Wedding Invitations & Paper

Private destination wedding, but want to announce with a celebration a month later?

Ray and I would like to throw a celebration after our marriage(that occurs Oct. 20, 2016).  We want to announce or private wedding location/date, and let them know that we will celebrate upon or return.  How do we word this on a customized post card?

Re: Private destination wedding, but want to announce with a celebration a month later?

• I think you are technically suppose to have two separate things. One would be the announcement:
    Bride and Groom
    announce their marriage
    on October 16, 2016
    Location.

The celebration would be worded like a party invitation (which it is) not a wedding reception.

Bride and Groom
    cordially invite you to a celebration of their marriage
    Date
  • edited February 2016
    Technically, the marriage announcement and the party invitations are two separate things and should be treated as such. But I like to bend the rules a bit. 
    So how does this sound:

Bride and Groom 
    were married in a private ceremony
    Date
    City, State

You are invited to a celebration of their marriage 
    Date
    Time
    venue

You must
    1. be clear that you are married. You wouldn't want the invitees to mistake an announcement for an invitation. 
    2. the announcements and party invitations can't be mailed out before the marriage takes place. You may mail them immediately after the ceremony.

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    Please do not use postcards to announce your marriage.  Way too informal!  This can only be sent AFTER your wedding ceremony.

Marriage announcement:

Bride's Full Name
    and
    Groom's Full Name
    announce their marriage
    Date
    City, State
    -------------------
    Party invitation. mailed separately.

The pleasure of your company is requested
    to celebrate the recent marriage of
    Bride's Full Name