Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Wedding Dress Drama

Hello, I am in a current situation that I need advice and figured I'd ask the community. My wedding's in October and I just found my dream dress on eBay. I didn't even bid, just bought at their asking price and was floating on cloud nine for a week. After receiving no response from the seller I reached out. Nothing. I sent two more emails over the next three days, still with no response. I then reached out to eBay who was extremely unhelpful and pretty much told me I had to submit a claim, wait another 4-7 days and if still no response, they will take action.

This dress was discontinued over 3 years ago and is pretty much impossible to find; especially in my size. Has anyone else had this happen to them or can you provide some advice on what to do? I'm devastated right now thinking I might not be wearing my dream dress on my wedding day. Any suggestions, help or support is immensely appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Wedding Dress Drama

• Options
    Was your site from China or Malaysia?  They often run scams.  Follow Ebay's advice and your will get your refund.  Start shopping for a new dress now.

Did you ever actually try this dress on, or did you choose it from a picture on the internet?  Those dresses look very different on real people than in the photos.  You might have just been saved from making a big mistake!  Most eBay sellers don't give refunds.

Take the photo in to your local shop and show it to the consultants.  They can help you find something similar, and you still have time to order a dress.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options

That definitely stinks. Filing a claim with ebay is a good first step and then if you paid through paypal perhaps contacting them too or your credit card company to dispute the charge.  Did this seller have a lot of feedback?

As far as what to do next I'd probably start looking again. Maybe you can find a dress at a retailer that is similar - other knotties are good at helping people find similar dresses so why not post a picture and maybe someone has an idea.

• Options

Agree with above, get your money back. As for the dress, you could try taking the design to a local dressmaker and seeing what they might be able to do with just a picture as inspiration.

• Options
    ernursej said:

Agree with above, get your money back. As for the dress, you could try taking the design to a local dressmaker and seeing what they might be able to do with just a picture as inspiration.

I agree with this. What I thought was my "dream dress" looked horrible on my body style, and I ended up with a style of dress that I NEVER thought I would get, a sheath style. I think taking it to a dressmaker or a shop and showing them the picture so you can try on similar styles will help you find out what aspects you like and then contract someone to make you a dress. 
  • Options
    Absolutely file a claim with ebay and try and get your money back.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    file a claim get your money back seems like this was a stolen photos of a discontinued dress and seller had it on ebay and was going to send you a fake copy of it. google bridal consignments in your area and take photo with you and see if they have this dress in stock  or check out bridepower.com
    vows bridal outlet aka as the tlc hit i found the gown they sell ligit designer dresses samples at half the cost. if you had tried on this gown and it's the only gown you loved then try finding it through ligit avenues ,

also checkout preownedweddingdresses.com as well they are a ligit website where real brides sell there gowns 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards