Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

White bridesmaids dresses?

The bride is considering bridesmaids wearing white/ivory, my concern is that there's not many formal events we could wear it to again (ie couldn't wear a white dress to other weddings/engagement events, holiday parties). Does anyone have experience with this? Or ideas as to where I can wear a formal white dress? Thanks!

Re: White bridesmaids dresses?

• Options
    MesmrEweMesmrEwe member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    There aren't many formal events that someone can wear a black bridesmaid dress to ever again either, it's the chosen attire for the wedding, choose something they're comfortable wearing that day!  If the dress is yours, you could always purchase the proper dye and dye it after to a different color...
  • Options
    Why couldn't you wear a white or ivory dress to another party?

White generally works very well with summer parties, and could go very well for Christmas (I'm thinking silver or blue jewelry/shoes for that winter wonderland/snowflake feel).

However, if you truly feel uncomfortable in that colour, you could let the bride know this.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I have never been able to wear any of the 5 bridesmaids dresses I've been asked to wear to any other event, despite what the brides all said when they picked them! However I don't see that the colour of any of them was the issue - more the style. Has the bride dictated a particular style or just asked for white dresses? If you and any other BMs have freedom to choose or give input then I don't see any reason a white dress couldn't be reworn anymore than coral or navy, you just need to find the right style. What about something a little less formal (not a gown, maybe cocktail length)?

Eta: formal, not casual

• Options
    Wtf??? Deleted user already? Well, you're fucking welcome for the advice, amyincanada

• Options
    That was one hell of a fast run away.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I guess none of us told her she could wear a white BM dress to the bar?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards