Not Engaged Yet

FRIDAY

Hopefully this won't be a double post the same time as someone else...

Happy Friday!

Weekend plans?

What did you have for breakfast or going to have for breakfast?

What are you having for dinner?

Did you have any dreams last night?

What are you wearing?

Do you have Monday off for pres day?

Looking forward to anything in the next month?

Re: FRIDAY

• Weekend plans? 

Today I'm supposed to leave early to go get my nails did (although my boss has not responded to my time off request). H is off today so I'm guessing we'll just hang out on the couch tonight. Although I do need to clean up the apartment a bit. There's an exterminator coming early in the morning tomorrow because the tenants below us have seen mice in their apartment so the property management company wants to be proactive. 

Saturday will probably be a whole lot of nothing. Sunday we're going to a show with H's friend and his GF. It's a singer that H really likes and I'm not going to know any of the songs lol but whatever. Monday will probably be a lazy day.

Slim fast shake

Don't know yet. Depends on what H wants to do.

I dreamt/dreamed? about work :(

What are you wearing?

tshirt, sweater, jeans and uggs. It's freezing here.

YES!!

Getting taxes done, adding it to our savings and looking at houses

• @caseface5 oooo I'm so into mediums on tv, I've never been in person though

@cocobellaf How come your anatomy scan is next week but you already know it's a girl? SF sounds fun!

@twodimes have the best trip ever!!!

@minskat30 Glad you like the new tile better, and glad you open your mouth and don't just let people get away with shit. Isn't goat cheese on the no-no list of soft cheese for pregnancy? I don't know, there is fucking so much on the list and H is being crazy that I adhere to all of it. Hmmm I'm not good at presents...I always try to do sentimental stuff (like vacation stubs inside a Christmas ornament) and he is never very blown away by them haha.

• @jenna8984 You guys are getting a storm? I think we're only supposed to get like an inch from tonight through tomorrow morning. 

@minskat30 Sorry this remodel has been a total PITA for you. Sounds like this issue ended up working out for you though. Still, I'd be so annoyed. 
    I have no gift ideas, sorry- I'm pretty bad at that stuff! 
    Did you guys discuss names last night?

• @jenna8984 - When I was in the ER this week, they did an hour-long ultrasound.  We found out then!
  • @caseface5 Are you guys seeing the medium at a venue or will it just be the 2 of you? 

@jenna8984 There are cheeses you can't eat while pregnant??

• LizzyTish88LizzyTish88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @minskat30 I have been to mediums before. The ones I am seeing tonight are the nieces of another well known one, Maureen Hancock. (Not sure if she is well known just in MA or elsewhere too.) One of the two I have seen both in a small group and in a larger group and she is amazing. I haven't seen her cousin before. 

@lavenderfields13 It's a small venue limited to 75 people. I've been to this venue twice already and it's very intimate. Last time I went to this place, the medium (who was childhood friends with the woman I am going with) said she kept meaning to get over to us, and sent my friend home with a message for me, so I am really hoping I get a reading tonight.

ETF grammar
    friends tv show funy
  • Yay, it's Friday! The bosses are gone and we have our work potluck today. I've already gotten some cute Valentines stuff from my co-workers. This is me today -

Weekend plans? Hopefully seeing Deadpool and Zoolander 2, going to my favorite Mexican restaurant with H, and eating homemade chicken parm off our fancy china for Valentine's Day. And sex. Obvi.

What did you have for breakfast or going to have for breakfast? I made banana bread last night and it came out SO good!

What are you having for dinner? Not sure, but we'll probably eat out. We don't usually cook on Fridays.

Did you have any dreams last night? Not that I remember.

What are you wearing? 2 Stitch Fix items! A floral tank and grey cardigan with bootcut jeans.

Do you have Monday off for pres day? I wish. But we did have MLK off.

Looking forward to anything in the next month? March is my BFF's b-day and we are going to Fredericksburg to drink ALL THE WINE!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• minskat30minskat30 member
    edited February 2016
    @jenna8984 - I actually completely forgot that.  Yeah, I've had goat cheese more than once this pregnancy too.  Fuck.  Oh well, there is too much to worry about. ETA - I think goat cheese is actually ok if it is from pasteurized milk...I'll check to see if mine was.  Regardless, what is done is done, right?  Listeria is everywhere anyways...I feel like I'm more likely to get it from salad then deli meat/soft cheese.

@cocobellaf @lavenderfields13 - No name discussion yesterday.  :(  I seriously was not in the mood after dealing with crappy people at work, crappy construction people, crappy tile shop employees, etc., etc.  My head was pounding last night so bad I took tylenol and a unisom (I don't normally take any meds).  I did not want to attempt an important discussion with H in that kind of a mood.  We'll have the name talk this weekend hopefully.
  • @lavenderfields13 Oh yea, maybe it's just the "severe cold" warnings I'm getting and I confused that with snow...either way I'll stay home and veg out haha. And yes, frigen brie my favorite cheese ever you're not supposed to eat (along with like goat and blue and gorgonzola) because they are technically made with the mold casing which can be "dangerous" or whatever.

@cocobellaf oooh that's right, so glad you're feeling better. Well I know you barfed today so, not too much better, but you know what I mean. At least you aren't in the hospital anymore and everything is A-OK with baybay!

@speakeasy14 you always have adorable outfits. I want your purple blazer and now I want your red one.

@beachyone15 mmm love banana bread, I should make some! And hell yes to boss being out today.

• @speakeasy14 - Adorable baskets!  You are such a good sister.  :)
  • @speakeasy14 - I have been really sick this week, but no more cramps or bleeding, so I guess I can't complain.  :)
  • @minskat30 I always gift experiences for my bf.  Is there something your H has always wanted to do or try?
  • Weekend plans?
    Not a whole lot. Sushi date at some point, Deadpool, making breakfast on Sunday {pancakes!} and having mum over for tacos on Monday

Does a piece of pizza that's going to be for lunch count?

no clue

No thank gawd

What are you wearing?
    work sweater, purple tshirt, grey dress pants and grey flats

it's called "Family Day" in Canada and yes

Uhm .... it's a 3 pay month so it means closer to saving and maybe buy a few needs, Matt's and my 5yr anniversary and spring starts. So that's exciting! Otherwise not much.

• minskat30minskat30 member
    edited February 2016
    @minskat30 I always gift experiences for my bf.  Is there something your H has always wanted to do or try?
    I feel like this is why I usually do trips (St Lucia was on his bucket list).  I know H wants to go to Warren Buffet's annual investor meeting (as cheesy as that sounds)...maybe I'll look into that.  I've done sailing lessons and cooking classes before for him.  The other experience gifts (driving a racecar, etc. don't really appeal to him).  His favorite comedian is coming into town but the show is 3 days before my due date so I think that would be pushing it.  I'm usually really good at gift giving but I'm drawing a blank.   
  • Hi guys! How's it going?

Still don't have much to talk about, nothing too exciting happening with me. Yesterday I bought a new laptop! My Toshiba that I've had for the last few years has been making me CRAZY! In addition to battery issues, it would shut off randomly even when plugged in, it lagged SO MUCH to the point where I could type an entire paragraph and no words would appear on the screen for about five minutes. It made Knotting VERY frustrating lol. It just took forever for me to do anything, and I didn't even have viruses or malware! It was time for an upgrade, so I took advantage of a student discount promo and bought a brand new MacBook Air! It's 11 inches and looks so tiny, a HUGE difference from my 15 inch Toshiba. Now I can fit it in my bag and take it everywhere with me so I can keep up with my school work better since I am working all the time. I'm really happy about it :)

Weekend plans?
    None. BF is going to be in Ohio, and is going to try to make it back in time for dinner on Sunday but I predict I won't be seeing my Valentine :(

Three boiled eggs, an apple, and a piece of toast.

Probably a half of an avocado, some rice, and chicken that I cooked up at the beginning of the week lol

No but I woke up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and when I looked into my living room I nearly had a heart attack because this wreath we have in the front window looked like the silhouette of a person looking into the house.

What are you wearing?
    Pajamas... I don't work till 4 lol

Yes but not because of President's Day... because of Westminster! I am soooo excited!

Not in February, but my birthday is the first week of March, does that count?
  • @CocoBellaF no more cramps or bleeding is very good.  Hopefully the puking sessions start becoming less frequent.

@jenna8984 haha thanks! I hate having to dress business professional all the time.  I have four colored blazers, but want to get more so I don't feel as stuffy.  The other colors I have are yellow and green. 
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    edited February 2016
    minskat30 said:
    @minskat30 I always gift experiences for my bf.  Is there something your H has always wanted to do or try?
    I feel like this is why I usually do trips (St Lucia was on his bucket list).  I know H wants to go to Warren Buffet's annual investor meeting (as cheesy as that sounds)...maybe I'll look into that.  I've done sailing lessons and cooking classes before for him.  The other experience gifts (driving a racecare, etc. don't really appeal to him).  His favorite comedian is coming into town but the show is 3 days before my due date so I think that would be pushing it.  I'm usually really good at gift giving but I'm drawing a blank.   
    What about any of these ideas? CLICK

Oh or, the one year I bought laser tag guns.  Wrapped them up and had a note that said "once the batteries are in, we are officially at war."  
  • @minskat30 usually if I can't think of any good gifts (and BF is VERY hard to shop for!) I go with concert tickets. Is there any artist he likes that is on tour or going soon? This year I bought BF tickets to see Walk the Moon but the show isn't until July, so if you could find something that's happening after the baby is born, that might work! Last year I bought bf tickets to a Rangers vs. Islanders hockey game, so if he likes sports that could be fun too...
  • @wink0erin I frequently worry that BF and I got each other the same thing! In the past we have gotten each other VERY similar gifts, like one year we got each other grey coats, another year we got each other uggs (he got nice leather slippers, I got non-suede boots!). It's really funny since it's his and hers stuff, but the day we get each other tickets to the same event will be the day we stop giving gifts lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards