Wedding Party
Options

Non-Traditional Bridesmaids

124»

Re: Non-Traditional Bridesmaids

• Options
    adk19 said:
    I hope she's not a troll.  And I hope that she really did do this.  Because I really, really, really want some of the people who received this letter to pop on over to the Knot forums and complain about this crazy person they know sending them this crazy letter and how are they supposed to take it.  God, I hope this is for real.
    Followed by bingo.
  • Options
    Would it make sense if I revealed it will be a small wedding? Those that will be invited wouldn't mind if I asked them to dress in neutrals or whatever. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. I will be having around 20 people-- at some point we will get a few pictures with everyone in it. I do not think it is rude to explain a dress code. It's worse to not explain it and have people feel left out. 
    To the first:  no, it would not.

To the second, trust me, no one is going to feel left out of having the color of their clothing dictated to them.  People get dressed every day without your guidance, I'm sure they can manage on your wedding day, too.
  • Options
    Would it make sense if I revealed it will be a small wedding? Those that will be invited wouldn't mind if I asked them to dress in neutrals or whatever. I don't think that's an unreasonable request. I will be having around 20 people-- at some point we will get a few pictures with everyone in it. I do not think it is rude to explain a dress code. It's worse to not explain it and have people feel left out. 
    I'm having a super small wedding and I don't give a flying fuck what people wear. I'm also not dictating what my MOH wears either. 

You should only have a dress code if the venue has one or if you are having a proper black or white tie affair.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Left out of what? There is nothing to be left out of.

Your guests will know the style and formality of your wedding based on your invitation. Your invitation likely uses your wedding colours. Your guests can figure out how to dress appropriately.

Unless your wedding is black or white tie, there is no dress code.

Beyond your WP, there is nothing for anyone to match to.
  • Options
    SP29 said:
    Left out of what? There is nothing to be left out of.

Your guests will know the style and formality of your wedding based on your invitation. Your invitation likely uses your wedding colours. Your guests can figure out how to dress appropriately.

Unless your wedding is black or white tie, there is no dress code.

Beyond your WP, there is nothing for anyone to match to.
    Yeah, @Knottie60446931, I don't think your guests are likely as into conformity as much as you seem to think they are.
  • Options

After careful consideration, I, and my Fiancé, John, have decided not to have a traditionally exclusive Bridal Party and instead would be ecstatic include all of our dearest friends in the festivities. I would personally like to ask you if you would be so kind as to honour my wedding day with your presence as one of my Loyal Ladies.

As a Loyal Lady, you are encouraged, but not required to:

Attend showers and bachelorette parties

Get ready with me on my wedding day

Participate in formal wedding pictures

Match your dress to our wedding colours

Offer assistance with the wedding

Sit in the front row with the family

Thoughts?

Your friends will be massively confused because you are expecting this of them without being in an official wedding party. First of all, wedding parties are not expected, at all, to do anything with your wedding. You get one day, and you are responsible for how your day goes, not your "loyal ladies." Do not, do not, do not, send this to them. They will be offended by being told they aren't in the wedding, but expected to help. You can't do that.

Do not send this if you want to keep friendships in tact. 
  • Options
    I actually just sent the letter and I'm getting positive responses. Shows what all of you really know.
    Why are you still here with this trolling?  Yawn. Get a better idea to troll with and come back then.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    MCmeowMCmeow member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    Oh god, I would be so annoyed to receive this letter "Eh you don't even talk to me like this in real life" and "Wtf is a Loyal Lady?"
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards