Wedding Woes
Options

Tuesday

Since I have to be up early today (7am CST global conference call) I'll start. 

I ran Wolverine to school before my call and my tire pressure light popped on again. It's pouring this morning, so I got soaked doing a quick runaround to look at the tires. The one that was super low yesterday didn't look too bad, so maybe it's the ~15 degree temp drop from yesterday, and i just hadn't inflated enough. I'm going to try and hold out this week if I can. My car is due for an oil change, so I can have them  check the tires during the rotation. I know how to change a tire and have AAA in case of a worst case scenario, but hopefully won't need it. 

Otherwise it's business as usual. Need to spend some time cleaning tonight since the bug guys come for their quarterly visit, tomorrow. (I insisted on this when we moved to TX. I know gigantic flying roaches are a reality, so I make sure anything that even considers coming in the house or garage will die.)

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    It's been in the 50's the last few days (and was really nice over the weekend). We're supposed to get snow tonight. And then it's going back to the 40's and 50's.  This winter has been an odd one. 

I'm ready for spring so I can stop the bloody noses.  I've gotten so many this winter.  Also, I cannot wait to open windows and air the house out. 

I may be able to ditch my kids this weekend.  w00t.  Alone time has been hard to come by lately. 
  • Options
    also, i have to get Botox today and follow up with my neuro on further PT and allergy stuff. 60 shots in the head - hooray!
  • Options
    It's been in the 50's the last few days (and was really nice over the weekend). We're supposed to get snow tonight. And then it's going back to the 40's and 50's.  This winter has been an odd one. 

I'm ready for spring so I can stop the bloody noses.  I've gotten so many this winter.  Also, I cannot wait to open windows and air the house out. 

I may be able to ditch my kids this weekend.  w00t.  Alone time has been hard to come by lately. 
    So much this.  It was warm enough to open the windows for a few hours on Sunday, and it was heavenly.

Left early so Mr. Heff and I could meet with a landscaper yesterday, and then he bailed 30 minutes before because it was raining.  By which time I had already picked up the kids.  So on the plus side, got some bonus time at home last night. 

It is still raining.  Blah.
  • Options
    Walking to the bus stop I was thinking "I'm ready for spring". I'm picking up a pair of swim trunks for 6let today. I also ordered myself a pair of sandals and 2 sundresses  

I host bunco next weekend. I ordered cards against humanity in case we get bored. We've yet to play bunco. 
  • Options
    Today is work and laundry.  Yuck.

I'm getting a haircut tomorrow and it is long overdue.  My curls just don't look nice anymore.

I am also ready for spring.  Hell, I just want it to be nice enough to wear flats with jeans, instead of boots all the damn time.
  • Options
    I'm still waiting for my car.  Apparently Something is Wrong and when they're trying to program the key, there's a failure of some sort.  They've had it since Thursday.  It's been a comedy of errors at this point: the parts truck broke down, then their computers went down, etc.  I just want it to be a cheap damn fix.

I'm tired today.  I think I almost slept too well last night and my body didn't want to give it up.
  • Options
    Botox for the head is still in the discussion for me in the future--but being unemployed has been good for migraines (except I forgot meds monday night, which means I'm primed for one through tomorrow)

I hate the stupid pressure lights w/ the bipolar temps here.

I went to donate blood yesterday and found out they'd scheudled me before I'm allowed to go.  So I came home and did laundry instead. whee :0P
  • Options
    I slept horribly last night.  I think I got a total of maybe 2 hours sleep, broken up into max. 15 minutes at a time. And after looking at our budget over the weekend, I'm stressed out over money, which was a big factor in last nights sleep deprivation, and it's starting to give me anxiety issues. Well, I'm more stressed about DH's reaction than the money itself. He figures that we could die tomorrow, so we should enjoy all the money while we can.  I hate seeing our bank account drop to zero each month and would rather save for big things, like a house, vacations, and retirement. And I'd like to have some savings for if we lose our jobs (we've been through that where we were both laid off at same time) or emergency happens. We've typically been on the same page with money in the past, but I think both our views on money changed in opposite directions over the past year or so.  I'm guessing it's about the time DH started working more. A year ago, he was all about saving money, but now I think he feels that he works really hard, so he should be able to enjoy his money. And I've moved farther into the savings scale, where I'd be fine with cancelling our cable and cutting everything for a while to build up savings. So, now I'm stressing over how to resolve this and he'd rather ignore it altogether. He keeps saying that he doesn't want to be involved in the budgets and finances, but he doesn't want to cut back his spending either. I told him this weekend we NEED to sit down and figure out a budget TOGETHER.  I don't want to dictate to him how to spend money, but we need to figure it out as a team and come up with a compromise. 

So, today I feel like a total wreck... I'm exhausted, my chest feels like there is an elephant sitting on it from anxiety, I'm cranky, and I just want to curl up in bed and disappear. My throat is starting to get scratchy, so I'm really hoping I'm not starting to get the cough that's going around. And my business partner is out of town, so I'm stuck handling his work and mine today, which sucks. Sorry that this turned into more of a rant.

• Options
    @princessleia22 I hate FH not being on the same page financially. It is very frustrating when you (general) are scraping pennies for a rainy day or emergency and s/he is ordering from amazon like it is free. I hope your talk is constructive and stress reducing. I know that FH and I both go through periods of time where we would rather chew off our own arms rather than "talk" but we generally feel better afterwards.

Maybe a hot toddy would help.
  • Options
    ThxSugar said:
    @princessleia22 I hate FH not being on the same page financially. It is very frustrating when you (general) are scraping pennies for a rainy day or emergency and s/he is ordering from amazon like it is free. I hope your talk is constructive and stress reducing. I know that FH and I both go through periods of time where we would rather chew off our own arms rather than "talk" but we generally feel better afterwards.

Maybe a hot toddy would help.
    I think part of the problem is that we normally can talk about things just fine, so it stresses me out that this time seems to be more difficult.  We've been together 7 years and have never really argued over anything.  Usually we are on the same page with things and can agree on things easily. We've had shared finances for about 5 years, have been through bad financial times and good financial times, and were always able to agree on things.  But, right now he's frustrated with working so much and going to school and feels like he should be rewarded for it by spending money.  I think he'd get more enjoyment out of saving to take a vacation every now and then instead blowing the money on dinner out or a new $30 t-shirt. Or to save so we can retire at some point and not have to work so hard forever. I'm confident we will work it out.  We are both stressed out after work during the week, and tonight he has class until 9pm anyway, so I know it's best to wait until weekend to really discuss it.  I just have to try not to over stress about it until then.

• Options
    Ugh, @princessleia22 seeing a bank account at zero would cause some serious stress for me! And definitely sleeplessness. I get that if you work hard you want to be able to spend money on things you enjoy, but I'd have a hard time getting around the "if we die tomorrow" logic as a reason for not saving. I definitely think your instinct about not bringing it up during the week when he's super busy is a good idea, but I'd have a really hard time not stressing about it until then. Good luck. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards