Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Jasmine B2 Bridesmaid dress prices

Hi everyone! I just made an appointment for my BM's to try on dresses and when I called I asked what their most affordable line of dresses is so I can look at them online first and she said Jasmine B2. I found some dresses that I think everyone will like (just trying to have ideas before we get there) and I can't find the prices online anywhere. Does anyone know what the average price is? I just don't want them having sticker shock if they are $250 or something (trying to stay under $200). I'm getting long dresses if that helps. Thanks in advance! 

Re: Jasmine B2 Bridesmaid dress prices

• Options
    Hi everyone! I just made an appointment for my BM's to try on dresses and when I called I asked what their most affordable line of dresses is so I can look at them online first and she said Jasmine B2. I found some dresses that I think everyone will like (just trying to have ideas before we get there) and I can't find the prices online anywhere. Does anyone know what the average price is? I just don't want them having sticker shock if they are $250 or something (trying to stay under $200). I'm getting long dresses if that helps. Thanks in advance! 

It's understandable that they'll have sticker shock if you haven't privately asked them their budgets yet! If their budget is not $250, you shouldn't pick a $250 dress.

But to answer your original question, I was in a wedding where the bride chose floor length Jasmine dresses and I ended up paying around $250. And I wasn't happy about it. Asking your bridesmaids for their budgets in advance is ALWAYS the way to go. 
    --

• Options
    Thank you. I asked their budgets and everyone said around $200 so I want to make sure that we aren't even looking at dresses that are over $200 but there are no prices listed on websites. I read that the B2 line by Jasmine is more affordable than other brands (and the regular Jasmine line) but I'm not sure what "more affordable" means to some people so I was hoping someone might know what the actual price range is. I'm just trying to make sure I have an appointment somewhere that definitely has dresses under $200 dollars but that's difficult when no one lists prices.
  • Options
    Why not just call the store and ask the price range?
  • Options
    I would call back and ask, but when I tried on a jasmine it was around $250 pre-tax, pre-shipping, without alterations. If you BM budget is $200 I would suggest looking at dresses in the $150-$175 range to factor in tax and any shipping or alterations they might need. 
  • Options
    Thank you, if the lady at the store would have said they were $250 instead of saying they are one of their most affordable brands then I wouldn't have even looked at them. I called the store and they were giving me a run around about giving me prices and told me the "average" price of them is $200 dollars. That really didn't help me because one could be $150 and one could be $300. She said some of the dresses are around $160 but that could have meant short ones and my wedding is in Michigan in November. I have no idea what designers I should be looking at because none of them post prices online. 
  • Options
    Does it have to be a certain designer or something fancier than a David's Bridal dress? Or why not pick a color and length and let the BMs go from there. Or look at a department store that might have options especially with prom season coming up there could be something that would work that doesn't seem prom-y
  • Options
    Thank you. I asked their budgets and everyone said around $200 so I want to make sure that we aren't even looking at dresses that are over $200 but there are no prices listed on websites. I read that the B2 line by Jasmine is more affordable than other brands (and the regular Jasmine line) but I'm not sure what "more affordable" means to some people so I was hoping someone might know what the actual price range is. I'm just trying to make sure I have an appointment somewhere that definitely has dresses under $200 dollars but that's difficult when no one lists prices.

Translation for the real world... This means the budget is about $80-125 for the dresses because you've got to figure taxes, ~$60 for a strapless/long-line, hem, and any potential alterations...  Say nothing of shoes/accessories!   You'll have your maids A LOT happier with you if the topped out after everything price is $200 than if the starting is $200!!!  Really, remember this is a dress they'll wear ONE time and doesn't have the emotional significance of say your wedding gown...

Check out Macy's, JCP, Sears, DEB, David's, Nordstrom's, or online (many stores carry a bridal/formal line)...  especially with it being Prom season there are tons of formals out there right now.  $200 SEEMS like it should be a decent price-point, but after the nickels and dimes, it's far too easy for that $200 base dress to end up closer to $400-500 by the time every last accessory is added up!

• Options
    I don't care who the designer is. They've all been in multiple weddings before and said they would rather not get the dress from David's Bridal because they don't like the way they fit so I'm just trying to find a designer that's affordable and will be something they like. All I'm asking is that they are the same color (from the same designer) and fabric. I don't care what shoes or jewelry or anything else about what they wear. I feel like they are being more picky about the dress than I am. 
  • Options
    You could try Alfred Angelo, they had more options in terms or fit and style that David's bridal did in my experience, they also run sales really frequently (10% off was the most common), and shops other than their chains carry their lines so if you have OOT bridesmaids it makes it work. 

I also recommend not picking a designer, but choosing a fabric, length, and color if they are asking for more direction. You could get a swatch of the color in the fabric you like, or give them a paint chip and fabric and tell them to choose their own in their budget. I would strongly recommend this route, especially if they've been in multiple weddings they can choose a dress they might actually wear again. 
  • Options
    I agree with what everyone is saying, my BMs were all pushing me to give them more guidance than a long dress in navy so we shopped a bit and liked a lot of the Bill Levkoff which were around $200. After that direction they went with things that looked like it, one girl found one used for a good price, one went full out and ordered a $200 dress because she loved it, one went to Nordstrom, and one ordered somewhere else online and got the wrong dress delivered (it had a sparkly belt attached). At the end of the day they all looked stunning and were happy with what they picked, you will never notice if they aren't the same designer.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i did jasmin b2 dresses style 3001 in seaglass floor length in chiffon they were around 190 for the dress. and my wedding was at the end of june

i would go to the salon pick out dresses in a price range everyone can afford and then go from there in terms of what looks good on everyone.  sometimes the salon will give you a discount because you are doing all the ordering from them. mori lee is also an affordable bridesmaid line as well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards