Not Engaged Yet

Monday again

Good morning! How was your weekend? 

On Friday, H and I went to our favorite restaurant in our old city (also where I work) and then went to see Hall & Oates. The show was fun! We got home late and immediately passed out. 

Saturday I did a whole lot of nothing. I caught up on some shows and waited for H to get home. We went to see The Witch (did not like) and I had a bad stomach issue which was unpleasant. 

Yesterday, H and I ran some errands then cleaned up the house and finally took down our Christmas lights. I watched TWD last night (ZOMG. I CAN'T EVEN.) and went to bed right after. 

Tonight I have to pick up a cake for my CW whose last day is Wednesday and then she's out on maternity leave for 6 months. The place is right by Trader Joe's so I'm making a pitstop there for some goodies. And then I need to watch Downton Abbey when I get home!

I hope this week FLIES by because I have fun weekend planned with my ladies coming up! 

Re: Monday again

• @Swazzle sounds like you had a nice weekend minus those stomach issues! Is The Witch a scary movie?
  • @southernpeach89 - I saw the video of Callie's belly laughs and couldn't stop smiling! She is so precious! The Witch is supposed to be a scary movie. I was very disappointed. 

• @southernpeach89 - Callie is so pretty!  Those eyes!!!
  • @caseface5 OMG sounds like you had a crazy busy weekend! Also those pups are too cute! I want to kiss their faces!
  • @southernpeach89 - Yay for a tax return!!!  And Callie is so cute!!  I love the messy face pictures.  <3
  • @southernpeach89 omg Callie is so cute, especially covered in food haha
    @swazzle what's your fun weekend plan?

This weekend was a whole lot of nothing.  I was stranded at the house all weekend since my car was at the shop, and still is there.  Since I had nothing else to do I did a lot of cleaning and organizing. Nothing really exciting today either.
  • @CocoBellaF I'm sorry you're still on restrictions...I hope the placenta moves out of the way soon. Congrats though on a healthy anatomy scan! 

@jenna8984 I definitely want an egg, cheese, and avocado bagel now! That sounds delicious!
  • edited February 2016
    @Swazzle - I LOOOOOOVE Nothing Bundt Cakes!!!!  YUM!!!!
  • @swazzle we have a Nothing Bundt Cakes here too! They are delicious! Sometimes DH and I will get one of their mini bundt cakes and have it for dessert lol. So good!
  • @Swazzle - It's not too much different than what I would normally wear, say, to work.  The key is that I need to be covered to below my knees and elbows. It isn't exactly illegal for me to show a little more skin, but it would subject me to a lot of unwanted attention.  In a place like Dubai, which is highly westernized and has a huge expat community, it isn't as important as it would be if I were traveling, in, say, Egypt or Libya or Jordan (or any of those other super-dangerous countries I want to see but won't get to for a long time).  Plus, from what I've read and what BF has told me, women in the Middle East tend to dress up a little more than we do here.  I'm packing mostly maxi skirts and 3/4-sleeved tops, plus leggings and long tunics for my plane rides.  And I'll always have a scarf with me in case I need to cover my head for any reason (whether it's required, like if I visit a mosque, or if it makes me feel more comfortable, like if I'm in a souk [Arab marketplace] and many of the other women are in hijab).
  • @futuremrshistorian Your hair looks amazing! Hope the next 2 days fly by for you, and can't wait to see the Dubai pics when you get back!!

@southernpeach89 Aaaaaw she really is gorgeous! And yes, you need to make a breakfast sandwich, it's my new addiction!

@cocobellaf Ugh sorry you are still on pelvic rest, that must be so annoying. So is Kennedy definitely the name? Very cute.

@caseface5 Yay new couches, look great!

@swazzle omg he didn't warn you he was doing it?! That's hilarious! H did the same thing, way back when we first got together, he knew I loved the beard so he showed up one day for a date with his head bic-ed and completely clean shaven. I was like why the fuck would you do that?! And he was like "I wanted to see if you would still like me?" Obviously I did, but he's neven done that since lol.

• @labro LOL he left us alone while I was feeding her but after I took her out of her high chair, he came over and inspected the area for anything that may have gotten on the floor.
  • @beachyone15 That story about your grandma is sweet. It's so bittersweet when stuff like that happens because you don't want to feel sad, but I like it when whatever it is brings back memories of my grandma.

• @futuremrshistorian - Ohhhh ok so that's not too different at all! Very cool! I hope you have an amazing time!

@jenna8984 - Omg LOL! Luckily, I only had to deal with it for the day. When he got home from work on Saturday, he buzzed it to match the rest of his face. 

@labro - I cannot handle her eyelashes. They are perfection! cc: @southernpeach89

@beachyone15 - And now my mouth is drooling! I actually found some cookie butter at home that I didn't even realize I still had. That's really sweet about your Nana! I did NOT see that coming on TWD. At all. 

• @labro - Thanks!  I got keratin-fusion extensions.  They should last anywhere from 3-6 months, depending on how I take care of them.

@beachyone15 - It's basically all the same--wash and dry like normal, run the straightener over it.  The only things that are really different is what I do with it when I sleep (wrap it around my head, secure with bobby pins, and put on a satin sleep cap or sleep on a satin pillowcase).  I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it while I work out...I don't like it in a braid when I do yoga because it swings in my face, so I'm going to try a bun this afternoon.  Also...I am super jealous of your Indiana Jones symphony business!
  • @cu97tiger - Wishing you guys all the luck!!!  Hope you can fit in a March/April timing.  :)
  • PSA for my fellow WWers: My aunt was told by someone at WW to mix 1 of the WW maple and brown sugar instant oatmeal cups with 3 egg whites and cook in a pan like pancakes (makes 2). She did this last night and said they are SO GOOD and because of the maple flavor, you don't even need syrup. I'm going to pick some up this week to try out myself but figured I'd pass along the info! 

It's 4 SPs for the 2 "pancakes" and I was thinking of adding 3 slices of center-cut bacon for another 2 SPs. What a yummy 6 SP breakfast! 

• @Swazzle I think those lashes came from DH...because mine are not that long lol.

@cu97tiger Aw thank you! She is growing so quickly. It's a lot of fun. If you need any recipes for some paleo stuff, let me know. DH has a cookbook of paleo stuff and I've made a couple soups that were pretty good.
  • @swazzle - Better late than never on the Christmas lights. Sometime within the last few weeks I saw one of our neighbors still had a tree lit up in their window. ETA: Those cakes look amazing!!

@southernpeach89 - Ugh sorry you had a no-sleep weekend! How do you function on literally no sleep? Also those pics are adorable! Callie has the most beautiful and bright eyes!

@futuremrshistorian - I hate when I try a new nail place and am disappointed! So frustrating. Are they fixing your nails for free? Also I have so many questions about the extensions. How are they attached? How long will they last? Can you wash and brush your hair normally with them? Were they expensive?

@caseface5 - The couch looks awesome! I'm so jealous you live so close to work. I'm only 7 miles but between traffic or the T, its more like 45-60 minutes door to door. Also I'm not sure if buying the K is BSC. I think as long as you don't hang it it's fine. Speaking of BSC, my cousin signed her wedding card to me with her fiance's last name....even though they aren't getting married until October. And the address label on their STDs says Mr and Mrs. Fiance's Last Name. Major eye-roll.

@jenna8984 - What is this show you speak of?

@cocobellaf - I'm sorry you're still under restriction :( but baby Kennedy looks so cute! And I love that name! Were you able to keep most of the food down this weekend?

@speakeasy14 - Any update on the car? Good for you being productive with your weekend. I was home all weekend too and literally did nothing productive except order new running shoes.

I had the most boring, lonely weekend. Friday night one of my friend asked me over for wine so I went there. H joined us after work and we all ordered Chinese and watched People vs. OJ. That was the extent of my social interaction for the weekend. Saturday morning I drove H to work and then sat on the couch all day. I manage to do a few errands Saturday afternoon. H was home for about an hour Saturday night and then out again. Yesterday he was at work until about 6 and I had no car so I was stuck at home. I went for a run (it was GORGEOUS outside and about 60 degrees warmer than last Sunday) and bought new running shoes online. I had invited a friend over for brunch on Sunday but she didn't come and I was kind of bummed about it. I don't mind that she didn't come, but she never even really acknowledged the invitation. It was odd.

Oh so question for the group...my cousin is getting marred in October. She sent STDs to my parents and sister, but I didn't get one. I'm wondering if she sent it to our old address. We had our mail forwarded bu I think that only lasts 60 days and we moved in November so it would have expired by now. Is it rude to tell her we never got it and just want to confirm she has the right address? I don't want her to send an invite there and us never get it.

• @jenjen047 If the mail forwarding expired then it probably means the STD is getting routed back to your cousin and she'll realize she has a wrong address (it just takes awhile for that to happen sometimes). I don't know....it just comes across as fishing to me even though you're probably invited since the rest of your family is.

@cu97tiger All the vibes for this new protocol!! <3

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards