Not Engaged Yet

Hump Day

124»

Re: Hump Day

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @AlPacina Ugh I am so sorry for your friend. :( I can't even imagine what she's going through right now. Definitely echoing suggestions for a restaurant giftcard (that has a delivery service!), some wine, flowers, chocolate, one of @helloliv 's heating pads and a big big hug! <3

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @alpacina so sorry about your friend, big hugs your way. I know someone who makes care packages for chemo patients because you're limited on what you can give them. But for a cheer up now I say food and pampering. Why not take her out for a pedicure?
    eta going out for dinner is an awesome idea too
  • TwoDimes said:
    Not to totally change the subject or the current vibe of the threat, but I just had to share this great news: my sister just surprised me at work with a visit from my nephew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got to show him off to all my coworkers and get all my auntie-nephew snuggles! My heart feels so happy. I love my nephew SO MUCH! <3

@TwoDimes - This would be better news if pictures were involved.

• AlPacina said:

@speakeasy14 - I thought about a pedicure, but I don't like getting pedicures, haha. I guess I could take her and then just sit there and watch.

"SO DEB, YOU ENJOYING YOUR PEDICURE?!? HUH?!?"

And this is now one of those things that I go back to and laugh at over again, because I find it HILARIOUS.

• @AlPacina Don't really have any more suggestions as I think everyone else has covered them, but sending healthy healing vibes to your friend. What a terrible thing to go through!
    friends tv show funy
  • @alpacina - We set her up on jdate and on eharmony. She didn't pay for either one yet, she wanted to think about it and browse her matches a little before deciding. I think she'll end up going with eHarmony. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, maybe a Chicken Soup for the Soul kind of book? They have them for all different sorts of situations now. Also, check out this site for good cards.

@twodimes - Aww, aren't you a proud aunt! :) He is adorable.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• edited March 2016
    @AlPacina - I'm really late to this, but when I had a tumor removed last year (we didn't know if it was cancer until like 2 weeks after the operation), we really appreciated people who brought food in throwaway containers, especially if we could stick some in the freezer for later.  Also, a couple people visited us in the hospital and brought some care baskets.  It was very nice to see some familiar faces for a few minutes, because the hospital is scary.  They packed magazines, a candle, a really soft blanket that is my go-to blanket even now, house slippers, PJs, candy.  Another friend sent a card in the mail before and after the surgery, to let me know she was praying and thinking about me.  It's easy to feel forgotten when you're going through something like this... everyone else is still living their normal lives, and you're thrown into something crazy and feel alone.  We also appreciated people coming by and staying for a few minutes when I was at home after surgery.  I loved having company.  A close friend came by to help me wash my hair in the kitchen sink (because I have a lot of it) and kind of pamper myself, and it gave H some time to himself.  
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @jenjen047 - I have a suuuuper broken pinkie toe and a nail that falls off my big toe pretty much whenever it wants. Having it come off at a salon is my personal nightmare of humiliation, plus the spacers are torture. Can I not be a monster again? ;)

@CocoBellaF - Your suggestions are everything. Thank you!

• @alpacina - I'm so very sorry for your friend.  :(  I'm sorry I'm late to this but (a) I second the idea of home-cooked food and a visit in the hospital if she is feeling up to it and (b) I hate pedicures too.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards