Not Engaged Yet

Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

• Swazzle said:
    Good morning and happy not-Monday. 

I went to Trader Joe's last night and spent too much money and I don't even feel bad about it. I fucking love that place. PS Cookie butter ice cream is no joke. 

I made a HC meal (Maple-Miso Glazed Salmon!) for dinner and watched Shameless with H and then Downton Abbey and I'm SO SAD there's only 1 episode left ever. I'm going to cry so much more than usual

I have a hockey game tonight and I don't really feel like going but I have no choice. I just want to go home and get in my jams and on the couch and watch the Bachelor from last night PLL with @GoldenPenguin. IS THAT SO MUCH TO ASK. 
    FTFY

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @swazzle I've tried the frozen version and it is way better than the masala sauce they sell. I love the chana masala in the freezer. I usually have that for lunch with rice or naan. We always pick up the chocolate covered bananas by the ice cream- so delicious. AND fancy cheese! My fav is the English cheddar with caramelized onions. So good on a grilled cheese. I think HC won't deliver east of CT for some reason. I will admit I played with a few zip codes around me and none of them worked. Sad face. 

Today is going slower than anticipated. I just want to get out of here, but sadly there's 5 more hours of the day.

• @500days That sucks that HC won't deliver to you! We had no problem getting them and while we're technically in metro Atlanta...it's on the far reaches.

• @labro the first one had an actual lesson plan book that outlined like "Monday- dogs, Tuesday- cats, Wednesday- seasons". We both really liked that. The second one they teach all the similar things and do lots of seasonal crafts, but didn't have a formal book or plan. She said they recite the pledge of allegiance each morning- which is downright adorable for a bunch of  under 4 year olds!

The second one also has a pool in the backyard (with 3 security gates and locks). They will take your kid in one at a time with floaties and kind of teach them how to swim (with your permission- you can say no). I think that is pretty sweet though, since we live on a pond it would be nice for them to learn really young. All the other procedures were the same.

• @swazzle ugh I wish there was a TJ's closer to me, I want everything you bought.

@minskat30 hide the scale.  You're going to gain weight rapidly.  But you're also eating healthy and working out that you'll lose that baby weight quickly.  You need to focus on baby and not stressing out over a number! P.S. You're beautiful and perfect and I can't wait to hug you!

@jenna8984 ugh I hope you find a daycare soon.  My old roommate grew up in Newton and they had a nanny that came to their house.  I don't think she works anymore, but I can check and possibly get her number for you if that's close.

@goldenpenguin whatevs we'll watch pll once again without @Swazzle

Sitting in my weekly meeting and trying so hard to focus.... they just ramble on and on and on....

Still no car.  Mechanic called at 11 last night and said it's a lot worse then he thought... I may be buying a new car sooner than I thought.   I did my taxes yesterday, ended up owing $78.  I was really hoping I'd get the school credit so I could get a car with tax money, but nope. My sister is picking me up from work so we can have PLL night. 

• @jenna8984 Obviously just my personal opinion here but I like the first one! The pool at the second one is cool....but that's something I'd prefer to do WITH my child you know?

@CocoBellaF I can't believe you haven't registered yet!! Go pick out all the things!

• @cocobellaf That's so sweet of them!

@speakeasy14 Thanks for the offer but Newton is over an hour from me so I'm sure even if they were still working it wouldn't be an option. That really sucks about your car and your lack of tax return.

@labro Yea I was thinking the same thing, I'm already going to be missing out on so much while I work full time, that it would be nice to do stuff like swimming lessons together on weekends. I also really liked the structured lesson plan!

• @minskat30 I think you're beautiful, and as long as you and Ani are healthy, you have nothing to worry about.
    @jenna8984 Good luck with the day care search! That's great that you have 2 solid options. 
    @500days That sucks that HC won't deliver to you! How strange! 
    @cu97tiger Your food sounds so good! That salmon sounds NOMS! I may have to make that this week.
    @TwoDimes YAY you're back! TK isn't the same without you. I'm sorry about your car-- how frustrating! I'm glad your H picked you up, got you food, and fixed your car. He's definitely a keeper! I hope today is much better for you.
    @Swazzle The last episode of DA is really good. It definitely goes out on a high note, so you won't be left going, "WTF?!" once it's over. 
    @labro I hope the floor estimates go well! 
    @southernpeach89 I'm the same way with the caffeine IV. I stayed up until 12:30 last night, and I'm paying for it dearly today. :( 
    @CocoBellaF Yay for no nausea last night! 
    ---------------------
    It's raining like crazy here, which means everyone forgot how to drive. It took forever to get to work today. My boss, who lives like an hour away, gave up and went back home because traffic was so bad. I wish I lived far enough from the office to do that!

Yesterday was really productive... surprisingly so. I got a lot of stuff done at work, and then I hit the gym, did some laundry, prepped dinner, and worked on a sewing project. I'm really proud of myself with the sewing project. I accomplished a lot of firsts on my own without FTing @audrewuh for help. Hopefully I'll finish it tonight. 

It's supposed to rain all day today. Why couldn't it have done this tomorrow when I'm able to stay home in my PJs? Boo.

Re: Food Delivery services-- I've only tried Blue Apron and Home Chef, but I thought Home Chef was fantastic. The packaging was better, the recipes were better, and the prep was easier. If money weren't as tight as it is, I'd do HC again in a heartbeat. 

• @speakeasy14 Owing sucks but you came sooooo close to not having to pay anything at all! So you nearly got all your money over the course of the year even though it didn't come in a big refund. My goal is to end up net zero when it comes to tax filing time but it will take some work.

• @speakeasy14 - So sorry about your car. :( Fingers crossed you have a working car soon!
  • @speakeasy14 UGH that is so frustrating about your car!

• @eilis1228 - NO SPOILERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I know you didn't give actual details away but I hate hearing anything! Wahhhhhhhhhh

• OH! I've been totally MIA except for a few comments here & there, but I have to be an AW for a sec... I got a new band & want to show off my bling, because... obviously. 

Quoting for more sparkles! LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @Swazzle No, of course not! Definitely no spoilers. I was only saying that it won't be like the HIMYM series finale where afterwards you regret ever watching the show! Also, I failed you with TWD. H and I still haven't watched the last 2 episodes. :( 

@GoldenPenguin I LOVE YOUR RINGS! They are absolutely gorgeous. Wow.

• @goldenpenguin - LOVE <3
    @eilis1228 - Here is the pin for the salmon we made last night. SO EASY.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @cu97tiger Thank you! Definitely making that this week! 

• @eilis1228 NO MORE ABOUT DA PLEASE! I'm behind a few episodes and I don't want to read anything about the ending unless you're hiding it behind a spoiler alert or something!

• @GoldenPenguin - MY EYES ARE BLINDED BY THE LIGHT AND THE BEAUTY!

• wink0erinwink0erin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    Whenever I finally have time to come here it's always already page 2 or 3 and takes me forever to catch up. Wahhh!

@minskat30 Raj looks so fluffy! I want to hug him. 
    @Swazzle There's cookie butter ice cream? I need that. I wish I had a trader joes within an hour's drive. Closest one is 3 hours away :(
    @jenna8984 Good luck with picking a daycare! I'd probably lean toward the location closer to home. Is the other one 18 minutes out-of-the-way round trip or one way? 
    @TwoDimes Welcome back! That stinks about the car but I'm glad it's fixed! Cab service sucks in my town too, except I live in one of the largest cities in my state. 
    @speakeasy14 I don't get the education credits but tuition and fees can be deducted. Make sure to look into that, I know several who paid for school and didn't get the break they should have because they overlooked that deduction. 

Last night I finally got my car inspected, 4 months late. Whoops. I can't help it that by the time I leave work everywhere is closed and there's no way in hell I'm taking my car to the one place within walking distance of work (where you have to get there at 7am for drop off, they probably won't even look at your vehicle, and they price gouge for everything).  Took my car to the place by my old apartment instead, got there at the last possible time for them to do inspection before closing (they stop 45 min before close), and it took a whopping 15 minutes for inspection AND an oil change. I love that place. 

After that I went to JoAnn's to buy fabric. I haven't been able to find any curtains that I like so I am going to make my own. I'm not exactly the best sewer and I get really impatient when I make things, so this Joann's trip was more to see what is available and get some fabric for my first set of trial curtains (which will go on my side door window to replace the ugly brown ones that came with the house). I actually managed to thread my machine on the first try which has happened exactly 0 times before. So far so good. Although I was hoping that buying fabric and making all of my own curtains would be cheaper, and it kinda seems like that won't be the case even with sales. Grrr!

I ate absolute junk food for dinner last night and I kind of hate myself for it, but at least I plan to make broccoli/cauliflower/chickpea pasta tonight. 

I've been watching Downton Abbey and I absolutely love it. Currently in season 3. I swear one second I am laughing and the next I want to cry. I especially want to cry because I found out not one but TWO huge spoilers by just looking up the name of one actor/actress to see where he/she was from. I was so pissed. Eff you google.

• @goldenpenguin dammit your pic is blocked but I'm sure it's freaking amazing!

@cu97tiger mmmm give me all of that salmon please

@wink0erin the out of the way is total. I will be dropping off on my way to work and it's like an extra 10 minutes on my commute (not including actual time going inside). Then H will be picking up when he gets out and it's an extra 18-20 minutes on his commute. Think that's making me lean towards the first since rush hour and snow storms will only make that worse! The 1st is literally on our way/ we both pass it.

• @wink0erin - Wow I'm very impressed that you can sew well enough to make curtains! That is so cool! I can't wait to see pics when they are all done.

@goldenpenguin - BRB, drooling. Your rings are gorgeous! Was there a special occasion for the new one or just a treat?
  • @wink0erin LOL I did the same thing when looking up DA actors during the early seasons. That's so funny! Also, I feel you on the sewing machine issues. I spent a good 20 minutes trying to change out my sewing foot last night. It was ridiculous. How did the trial run go with the curtains? You should post pics! Also, @audrewuh taught me to look on Etsy for nice fabric at discounted rates. It's still $$$, but it definitely helps. 

• @wink0erin I had everything, tuition, textbooks, student loan interest - I was purposely waiting for the tuition form to do my taxes for that reason. No idea how someone could miss that. With that credit it brought down what I owe to $78.  If I didn't have any tuition this year I probably would have broke even, but my company paid my tuition so my income was higher than what I gave in taxes.

re car - thanks everyone, hopefully I can find something fast. 

@jenna8984 that's what I thought, but figured I'd throw it out there. I'd go with the first option.

@goldenpenguin

• jenjen047 said:
    @wink0erin - Wow I'm very impressed that you can sew well enough to make curtains! That is so cool! I can't wait to see pics when they are all done.

@goldenpenguin - BRB, drooling. Your rings are gorgeous! Was there a special occasion for the new one or just a treat?
    My wedding band (moissanite) was scratching the bottom of my engagement stone (morganite) so the second band is a spacer to keep the stones from touching/rubbing. They soldered the new band to the engagement ring so they don't spin. 

And for a little early one-year present :) I told H he doesn't have to buy me jewelry for at least five years. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @speakeasy14 That sucks! Taxes are stupid.
    @eilis1228 Once I'm finished with the door curtains I will AW them, even if they suck! I was just going to do simple ones but decided to line them kind of as a test to see if that's something I can do. I found how-to instructions on pinterest and have been loosely following those. 

@minskat30 I just saw an article on the HGTV Facebook page titled "reasons to love retro pink-tiled bathrooms" HAH! It made me think about your bathroom reno. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards