Wedding Invitations & Paper

Help Requested! Wording for separate ceremony and reception

I have my wedding this upcoming october. We are having our ceremony in Yosemite on the 15th and a reception the following weekend. The invitations are going out to all who will attend ceremony, however we know not all will make it.
         My question to you is:
How should this be communicated on the invitation without being too cumbersome. 
Also, any suggestions for wording on the response card.

Thanks in Advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Help Requested! Wording for separate ceremony and reception

• will those have to be on separate invitations or can it be added below where you would include traditional reception details?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Luvherby3 said:
    I have my wedding this upcoming october. We are having our ceremony in Yosemite on the 15th and a reception the following weekend. The invitations are going out to all who will attend ceremony, however we know not all will make it.
             My question to you is:
    How should this be communicated on the invitation without being too cumbersome. 
    Also, any suggestions for wording on the response card.

Thanks in Advance!
    Luvherby3 said:
    will those have to be on separate invitations or can it be added below where you would include traditional reception details?
    They are completely different events.  So they require completely separate invitations.

And I hope you're hosting a thank you reception for whoever is witnessing your Yosemite wedding immediately afterwards, on the same day, with no gap.
  • This is very tricky.  You are inviting people to a party to celebrate an event that they were not invited to witness.  It would be easier if there was more time between your wedding and your celebration party.
    Will everyone be invited to both events?  What are your plans for your wedding reception at Yosemite?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Everyone will be invited to both events. We are having a small picnic in the park post wedding for those that can attend the ceremony. Could we send both invitations within the same envelope since people will be rsvp-ing with the card that I was send with the invitation?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My first choice of invitations were having both information on the same card. but then I fell in love with a new style of invitaions that have them separate..I think either way is fine.
  • edited February 2016
    The wedding invitation should have the traditional wording. See sticky at the top of this board. Since you'll be hosting a picnic in (the same) park, 'reception to follow' may be printed on the wedding invitation.

The problem with enclosing an invitation to the other party is that the party is celebrating an event that hasn't occurred by the time the wedding invitation is sent. KWIM? I honestly want to help because it seems to be practical to mail the two together. You probably want those who can't travel to know there is a local event. I'm struggling with the wording. 

You are invited to celebrate the marriage of
                 Luv and Herby
    Saturday, the twenty second of October
    at two o'clock
    Venue Name 
    Address
    City, State (no zip!)

I know this isn't perfect. If anyone can suggest a better alternative, please correct me.

• I would do as MariePoppy advises above.  I also see the benefits of mailing both invitations in the same envelope, even if its not the most proper of things to do.

So in the envelope, I would stack the wedding invitation on top, then the invitation to the celebration of marriage (make it a bit smaller than the official wedding invite), then the RSVP card for both events.

I would also use MariePoppy's wording for the celebration of marriage invite.

• Try this:

Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    will be united in marriage on date.

The pleasure of your company is requested
    at a celebration of their marriage
    Date of party
    Time
    Venue
    Address
    City, State

I don't like it, but I think it works.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Wonderful! Thank you all so much! I know it's not the most conventional thing to do (which works since we're not the most conventional couple haha). Our families like the idea as well but we had no idea how to go about it. With your input, I think we're well on our way to getting these pesky invitations figured out :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards