Not Engaged Yet

Monday!

Good morning friends! We had an extra long weekend and it was such a great weekend! We were crazy busy but it was great! How was your weekend?

Thursday night was pretty chill, I went to CrossFit to train just a tiny bit more before my competition and then we went home and had chili.

Friday I woke up bright and early and took Maddux to the vet for his check-up, he went insane as usual and I looked a hot mess. After that I rushed home and cleaned and put together our new bed frame for our guest bedroom! We LOVE how it looks with everything else in the room.

Afterwards we began our search for our new vehicle. We spent most of our day doing this and didn't have any luck until we went to the very last dealer and we found two cars that we are interested in. We only had time to test drive one and today DH is going there to test drive the other and have our mechanic check them out to be sure they are in good condition. So it's between a Lincoln Navigator and a Honda Pilot. I like the Honda Pilot more but it has more miles on it than the Navigator but the Navigator is older so we will see what our mechanic comes back with. After that we went and picked up Callie and had leftover chili.

Saturday morning was my very first CrossFit competition. I was having all the adrenaline and it reminded me of my old cheerleading competitions and how pumped I used to get. We improved after each workout. There were three total workouts and after the first we were in 5th, after the second we moved to 4th, and then after the last workout we finished in 3rd place in our division out of 9 teams. We were super excited and I was so proud of our team. It was a lot of fun and I'm definitely going to do it again. Here is our team and our cheerleaders lol:

That night DH and I went out to dinner at Ruth's Chris steakhouse while my parents babysat Callie. It was so late and I was so tired but the food was excellent. We had steak, lobster mac n cheese, and brussel sprouts! So good!

Sunday I woke up early to find DH had all my Valentine's gifts waiting for me. He is seriously the best. He got me my alma mater license plate frame and my monogrammed license plate for the front of my new van. Then he got me chocolates, ice cream, and champagne...I'm a fatty. He also got Callie and I both roses. I got him a new robe and his favorite candy. I made cinnamon rolls and mimosas and gave Callie her little gifts. It was a great day together!

Today DH is doing all the car stuff and I'm working from home. Tonight is the Bachelor and possibly crossfit! Also....I decorated for St. Patrick's Day because I'm crazy:

Re: Monday!

• @labro - I love love LOVE that granite.  It will look amazing with bronze fixtures.
  • @futuremrshistorian Thanks! I do too! Have fun in Dubai (I can't even imagine what a "cheap" plane ticket there looks like lol!)!

• @futuremrshistorian Aw thank you! I've heard about Savannah's St. Patrick's Day celebration. Apparently it's quite insane lol. I've never been myself. Tell your sister she is doing great! It sucks to gain all that weight but if she is wanting to do some exercise walking and squats are the best and small weight exercises are great too. When is she due?

@labro All those choices look great! I know it's going to look so good! I can't wait to see everything coming together! Are you planning on doing this yourselves?
  • @jenna8984 You have seen them all don't worry lol. I've had my coach wallet for like 6 or 7 years now...it's still in good condition too. They are awesome! That's sweet of your H to get that for you! Also...NOMS OREO CHEESECAKE!
  • @southernpeach89 Yes....I think we're most definitely insane although most of it should be easy enough. Depending on what we find when we start tearing out the old tile, and the walls of the shower, we may hire a plumber to come do some work but otherwise we'll do the majority of it ourselves. Bathroom remodels like what we're planning can cost $10k with all the labor and right now I'm estimating this will cost us less than $3k right now.

• @southernpeach89 - She's due March 5!  Soon I'll know if I have another niece or nephew!

@labro - Haha, yeah, by "cheap," I mean less than $900.  I think we paid $930 with travel insurance.  Not bad for an international flight two weeks in advance!

• @futuremrshistorian Those are great gifts you sent each other, love the shutterfly of Istanbul! Wow Dubai, I've always wanted to go there, looks amazing. That is going to be one long ass flight for a short trip but what an experience just to see it and be with your BF!

@labro ooo very pretty choices!! I feel like I could look at tiles in Home Depot for hours!

• @labro That's a great price for all of those updates!

@futuremrshistorian Wow she is getting close! Almost there!

• @labro When we were re-doing our bathroom in the old house, we wanted to keep it really cheap because we were selling the house. We didn't want high end, we just wanted not 1950 so it would sell. We had a contractor come over and quote us $4500 JUST for the plastic/fiberglass shower walls. We were like are you out of your fucking mind?!?! My H and his dad ended up doing the shower, toilet, wainscoting, sink/ vanity, lighting, painting, adding an outlet and adding an exhaust fan for around $1,800.

• @jenna8984 H was definitely getting annoyed with me wanting to look at things side by side. I was kind of disappointed though....our HD did not have the selection of tile I was expecting!

• @futuremrshistorian Awwww look at that belly!!!!!

@jenna8984 Yeah... my current total cost on the spreadsheet is a lot less than $3k but I'm trying to factor in all the random things that come up, plus 20% for hidden costs. Plus I have some other items I haven't factored in yet like re-doing our linen closet, and new lighting fixtures.

• @speakeasy14 - Wow...it's obviously Monday.  He actually told me Happy Valentine's Day.  But I wrote Happy Birthday.  Because Monday.
  • @futuremrshistorian hahahaha its ok, I just had to reread your post because I couldn't figure out why everyone was talking about Dubai.  Have an awesome trip! And that is an amazing deal.  I have alerts for all of Europe because I haven't seen flights for under $1,000 in years, so under $1000 for Dubai is incredible. 
  • @speakeasy14 You will have to AW everything when you're finished!!!
  • @speakeasy14 If you could send me some of that baked ziti that'd be great. ;)

• @southernpeach89 will do
    @labro haha I'm not sure about shipping cheese, but there's a ton left. 
  • Is it really just us today? Ugh guess I have to actually work 
    Maybe a lot of people have today off since it's President's Day and all. DH has today off.
    Maybe a lot of people have today off since it's President's Day and all. DH has today off.
    I was just thinking this.  We have classes today, but most of the public schools don't...the completely adorable son of one of my colleagues was helping his Dad get things off the printer in the department office a few minutes ago when I went down there.  The cuteness was about overwhelming.

• @southernpeach89 another downside to not getting off random holidays, I had no idea it was a holiday today haha
  • @speakeasy that was nice of your family to get you the spa gift card! And yea, I never keep track of pseudo holidays either since I have work!

• @southernpeach89 sounds like a great weekend! I would go with the Pilot...great family vehicle. 
    @futuremrshistorian Dubai! I'm so excited for you.
    @labro yes! savings! Everything you picked out looks so pretty.
    @speakeasy yes, baked ziti with extra sauce AND cheese next time. So good.

Good morning! I have today off! It's still freezing outside and tomorrow looks like a high of 50. Gotta love New England weather. This weekend was really fun. My H had Saturday off so we went shopping and watched TV. We played Pie Face at night with family and it was so funny, and equally messy. Sunday we did breakfast out with my MIL and later out to dinner at the same Indian place we go to every year on Valentine's. Definitely a nice, easy weekend.

Today I have zero plans- except for possibly getting my nails done. It's just so cold out that I don't really feel like leaving. Tomorrow and Wednesday I have PD for work. Looks like the pipes in the school froze and then cracked so the location for work has changed to the other middle school. They are hustling to fix it for when the kids come back on Thursday. Hopefully none of my things got ruined. I'll cry!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards