Chit Chat
Options

Why are you crying?

Re: Why are you crying?

• Options

I need a good cry. Last week during my grandma's wake and funeral, I cried but I needed a big, ugly, audible cry and I wasn't going to do that in church. Her and my grandpa are in a mausoleum that's only open certain hours so I'm going to go there this weekend and just let it out. I need to. I'm tearing up at work right now. My grandma and grandpa were the most incredible people and they had such a huge positive influence on my life. And with my mom dead too, none of the people who had a good impact on my life are left (sorry, dad).

I've cried a lot lately for no reason, yet at the same time, for all the reasons. Buying a house in and of itself is stressful. I'm so worried that something is going to make it all fall through. We currently rent from and live next door to my stepdad, which is a nightmare. He's done lost his mind since my mom died and I NEED to GTFO out of there. So that's stressful. And it sucks doing this major life thing and not having my mom here. I need her for shit like this.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I am so sorry, @ShesSoCold. That sounds really hard. I'm not generally the hugging type, but I can send you internet hugs if that will help. 
  • Options
    @ShesSoCold *hugs* (sorry I am a hugger, even over the internet.) 
    I can sympathize with you and I am sorry. Get it out girl. 
  • Options
    I'm also a crier. It used to be much worse when I was on hormonal b/c. I've got a hormonal imbalance to begin with, and those things made me BSC. Laughing to bawling to screaming in 0.3 seconds. I'm surprised FI hung out through it, because I was not a nice person (part of why he's amaaaaaaaaazing). Now that I'm on super low hormone BCP, just enough to get me by, I'm still crazy but normal crazy not BSC  ;)

These days, I think I'm still grieving the loss of my Gramma in September, so elderly people get me in the feels. And thinking of my Grampa at home still... well here come the tears now! 

Haha, ugh and I've got maaaajor baby fever right now, so cute little fresh babies get me excited/happy/frustrated that I can't have one now crying. 

So I guess EVERYTHING!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm not really a crier.     However, this morning I wanted to cry.

I had a period in Oct, when we were away.  I got it again in Nov.... while we were away (lasted 25 days).     Haven't had one since.    Today...3 DAYS before I leave for NOLA... yep you guessed it.      

WTF is up with my body wanting to have my cycle when I'm traveling?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I never used to cry either, but now the water works break all the time!  Recently, I've been crying at almost all the eps of my 600 lb life.  I think that's the last thing I cried to (on TV anyway).

• Options
    I cry when I'm really mad (or frustrated), which is super annoying.  Like, when I would really like to kick somebody's ass, instead my body decides it's time to cry.  UGH.

FB makes me cry with the "four years ago today" etc.  DD was DS's age then, and now I look at her and feel like she's half-grown.  

Yesterday, DS was crying because it wasn't Halloween.
  • Options
    I have always cried easily, but in the last couple of years it has become my super power. It is ridiculous. 2 of my girls gave me a full body massage for Christmas. I started bawling. It wasn't anything sentimental, some longed for item or trip - and I ugly cried. I have honestly thought a lot about why. The only thing I can think of is the older I get the more angry/sad I get about my upbringing and that everyone is pretty much dead. It isn't my parents' fault they died when I was little, and 2 of my 3 siblings died 10 years ago, but there are no aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents, etc. I was the late in life oops baby and 3 of my 4 grandparents were dead before I was born, aunts and uncles passed away when I was pretty young. Now, my DH's family? Damn. He is 58 and has aunts and uncles that are spry and healthy and have been married to each other forever. Several of them. He has cousins coming out of his ears. He has 6 siblings who are all married and 5 of them chose to have kids. And, his dad is still kicking at 84. He has so much family, and while he loves them, he doesn't get how big of a deal I think it is. His youngest sister is doing the family history, and she is doing an impressive job digging for information. She brought it to our last family day and while I think it is awesome that she has done that and is sharing it, no way in Hell do I want to read it. That would be salt in the wound. All that said, I cry at happy things, silly things, sad things, I just cry very very often.
  • Options
    Heffalump said:
    I cry when I'm really mad (or frustrated), which is super annoying.  Like, when I would really like to kick somebody's ass, instead my body decides it's time to cry.  UGH.

FB makes me cry with the "four years ago today" etc.  DD was DS's age then, and now I look at her and feel like she's half-grown.  

That literally almost made me spit out my coffee laughing. Sometimes life is so unfair... reminds me of a story H told me of when he was little he watched the Disney Channel Original Movie Halloweentown and afterwards he started crying uncontrollably because it was just so unfair he was never going to get to live in the world of Halloweentown. I guess kids get all the feels about Halloween...

I went through a period about a month ago where for two weeks I was crying constantly and at the drop of a hat, but thankfully whatever that was worked itself out. The last thing I cried at was listening to the National Anthem at the Super Bowl on Sunday. Always gets me.

Since a lot of people on this thread are self-reported frequent criers, I'm curious to try to quantify that: do y'all cry daily? Multiple times daily? A couple times a week? 
  • Options
    Heffalump said:

Is DS a toddler? Isn't there like a blog or something that's pictures of toddlers crying with the absurd reasons why? Because that is pretty funny.
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    @themosthappy91 I don't necessarily cry every day, but I get choked up about something almost every single day. I'm such a sap and so emotional. I probably outright cry once a week.
  • Options

Since a lot of people on this thread are self-reported frequent criers, I'm curious to try to quantify that: do y'all cry daily? Multiple times daily? A couple times a week? 
    Mine is probably a couple times a week. It's not usually anything too extreme- i.e. not usually uncontrollable sobbing, but sometimes it is. I've figured out that usually when I cry it's caused when something small (commercial, song, line in a TV show, etc.) strikes a chord with something deeper in me (family issues, stress, etc.).

Poor DH. When it does take the uncontrollable sobbing route he has no idea how to respond. He's such a logical person that even when I try to explain how my mind and emotions work he can't even fathom it. Bless him.

• Options
    nerdwife said:
    I am so sorry, @ShesSoCold. That sounds really hard. I'm not generally the hugging type, but I can send you internet hugs if that will help. 
    ThxSugar said:
    @ShesSoCold *hugs* (sorry I am a hugger, even over the internet.) 
    I can sympathize with you and I am sorry. Get it out girl. 

Thanks ladies, I appreciate it. :)

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I finally selected a venue along with FI, my mom had come looking with us since she doesn't work and I hadn't seen her in a while. Well after we told her that it was "the one" she went and talked to my father and he called to say he was covering everything. So a cried like a 5 year old going to disney. Plus, we've been engaged for over a year and now we finally have a date, so I cried later when I realized that.
  • Options
    I'm sorry about your job hunt, that is really difficult. I know I always play interviews back in my head too when I don't get the job. Good luck on your interview today!!

I am a big crier too. DH laughs because sometimes I even cry at commercials and there have been a couple of movies that I cry through the entire thing. He also doesn't get the concept of happy tears and always says "how can something good make you cry?" 

I didn't used to ever cry. I was on a really high dose of medication for depression but a couple of years ago I decided to get myself off of it because I felt like it was just making me feel nothing. Sure it kept me from getting into the really low moods but I was also never happy. Best decision I've made though it is hard, sometimes I take really bad swings but with counselling and DH's support I'm able to get myself out of the really low moods. Once I went off the meds I started feeling again and the waterworks started. 

Lately I've been crying at the book I'm reading for book club. It's A Man Called Ove. I cry at the parts where he talks about his wife. I think love makes me cry the most, it's just such a strong emotion. There's also a song that came on the radio the other day and I can't remember the title but it's a guy singing about how much he loves his wife so I was crying and then at the end it reveals he looses her to cancer and when DH heard that he started crying. I have cancer and while it's under control it's still there and it really worries DH. That's one of the few things that makes him cry. 
    Oh gosh. A Man Called Ove tore me up inside. The parts about his wife were tough but the worst part for me was when he got swindled by the insurance guy. I honestly cried over that several times. Just thinking about how hard he worked to build his house, and the fire, and not being able to rebuild... oh gosh.   :s

I'm so sorry you are going through cancer, lots of hugs and good wishes for recovery!  <3
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I need a good cry. Last week during my grandma's wake and funeral, I cried but I needed a big, ugly, audible cry and I wasn't going to do that in church. Her and my grandpa are in a mausoleum that's only open certain hours so I'm going to go there this weekend and just let it out. I need to. I'm tearing up at work right now. My grandma and grandpa were the most incredible people and they had such a huge positive influence on my life. And with my mom dead too, none of the people who had a good impact on my life are left (sorry, dad).

I've cried a lot lately for no reason, yet at the same time, for all the reasons. Buying a house in and of itself is stressful. I'm so worried that something is going to make it all fall through. We currently rent from and live next door to my stepdad, which is a nightmare. He's done lost his mind since my mom died and I NEED to GTFO out of there. So that's stressful. And it sucks doing this major life thing and not having my mom here. I need her for shit like this.

My anxiety was the worst it had ever been during our homebuying process. I was in therapy at the time and I talked about it every session and every session we talked through scenarios and how even if it did fall through, it wouldn't be the worst thing, etc. And every time I left the office I went right back to fearing homelessness and ruined credit and our realtor hating us and everything else. 

Please indulge and have a good cry. Seriously, the hormones thing is true. You will feel cleansed. Cry and scream or whatever you need to do, then put a cool washcloth on your face, drink some water, and have some chocolate. Hope you feel better soon. 
  • Options
    Oh goodness. Internet hugs to everyone, seriously. 

Anything to do with babies and pets makes me tear up. Last week I mentioned quitting FB for Lent and it was partially due to too many people sharing pictures of abused animals. I can't. 

This is a FWP for sure but I cried this week on vacation. I was so excited to try skiing on a proper mountain (as opposed to a gentle Midwestern big hill). I hate heights but figured I'd overcome that fear. I didn't. I got myself to the practice area at Vail (which is about 2000 vertical feet above the village) and was fine. I was enjoying the practice area. But I took the first proper green practice run to the next lift and freaked the fuck out. There was one steep drop to get to the next level and if I didn't turn in time I'd be off a cliff. So I stood there in the middle of the run crying. Finally snowplowed my way over to the next lift. They suggested I take that lift to another easy (hah!) run to get to a gondola to get off the mountain. Well, I couldn't even get to the easy run. I was up at about 12,000 feet just crying while everyone else was taking pictures or whatever before gracefully descending into the abyss. Luckily Ski Patrol are very kind and they took me by snowmobile back to the practice area, where I stayed a few more hours before taking that gondola back down. 
    NEVER AGAIN. Fear of heights is a serious matter. 

• Options
    I am a crier from way back! My kids give me a hard time because I cry at Hallmark commercials. Pets get me and elderly people because I don't have my Mom and Dad anymore. I cried every day for at least two months after my daughter's wedding because of the tension between us during the planning process. I didn't enjoy the day and still cry about it if I think about it. I also cry when I get mad! I guess I cry at just about anything. Poor H!

@spockforprez, good luck with the job search. @ShesSoCold, I understand how you miss your Grandma and Mom. It will get easier.
  • Options

well, now I'm crying (at work) after seeing this video:

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/syrian-refugees-tim-hortons-1.3438880

yup, it doesn't take much.

• Options
    I discovered last night that Carousel was on Netflix.  I cried a little when the opening number started.  It's my favorite Rodgers and Hammerstein musical.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    I feel a bit left out, I'm not a cryer at all.

• Options

I will cry at the drop of a hat.  I think the whole wedding planning and associated stress has not helped.  But so what.  Nothing wrong with being emotional.  Good luck on your job hunting.

• Options
    I feel a bit left out, I'm not a cryer at all.

Hahaha. It's cathartic, for sure. But it's often inconvenient and infuriating. So maybe you're just fine not crying!
  • Options
    Today I cried a bit because FH ate too much at dinner and got sick (vomited) after. He has never thrown up in the entire almost four years we've been together. It's so heartbreaking to see someone you love sick!

Shamefully, a small frisson of vindication popped into my head because I got pissed at him when he ordered the TWENTY FUCKING OUNCE prime rib at dinner. First of all... it was $30. We were having celebratory steak dinner, true, but damn, son! Second of all, who the fuck needs to eat that much meat, plus bread, plus a sweet potato. I think my eyes actually bugged all the way out of my skull when he said that to the waiter. I mentioned it briefly but he was proud of his choice so I piped down.

This in no way gives me pleasure at his puking it back up. That was awful and I told him a dozen times how sorry I was that he was sick and gave him lots of back rubs and got him some seltzer water. But, even so... I did tell him it was too much! And he is a slender guy, he's 145 pounds at 5'10! No wonder! Grrr. 
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    Today I cried a bit because FH ate too much at dinner and got sick (vomited) after. He has never thrown up in the entire almost four years we've been together. It's so heartbreaking to see someone you love sick!

Shamefully, a small frisson of vindication popped into my head because I got pissed at him when he ordered the TWENTY FUCKING OUNCE prime rib at dinner. First of all... it was $30. We were having celebratory steak dinner, true, but damn, son! Second of all, who the fuck needs to eat that much meat, plus bread, plus a sweet potato. I think my eyes actually bugged all the way out of my skull when he said that to the waiter. I mentioned it briefly but he was proud of his choice so I piped down.

This in no way gives me pleasure at his puking it back up. That was awful and I told him a dozen times how sorry I was that he was sick and gave him lots of back rubs and got him some seltzer water. But, even so... I did tell him it was too much! And he is a slender guy, he's 145 pounds at 5'10! No wonder! Grrr. 
    DH has done this many times, starting in his childhood.  He wants to eat by the clock, and seems to have no idea whether he is hungry, or not.  He is often sick after eating at a buffet restaurant.  (Four plates of food?  Really?)
    I cannot change him.  I didn't raise him.  I am not his mother.
    He blames his weight gain on me.  He says it is my fault because I buy chocolate.  Hmm.....
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    I wasn't a crier, until I met DH.  Now, it's a lot of family stuff - people getting engaged, kids coming home/the thought of losing them.  Probably cos I have nieces and nephews now. 

Tonight I'm crying for a better reason.  I got punched not once but twice tonight at practice, enough to make me bleed, which is surprisingly hard to do. My lip is big enough to rival Angelina Jolie, but only on 1 side.  And I hate being on this team and really wish I had switched gyms.  So I cried all the way home in the car.  Good thing DH is awesome

• Options
    CMGragain said:

DH has done this many times, starting in his childhood.  He wants to eat by the clock, and seems to have no idea whether he is hungry, or not.  He is often sick after eating at a buffet restaurant.  (Four plates of food?  Really?)
    I cannot change him.  I didn't raise him.  I am not his mother.
    He blames his weight gain on me.  He says it is my fault because I buy chocolate.  Hmm.....
    I think FH just has an issue with moderation at "special" occasions. In his everyday life he is happy to eat the same identical meals for breakfast and lunch and then whatever I make for supper, with no complaint. He lost 50 pounds in about a year (to be honest if you had told me he had 50 lbs to lose I would have laughed!), so no issues with chronic or compulsive overeating. (Me on the other hand...) But put him in a restaurant or at the Thanksgiving table and he eats both too much and too quickly. He ate like six or seven rolls at Thanksgiving!
  • Options

I wasn't a crier, until I met DH.  Now, it's a lot of family stuff - people getting engaged, kids coming home/the thought of losing them.  Probably cos I have nieces and nephews now. 

Tonight I'm crying for a better reason.  I got punched not once but twice tonight at practice, enough to make me bleed, which is surprisingly hard to do. My lip is big enough to rival Angelina Jolie, but only on 1 side.  And I hate being on this team and really wish I had switched gyms.  So I cried all the way home in the car.  Good thing DH is awesome
    Oh my god! That's awful. Is this like kickboxing, or MMA, or what sport where you are getting punched? I would cry too. I hope you have had some nice indulgent self-care tonight!
  • Options
    My poor FH has been up twice since I wrote the previous post, getting sick. I don't think it's because of eating too much. We ate the same things (I tried a couple pieces of his prime rib) except sweet potato and asparagus. Plus usually food poisoning takes awhile, right? I don't know why he's so sick, but poor baby.  :(
  • Options
    My poor FH has been up twice since I wrote the previous post, getting sick. I don't think it's because of eating too much. We ate the same things (I tried a couple pieces of his prime rib) except sweet potato and asparagus. Plus usually food poisoning takes awhile, right? I don't know why he's so sick, but poor baby.  :(
    Food poisoning usually shows up within a couple of hours of eating the tainted food. If you ate his food too and aren't sick, it probably isn't food poisoning. He might just have a stomach bug and eating that much food results in that much vomiting. Hope he feels better soon!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards