New York-Long Island

Wedding Colors HELP!

Hello LI Knotties! I am getting married at the Cresthollow Country Club in August 2012 and Im so confused as to what colors to choose for my wedding. I think that because of the cocktail hour area's "South Beach" vibe I would like to stick with warmer colors. My bridesmaids are all shades from pale to dark. I really need help with a color scheme so if anyone could give me advice that has been there that would be great. Thanks! ;)

Re: Wedding Colors HELP!

• edited December 2011

Mine is Aug 2011 too - I'm doing Tiffany Blue with hot pink, bright yellow, bright orange, and ivory flowers. I was thinking about having my brides maids in a coral color since it is very pretty on all skin tones..

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Hot pink and bright orange seem to be a trendy color scheme right now.  I also think they happen to be nice colors for August.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • aladino24aladino24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I definitely think Coral is flattering on all shades!

The hot pink/orange is definitely trendy right now. Instead of hot pink Im thinking of going more toward fuschia. This is so crazy because I thought this would be the easiest part!
  • edited December 2011
    yea i am doin raspberry and orange..it is trendy
    but soutch beach is more white/blue and some touch of babypink or lime green
  • edited December 2011
    It's no harm if the girls' dresses don't match perfectly.  You can pick a color family and run with it, like if you pick pink, the girls can wear the shade of pink that looks best for their exact skin tone.  It adds a little variety, and lets each of the girls look their best.  Since they aren't all pale, blond-haired, blue-eyed, there's no reason their dresses have to try to make them look exactly the same when they don't.  Let them shine a little!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards