Louisiana-New Orleans

Chateau LeMoyne/Bourbon Vieux /Second Line

Hello all,
I am having an upcoming ceremony at Chateau LeMoyne and reception at Bourbon Vieux. Has anyone had any events at either of these two places? Things you liked things you didn't like? I am from Wisconsin so I will not have the chance to visit either of these two places before my wedding I just kind of booked it on a whim. 

Also did any of you all have a second line at your wedding? Did you like it? Was it fun? I am not a very outgoing, attention on me type - but everyone keeps telling me if I have a wedding in NOLA that I have to do a second line. Its like a tradition. 

Thanks!

Re: Chateau LeMoyne/Bourbon Vieux /Second Line

• Hey @Knottie1455395119 !  I didn't have my wedding at either place, but I did call both of them.  Chateau LeMoyne was under construction for renovations at the time, but I've heard good things.  Bourbon Vieux didn't have what we were looking for in a package, if I remember correctly.  But it seemed nice!

We did a second line and it was amazing.  I would definitely recommend it, regardless of attention or anything because it is such a fun event for everyone involved.  My husband and I aren't big on the limelight either, but it was something we both wanted to experience so bad, so we just went for it.  It actually poured during our ceremony and second line, and instead of doing it in our reception venue, we just said "hell with it!" and went out.  Our entire wedding (save for one couple) went with us on our route- downpour and all!  I think almost every guest told me that it was something they will never forget, and I got a lot of "this was the best wedding ever!" too.  For out-of-towners (I live here now), it is a once and a lifetime experience (for the most part).  And talk about limelight- we even got featured on the news that night because of the rain.  It was crazy, but so worth it.  We hired Kinfolk Brass Band, and they were great. 

Good luck! I hope you choose to do it because I think it will be one of the highlights of your wedding!  If you have any other questions or anything, feel free to PM me.  Planning from far away is hard, so I'll help you anyway I can. :)
  • Wow thanks so much. I think we are going to do the second line. Everyone we've talked to about it said just like you that it was something that everyone remembered and would be one of the highlights of the wedding. Thanks for the recommendation of the band!!!!  :):):)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards