Chit Chat
Options

Swanluv

In case you have not heard about Swanluv, it was marketed as a lending company that will give a couple a sum of up to $10,000 for their dream wedding that only has to be repaid if the couple gets divorced. It finally launched this week, and I popped over there to take a look and see how things were working, and apparently due to the overwhelming amount of people that pre-registered they had to change their platform to a crowd-funding site instead.

Essentially they promised all these people that they would be eligible for up to $10,000, and then made it a glorified wedding GoFundMe site instead. People are pisssssseeeddd. I'll admit, I was curious to the idea too.

May this be a lesson. Plan the wedding you can afford. Do not count on ANY amount of money until the check clears.

I feel bad for the people that were seriously banking on that money.

Re: Swanluv

• Options
    In case you have not heard about Swanluv, it was marketed as a lending company that will give a couple a sum of up to $10,000 for their dream wedding that only has to be repaid if the couple gets divorced. It finally launched this week, and I popped over there to take a look and see how things were working, and apparently due to the overwhelming amount of people that pre-registered they had to change their platform to a crowd-funding site instead.

Essentially they promised all these people that they would be eligible for up to $10,000, and then made it a glorified wedding GoFundMe site instead. People are pisssssseeeddd. I'll admit, I was curious to the idea too.

May this be a lesson. Plan the wedding you can afford. Do not count on ANY amount of money until the check clears.

I feel bad for the people that were seriously banking on that money.
    I don't feel bad for them at all. It is your job to pay for your own wedding, no one else's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards