New York-Long Island

Long Island wedding for 10k?

We're on a pretty tight budget for our wedding next fall. We're looking a few venues here and there..but I'm having a hard time even wrapping my mind around a wedding for or under 10k on LI. We live in Suffolk, out east and it seems like every place we go to look at is SO expensive. Can anyone recommend any affordable places to have our ceremony and reception? I'm trying to avoid the whole glitzy LI wedding hall thing..want to go with somewhere unique and nice for the fall! but of course, in our budget. Thanks!

Re: Long Island wedding for 10k?

• edited December 2011
    "Unique" on Long Island pretty much means expensive, so you're probably not going to find what you want for 10K.  That being said, Mediterranean Manor in Patchogue does all-inclusive wedding packages (DJ, transportation, food, etc.) for around 10K.  It's not the newest place, but my parents have been to weddings there and said they do a pretty good job.  Ladakins in Center Moriches is also pretty inexpensive.  If you have a smaller guest list and don't care about having a dance floor, you could also look into hosting it at a restaurant instead of a catering hall.
    imagemy to-read shelf:
    Steph's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    why not have it at a great local restaurant? depending on how many people you could really have a super wedding on that OR choose a less expensive place (like a vfw-i know it's not what you had in mind) but with awesome food and some creative decorating you can totally make them into whatever you want-for much less than other places.
    also-see if you can cut down on the areas that really add a lot-flowers, dj, limos, photographer etc.. for example: you can do much less expensive flowers for the girls and skip the guys bouts-i've never known a guy to be excited about wearing a flower anyway. have a photographer for only part of the event (ceremony, dances and maybe 1st hour of reception), use your ipod as the dj. many people do this and have great results.
    also think of things like centerpieces-instead of big huge expensive ones consider going to stop and shop (that has GREAT flowes that last forever) getting many bunches of mixed flowers and just throwing them in some vases with some flameless votives around it in some frosted holders (cheap at michaels). looks awesome for much less than a florist. you can also do your own invites at home on a printer. so many craft places sell packs with instructions.
    also since it's in the fall you can go and buy many of ornamental cabbages and fall plants-like maroon flowers etc...  at places like home depot to decorate the space.
    to me it's no the place that makes a wedding unique but the way it's done and how fun it is.
    good luck!!

• edited December 2011
    My budget is 10K, I am having a Winter wedding for 80ppl at Timberpoint Country Club (includes catering and cake) very convenient in comparison with other places.  I am DYI: Save the date, invitation, candle centerpieces, flower girl basket, my make-up (I am good at that).  I am using silk flowers instead of real ones for the bouquet and other small floral arrangements for the ceremony.  Most of the money is going into the reception, DJ and photographer, but since is off-season, prices are affordable. The judge is free for us since he is family, but consider that that could cost about 500 or so....

Good Luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Well our 10k budget is getting thrown out the window a bit. We just looked a few places, and we're settling for a 15k budget..with the help of my parents that is!. I want to try and be more DYI though!. We're doing everything we can to cut cost when it comes to the venue, we changed the dates to a more off-season time, changed the day and time to make it cheaper. Seems like 10k is impossible here!
  • That GalThat Gal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brentwood Country club has ENTIRE packages for around 10 k.  I also think Thatched Cottage in centerport has them too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Dana930Dana930 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Vina di Villa in. Medford on rte 112. Food is great and they are reasonably priced.
  • Dana930Dana930 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Vina Di Villa on rte 112 in Medford. They are reasonably priced and food is great.
  • VBaxter13VBaxter13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While my brother won't give me the exact numbers, he claimed he took care of all his wedding needs for under $8,000. He and his now wife used an online website to search for all of the services: catering, transportation, photography etc. They sorted through a lot of great, and fairly inexpensive, catering halls on Long Island before settling on the one they liked best.
  • GLENNSEASEGLENNSEASE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

google li weddings it will help im getting married in westbury for under12k also plainview marriot has a complete package for 11k good luck

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards