Attire & Accessories Forum

Clashing colors?

Hi,

I have not bought my wedding dress so this is basically preemptive.  I plan on having a dusty shale, beige, gold color scheme at my wedding.  Gold being not tacky but elegant (which I am sure everyone says).  So looking at wedding dresses the ones that have "bling" on them tend to all be silver setting for the most part.  Again I haven't bought my dress for this to be a true concern but more so I know my mother sees me in a dress with some "bling" and I do too so I am anticipating that I have a large chance of that occurring.  Now I really wanted to wear gold jewelry, shoes and hair piece to go along with the gold accents at the venue and jewelry/belts my bridesmaids and MOH will be wearing.  What are your thoughts....does it clash or look horrible?  Have other people worn gold jewelry when their dress has silvery bling on it and have pictures?

Re: Clashing colors?

• Silver and gold are both neutrals, neutrals do not clash, so you should be fine.

However, if it bothers you , you can look for more of an ivory gown, since ivory and gold tend to go well.  My gown has some bling, but is ivory and lace and has pearls in the bead-work as well, so maybe something like that would be something you should be looking for.

But I would not worry about clashing, they're neutrals.
  • Hi,

I have not bought my wedding dress so this is basically preemptive.  I plan on having a dusty shale, beige, gold color scheme at my wedding.  Gold being not tacky but elegant (which I am sure everyone says).  So looking at wedding dresses the ones that have "bling" on them tend to all be silver setting for the most part.  Again I haven't bought my dress for this to be a true concern but more so I know my mother sees me in a dress with some "bling" and I do too so I am anticipating that I have a large chance of that occurring.  Now I really wanted to wear gold jewelry, shoes and hair piece to go along with the gold accents at the venue and jewelry/belts my bridesmaids and MOH will be wearing.  What are your thoughts....does it clash or look horrible?  Have other people worn gold jewelry when their dress has silvery bling on it and have pictures?

I don't have much to say about gold & bling clashing, because I really have no clue... but to the bolded - please don't dictate jewelry for your BMs! I'm assuming they're grown adults fully capable of accessorizing their own outfits. Plus, no one will be paying attention to their jewelry. I promise you, your BMs will greatly appreciate it if you let them accessorize themselves and let them show some individuality on your wedding day rather than being treated like props to complete your "vision."
    --

• You don't have to match your decor. My colors had a gold accent and it really didn't make a difference what my bridesmaids or I were wearing. It didn't clash. I had a dress with some sparkly details and wore silver accessories.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• If you're really OCD about it, find jewelry that has mixed metals.  I wear gold mainly in my day to day live and have a white gold band and that's what I do.

And umm...did you say gold?

• I am not dictating jewelry at all but I know they all are picking gold jewelry and shoes because they know that is one of the theme colors.  I am buying my MOH a belt to go along with her dress.  Since I am doing destination I already bought their dresses to help cost burdens.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards