Not Engaged Yet
Options

Hump Dayyyy

Re: Hump Dayyyy

• Options
     @twodimes I like that idea! 
  • Options
    Does anyone have King Soopers grocery store near them? I went to one in Denver ( @bethsmiles) when I was visiting my friend and it was amazing. The bakery hands out extra cookies and cupcakes to kids. I mean really, it's just a plate sitting out so any adult could take one too. Then we're walking around and the floral girl says they have all these leftover flowers if we want any, so we made like 3 arrangements! My friend said they do it almost daily!

• Options
    @speakeasy14 Those flowers are gorgeous! 
    H has given me flowers in the past on special occasions- anniversary, birthday, Vday, etc but not all the time. Or he'll get me chocolate covered strawberries- he knows I enjoy getting food more lol. Flowers are SO expensive so I'd rather him not get them all the time. And like @Swazzle said my cat tries to eat them 

@minskat30 Sucky maternity leave and the cost of daycare is what worries me most about having a kid right now. At my company we're supposed to put in for FMLA as soon as we know we're pregnant (um, I'll be waiting until I'm comfortable letting people at work know) so that if we have doctor's visits, etc during work time we're protected. So we get 12 weeks under FMLA from the time we apply for it until we come back completely. We have to use ALL vaca and then ALL sick time first. Then if you run out you just don't get paid. I think that's how it works for a lot of people. It pisses me off that you have to use all that time you earned to take vacation and sick days just because you decided to start a family. And then you have to earn all your time back! My company doesn't offer short term disabilty so I'm going to look into getting it on my own so if I run out of vaca/sick time at least I can get like 60% of my pay through that. 

• Options
    BF has bought me flowers once, as a "welcome to the neighborhood" gift when I moved into my house. It was very sweet and completely unexpected. I talked about them nonstop, so hopefully the positive reinforcement got it stuck in his head that I want flowers. 

@twodimes I agree on hating apology flowers. My ex used to give me apology flowers any time we had an argument and I resented it. I would rather he actually apologize for being a jerk and make strides to fix whatever is wrong, but instead he would try to cover up his douchbaggery with gifts. 

Every now and then I will buy cut flowers at the grocery store and shove them in a vase at home. Always perks the place up!

• Options
    I'm in for Secret Flower Exchange!!

@audrewuh - YAY CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I finally got to talk to my doctor today about my ultrasound from last week.  Not what I wanted to hear.  I am one spotting/bleeding incident away from bed rest.  The placenta hasn't moved at all, so I'm under "almost bed rest" restrictions for another 10 weeks.  TEN WEEKS.  Only walk as much as I need to (bathroom, etc.) and can't carry anything heavier than my purse.  Feet elevated the majority of the time.  If I have any spotting or questionable incidents before our trip, I can't go... and we have to really take it easy while we're there (mainly ride around on the trolley and stuff like that).  I'm having a major pity party right now.  I really thought that she would clear me to do treadmill for 15 minutes 3x a week or something, but instead it's "you're lucky you're not on bed rest lady".  WAH WAH WAH.  I know it could be worse, but still.

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    @twodimes I still have the address list so I can coordinate again

@labro good point

Who would like to participate in a Secret Delivery (flowers, booze, chocolate, books, etc.)?
  • Options
    @cocobellaf Oh man that sucks so bad. I'm sorry this has been a very rough pregnancy for you. Definitely listen to your doctor- I've had a lot of friends with babies under 32 weeks and anything you can do to prevent that is obviously the best choice! One friend was on hospital bed rest, not even allowed to walk down the hospital hallway and they were able to keep the baby in 4 weeks longer.

• Options
    @CocoBellaF omg, my heart hurts for you! I just wish you'd have something easy with this pregnancy!  I think you need some pampering to cheer yourself up! 
  • Options
    I do realize that it could be so much worse, but I really really really wanted to have a healthy pregnancy.  I bought a bunch of pregnancy work out DVDs by trimester, had all kinds of ideas about meal plans and cooking up stuff to stick in the freezer, and just having a normal pregnancy.  Just getting out some frustration.  I'm not on bed rest at home and I'm not admitted to the hospital and she is letting me go to CA, so that's a lot of good things.  But there goes all my garden work for this weekend.  I hate having to ask H to do all these things for me.
  • Options
    H is a big fan of "just because" flowers because he doesn't want it to be a "I'm in the dog house" kind of thing, like you're talking about @TwoDimes.  He usually does birthdays and a few holidays too, but once in a while he'll just come home with something.  And NEVER EVER I'm sorry flowers.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I'm in!

@CocoBellaF Sending hugs! 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @audrewuh - CONGRATS!!!!!

• Options
    @cocobellaf - I'm so, so, so sorry.  :(  I know this is depressing for you.  On the bright side, baby is healthy and safe and you are doing your best to keep her that way.  That said, vent all you want.  I'm praying for you that you don't go on bedrest though.  I think that would drive even the sanest person mad. 
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I'm in!! Although it kind of depends on the days, I'll be out of town for parts of March!

@audrewuh CONGRATS! I can't sing for shit (unless I'm in the shower or my car). 

@cocobellaf Oh no! I feel so bad for you. It's ok to be frustrated! 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 - I'm also in for secret flower/wine/chocolate delivery.  :)
  • Options
    minskat30 said:
    @speakeasy14 - I'm also in for secret flower/wine/chocolate delivery.  :)
    I loooooooove stuff like this!!!  It's so much fun.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF I'm SO sorry this pregnancy has been so rough for you. Hugs and all the vibes that you get a lot of good things out of bed rest. 

@wink0erin, @TwoDimes, @minskat30, and (again) @CocoBellaF, thank you!! Karaoke may not happen in Chicago. I'm still getting used to singing by myself in front of people!

@speakeasy14 I'm in for secret delivery, if I'm allowed to play! I've been too MIA lately. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    Next you'll be on The Voice, @audrewuh .  Don't forget that you knew us back when!!  ;)
  • Options
    audrewuh said:

@wink0erin, @TwoDimes, @minskat30, and (again) @CocoBellaF, thank you!! Karaoke may not happen in Chicago. I'm still getting used to singing by myself in front of people!

@speakeasy14 I'm in for secret delivery, if I'm allowed to play! I've been too MIA lately. 
    Only if you agree to sing for us in Chicago. :-P
  • Options
    @audrewuh  Congrats!!

@cocobellaF  I'm so so sorry to hear you didn't get good news :( I don't blame you for being upset at all. Vent away

• Options
    Re: Exchanges
    Someone mentioned books. We could all send someone our favorite book on our bookshelf, or one we think that person would like. 

@CocoBellaF Oh no! I'm so sorry! I'm glad that you aren't on actual bed rest yet, and I hope that it stays that way. Sending you tons of vibes!

@audrewuh You are such a baller.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards