Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tunes Tuesday!

Re: Tunes Tuesday!

• Options
    labro said:
    @cu97tiger I meant to ask the other day but how is your nephew doing? Also I love Bleeding Love too! How did I forget about that song?

@TwoDimes Good thing we both caught that. ;)
    He's doing much better, thanks! He might have pink eye now, though. Poor kid can't catch a break!

Also, did you catch the mistake in the last question that I corrected? ;) GRAMMAR NAZIS, ALL OF US!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @Swazzle Have fun at the game tonight!

@southernpeach89 I hope Callie feels better and you all get some sleep!

@minskat30 You are beautiful! Check in with your Dr. but don't worry too much just yet.

@untouchablets Happy Early Birthday!

@TwoDimes Re: Your vs You're 

Oops! I was trying to type so quickly so no one beat me that I didn't proof read. @cu97tiger I see you caught one too! 

@CocoBellaF I want "I voted" cake, but I can't vote until after work. Maybe later. Good Luck at your doctor appt!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @eilis1228 The quilt looks beautiful!! Great job!

• Options
    @eilis1228 I LOVE the quilt! I'd love to make one but I'm afraid to tackle that kind of a project. I don't even know where to begin!

Re: College partying songs... "Kiss Me, I'm Shitfaced" by Dropkick Murphys, "Take on Me" by A-Ha, and "Wolf Like Me" by TV on the Radio all bring up fun college memories. The first two were always sung loudly at the bar I went to before I was of legal drinking age, and the last one always played at this hole in the wall bar/club my friends and I would dance at. 

• Options
    @caseface5

New Supt!!!!!
    @Swazzle I'm sorry work is so crazy :( We miss you around here! 
    @CocoBellaF Sounds like you had a productive night with no nausea! YAY! When is your appointment today?
    @jenna8984 I hate how catch Justin Beiber's new songs are. I want to hate them so much because he's such a douche, but they're so damn catchy!
    @southernpeach89 Oh no! Poor Callie! I really hope the antibiotics clear up the infection in the next day or two so that you guys can get some sleep. <3
    @labro I've never heard of that book, but it sounds really interesting. I'll definitely add it to my list of books to read. 
    @minskat30 I cosign everything @labro said. While the weight gain is rapid, as long as your blood pressure is OK, I think you're fine. I hope your OB can give you more insight as to why you're gaining so rapidly right now. I know VERY little about GD, but I don't think it's necessarily associated with weight gain. My cousin's wife has it, and she hasn't gained much weight at all with her pregnancy. The doctor picked up on it due to her extreme nausea that lasted well into her second trimester. It may be one of those things that manifests itself differently with everyone though. Either way, I think you're doing the right thing by bugging your doctor and staying away from the interwebs. I really hope you get some answers soon. <3 
    @jenjen047 That is so frustrating! Sorry you're having so many issues with household stuff. Maybe you guys have a ghost that's really into movies? :-P 

Crap, it's time for a meeting. I'll come back later and finish responding to everyone. 

• Options
    @eilis1228 - 1) Appt is at 1:45 this afternoon.  2) Oh crap, nausea in 2nd tri and GD?  Nooo!!!!
  • Options
    TwoDimes said:
    @goldenpenguin, I miss you when you don't post! Also, I am incredibly jealous/excited for you that you saw Garth. Seeing him live is also a bucket list item of mine. He is incredible!
    He was INCREDIBLE. If you have the chance to see him, you HAVE to go. Even if it's a spur of the moment, going by yourself opportunity. DO IT. I can't even explain the joy he brings. Absolutely incredible. 

Also, I miss you when I don't post too :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @GoldenPenguin So glad you loved Garth. He was a bucket list item for me too, but my Mom and I saw him last year in Boston! I got her tickets for Christmas/Birthday.

And tying it all in, my Mom and I have a special Garth song. She always says the song "The Dance" is her song to me. She hated her relationship with my Father and he hurt her so much, but without that she wouldn't have me, her "dance." 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF The meds and the GD diet helped a lot with her nausea. Checking her sugar after every meal is a pain, but overall the diet and meds have made her pregnancy A LOT easier. She's due around the same time @minskat30 is, so she's happy to finally have some relief. Let us know how your appointment goes! I hope you get some good news about bed rest. Also, OMG that cake looks divine. I am so glad my coworkers don't bring delicious desserts in like that because I would inhale that cake.

@GoldenPenguin Who said we don't miss you when you don't post?! 

@untouchablets DYING at your Luke Bryan theory! I don't dislike new country, so I'll have disagree with you on that, but your theory is hilariously accurate. Also, Happy Early Birthday!

@cu97tiger You are such a fitness goddess. 

@wink0erin LOL H and I sing "Zombies" to each other a lot too. I forgot to comment yesterday, but your curtains turned out great! Also, I'm in awe that you forgot to eat dinner. That never happens to me ever.

@beachyone15 Casual days at work are the best. I wish I could wear sweats and t-shirts all the time.

@labro I keep looking over the samples and your reasoning behind what you like and don't like about each one, but I still can't decide which I like more. I think my favorite color is the middle one from HD... does the other brand have a carpet in a similar color? 

• Options
    PSA for anyone else that likes mystery/thriller books ( @eilis1228 @TwoDimes @AlPacina )

I finished In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad #1) by Tana French this morning and really liked it! I started the 2nd one immediately after. 

• Options
    I have a question! What does everyone use in regards to "high end" foundations (if you use or have tried them)? I've been using drugstore ones my whole life and suddenly my skin either hates what I'm using and breaks out or it just looks cakey and gross. I am looking to upgrade! I want to buy a few to the and then I'll return whatever I don't like so I'll take any suggestions :)
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - no one said it, hahaha. I'm just projecting ;) 

*******************************************************************************************

• Options
    @AlPacina - Yes, we used "Dawn" and "The Secret Lives of Daydreams".  <3

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Beautiful quilt, you did a great job!  GD wouldn't be the end of the world, though it wouldn't be fun either, especially with Celiac already.  We'll see what the doctor says when she calls.  No harm in getting tested at this point I think since I'm well within the time period range to test for GD (they recommend 24-28 weeks usually) so I'm going to ask for that and maybe a general blood panel to make sure everything else is ok.  I'm sure I'm being paranoid over nothing...this is where wine would help.   Le sigh.  

@goldenpenguin - Nonsense, I miss you when you don't post.  I'm glad you had fun at the concert.  :)

@cu97tiger - Yikes, don't go too hard at it if you are sore already...I don't want a limping cu97tiger.  Also, those baked apples sound delicious.

@alpacina - I'm glad you and your BF had a talk.  I'm also glad he apologized without pushing back on you/trying to shift blame.  
  • Options
    @alpacina it's obviously the best song and it is the most played on my iTunes by A LOT lol if I can't sleep I put it on repeat. 
    @eilis1228 every time a song comes on country radio I'm like "UGH turn Luke Bryan off!" And BF is always like "that's not Luke Bryan!!!" Lmao. I do like country but lately I feel like I'm always listening to the same song. They're all about pick up trucks and dirt roads and blue eyed blonds and cases of beer!
  • Options

@swazzle - My coworker and I have been exchanging books lately and she actually just brought me In The Woods on Friday! I'll probably read it next.

Right now I'm reading Devil In The White City, and it is doing EVERYTHING to get me extra excited for the Chicago GTG! Sorry if I nerd out about architecture while we're there! haha

• Options
    @AlPacina  Urg they're awful! I'm typically bound to burn, I'm neon white ;)

@GoldenPenguin Garth started in my city with 1 date and ended up with total of 4 dates here :P A few people are stoked. Is he still as energetic?

@swazzle ALL HAIL BEAUTY BLENDER!!!

@untouchablets I can't do drugstore brands either. I break out or they oxidize. My go to foundation for winter is MakeUp Forever HD, {there are new MUFE stuff out too!} for summer it's Benefit Big Easy {great for oily skin, bad for dry!} But def check or Urban Decay also, I've heard some great things about them!
  • Options
    @swazzle and @MissKittyDanger thanks! Adding those to my list. I LOVE the beauty blender but it's so expensive! I'm using a knockoff right now that's okay. I also use the old fashioned wedge sponges lol. I hear the RealTechniques version of the BB is amazing so I may pick one up to try. 
  • Options
    @untouchablets - I like Boscia products.
  • Options
    Do any of you get to vote in a primary today? 

I have to wait until June. 

• Options
    I'm voting after my doctor's appointment this afternoon, @Swazzle!
  • Options
    @untouchablets I use Clinique's Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup. I love it! I've tried a few other foundations, but I've always gone back to this one because it helps a lot with my oily skin and matches my paler-than-pale skin tone the best. I've heard a lot of good things about Make Up Forever foundation too, but I haven't tried it yet. 

@Swazzle No, I didn't register in time. :( 

• Options
    @untouchablets - It's not exactly cheap but think of it like how often you use it. I use mine at least 5 days a week so it's totally worth it to me.

• Options

@TwoDimes - I would TOTALLY do that boat tour! I normally wouldn't care that much but the book goes into details about how basically every single building had huge issues being built, and how Jackson Park was developed, and I just can't wait to see some of it for myself!

And yes, I just read Me Before You last month. That movie is gonna be a freaking tear jerker, that's for sure!

@wink0erin - I get so excited when anyone I know decides to go to Costa Rica! It is the most amazing country. Be aware that you'll be going during the rainy season, but it is still not cold and everything is so much more green and gorgeous. Plus, it's cheaper. The main downside is that roads are way worse, and occasionally under water, so rent an SUV or something similar. But if you want any suggestions on where to visit, I saw almost the entire west half of the country. (I heard the east coast was more for partying.)

• Options
    @AlPacina So glad to hear you and BF had a talk last night. I have been meaning to text you all morning and see how things went but the morning completely got away from me. Hopefully this is just a step in the right direction. Hugs <3
    friends tv show funy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards