Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Lipstick suggestions?

Hello! I'm trying to figure out my wedding day makeup. I have plenty of time before the wedding, but I just wanna try to iron out details ahead of time (especially since I'm about to start making wedding toppers that are gonna be in the likeness of me and my fiance).

I'm pretty much comfortable with any color, but right now I am stumped on what would go best with the shade of my dress. As you can see below, it's not traditional white, but it's still somewhat light in color. Not sure if bright red would clash? Maybe a dark berry? Help? :smile: 

Also, I'm cool with any price point from Maybelline to Marc Jacobs. Fun lipstick is something I will shell out for even though I'm having a budget wedding. 

I know I'm probably obsessing too much over a small detail, I just wanna make a good decision since makeup is so important in photos.

The dress:

Recent pic of me so you have an idea of my skin tone:

"But feeeemales are strong as hell~"

Re: Lipstick suggestions?

• Options
    Your coloring is similar to mine. I think a brick or true red would look good, or if you want something lighter, a peachy or coral pink.
  • Options
    I don't think red would look so great with the lavender dress.  What color do you have on in the pic above?  It looks a little filtered, so not sure it's the same in normal lighting, but generally a dark rose, and I think something like that would work great.  I would go with something dark, mostly pink with a little blue in the undertones.  For long lasting, my current fav is Sephora's cream lip stain.
  • Options
    I'm all about mac retro matte - stays on all day and because of the matte texture (takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do its fine) it looks a bit cooler than usual lipstick which I find makes me feel too 'done' if you KWIM. I think you can still do a red lip if you want to. I'm a red lip girl every damn day - it's all about the right shade of red for colouring / outfit. Buuut, definitely agree with @KatCtoKatA about a rose shade. Get yourself down to a mac counter, stat!

• Options
    I did Stila liquid lipstick in Fiery which is pretty bright, I have similar coloring to yours and I put a picture in here so you can see how it worked with the dress and everything. It also stayed on all night through eating and everything, I never had to touch it up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you all for your wonderful advice!

I'm gonna check out the Stila and get myself to a MAC counter to try out the retro mattes and also check out a dark rose shade as per all of ya'lls advice (good excuse to go play in make up, lol)

Also, @lovemesomemonster, you look so beautiful! Gorgeous!
    "But feeeemales are strong as hell~"
  • Options
    @VanessaCharlotteyour lips are AMAZING and I think you should for sure use them! I love the color you have on in the picture you posted!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    @lovemesomemonster, that is a fantastic color on you, and you look radiant in that picture!
  • Options
    @lovemesomemonster, that is a fantastic color on you, and you look radiant in that picture!

Thank you, I understand the struggle of the OP, it makes you nervous going bold but I think it would look amazing on her as well.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nothing else to add, but wanted to say thanks.  I wear lipstick once in the morning, and it's gone usually by the time I get to work and have one sip of coffee.  It just doesn't stay on!  But thanks to this post I'll look into stila or mac!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards