New York-Long Island

Wedding Planners - Thoughts and Recommendations

I just got engaged about a month ago, and have not started much planning (haven't even looked at venues). That said, I'm thinking about using a wedding planner, either for just an initial consult (budget setting, vendor recommendations, etc.), or more likely assistance throughout the process. I love DIY and hope to do a lot on my own, but I have a pretty busy work schedule and my fiance works full time plus has school, and I'm just not sure I can get planning done on my own and still keep my sanity.

Has anyone in western suffolk county used a planner for either of these reasons, and if so, did you find them helpful? I've heard planners can end up essentially paying for themselves in the amount they save through vendor relationships and negotiations, but I don't know anyone who has used them before. I should also say that I have what seems to be a relatively low budget for the area, and will be paying for the majority ourselves.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide!!

Re: Wedding Planners - Thoughts and Recommendations

• edited March 2012
    I didn't really know what a planner did or what they could do for me but I was desperate for help. A friend of mine said I should get a planner and recommended Caitlin Russotti. I met with her and right off the bat I was comfortable. She walked me through what she typically helped people with and asked what I needed. I needed help with everything from budgeting to styling, selecting vendors and negotiating and then of course the day of. She helped me find the vendors based on what I told her I liked and disliked and once I to,d her who's work I liked she would negotiate with them from there. She then coordinated and talked to them the whole time. She did pay for her self and then some which was great after she negotiated so much but even if she hadn't it was so helpful to have her around. When some of my DIY projects didn't go as well as planned she helped me figure things out. For the day of she had timelines and checklists and that was awesome.
  • Oh her info;

Caitlin Russotti
    www.CaitlinRussotti.com

HTH!!!!

• We recently booked with Watermill in Smithtown as part of the package they include a personal party planner. I haven't spoken to her yet so I don't know how much help she will be but we don't have to pay for her services. Maybe check for things like that where you book your event. Anyway we can save money is how I'm looking at it.

Good luck!!
  • i just booked with elite(b)events. she specializes in budget weddings and is wonderful to work with. if you're still looking check her out

good luck :)
  • Thanks everyone! I have a few initial meetings set up, but from their website elite(b)events looks like it might be just what i'm looking for! Now to figure out exactly how much help I really need...
  • I booked with eliteb as well based off this post and i just have to say Shea is great! thanks for the recommendation ladies! what a life saver!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards