Wedding Woes
Options

This is a very Monday Monday

Kids were cranky this morning.  I'm cranky and have a headache.  All the tiniest, stupid stuff is pissing me off.  Work applications aren't working like they're supposed to. 

I so want to just go back to bed.  I cannot wait for my day off on Weds.  The kids are going to school and I am having a day of doing what I want. 

Re: This is a very Monday Monday

• Options
    Sorry, Conn.  Hope your day gets better.

I woke up at 5:15 AM thinking it was Sunday and I could go back to sleep. Nope, it's Monday already and my alarm was set to go off in 5 mins.  YAWN.

I have a busy day at work so it'll go fast.
  • Options
    Everyone is dragging here.  We were one of only two kids at the bus stop this a.m., and then two more came running up as the bus arrived.  Usually there are about a dozen kids at our stop.  There was one kid on the bus. 

DH and I thought the game sucked, not because the Panthers lost, but because they played pretty sucky (all those fumbles and interceptions and sacks, oh my!).  On the bright side, he got an advisory from work because the victory parade would have run literally right past his office, so that's one less headache to deal with (traffic, parking, etc.).  If they had won, though, I was angling to get him to take the kids into his office to watch the parade from up high. 

I feel like I got so much done this weekend. 
  • Options
    Leaving in a few minutes to take my mom to the airport, she has been here visiting for the past 2 weeks. She needs to be there by 12, and no good choices for food really close, going through town with good choices about 10:30, so my big problem is where we are going to eat lunch!
  • Options

Woke up this morning to my first alarm. Decided I could sleep another 20 mins before I had to absolutely get up.

FI went kayaking with his mom yesterday. Lost his phone in the lake. The Super Bowl was fun. I won $75 in an office pool, so I am excited about that.

I have a super busy week. This weekend is the big Rockabilly Show. I have to get the hot rods running and figure out what I'm wearing and doing with my hair. I've got a non-profit anniversary dinner and a couple appointments that are fitting in somehow.

Happy Monday!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    This is my busy week of the month.  Board meeting tonight, charity event tomorrow, committee meeting on Wednesday, press meeting on Thursday.  At some point in there, I would like to eat and sleep.  

Still love it though.
  • Options
    Morning. All in all a good weekend- and we didn't even watch the Super Bowl.

DH thought we could stream it, but you had to a Verizon customer (which I'm not) and our internet is too crappy to live stream stuff like that. We can't find our antenna, so watching it on the TV wasn't an option either. I think we're going to end up getting a satellite dish- our internet is ridiculously shitty so it makes streaming things a real pain in the ass.

But we did have a ton of good food, and I'll be eating Buffalo Chicken dip for days.

Random TMI complaint: I bought a ton of new underwear from Amazon to replace my old panties. Washed them, and started wearing them this week. The fabric makes me itchy. Like I am constantly scratching myself down there. They are supposedly all cotton, so I have no idea why. DH was annoyed that I bought that much new underwear anyways because who needs that many pairs when as a guy he can just wear one pair for like 3 days (he doesn't really). So if I say "I think the 30 pairs of panties I bought need to go" he'll get all bitchy. But I'd rather waste money than have an itchy vulva.
  • Options
    We stayed up to watch the game last night so I'm dragging today. My department is interviewing candidates to replace me this week and it's weird. I'm choosing to leave for a better position, but it still feels awkward having my potential replacement around. Additionally searching takes a lot of time and energy so people are on edge and it's feeling a lot like my fault. 

We we have a winter storm advisory tonight so maybe I'll get snowed in tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I'd talk to amazon about returning pmeg--wort they can say is 'nope, you bought it, you're stuck with it', but 'these are unwearable' is a legit complaint.

the Mr. is out skiing.  Thus far, the skiing part of our vacay has been....well, put it this way, I've cried.  which is part my hormones still being all over the place, and part just frustration.  and some because I hurt myself falling one of the 15gamillion times I did it.  Today we'll tackle that again.

I'm purple shirted and waiting for my interview (which is why I"m not skiing).
    although I still don't know if I want this job.
    And I spent an ABSURD amount of time writing a speech for it--because 10 minutes takes hours and hours of work.

and my fingers are going numb and my head hurts.  Because interviews and skiing will definitely be more fun w/ migraines)

Buffy is at school, staying w/ grandparents...but I need to see about getting her a developmental eval when we get back. *sigh*.  I don't *think* there's anything wrong, but she's been having a dickins of a time at school (and home) recently.  we're working on a new behavioral plan w/ the teacher (who is the long term sub) but we're on the razor edge of normal/not normal (in my very-much not expert opinion), and I'd like to rule out a problem before we have it get any worse.
  • Options
    I am so tired today. We had a women's conference at church this weekend, and I helped staff it. It was awesome, but man! I am not used to going all weekend like that.

DH and I had a couple of friends over last night to watch the SuperBowl. It was an awesome game and we all had a great time.

I felt kind of sick all night after I went to bed, so I kept waking up. Plus DH was snoring and kept rolling over and hogging all the space. Needless to say I am not in the best of moods today. I was so tempted to call into work.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards