Wedding Invitations & Paper

No response to address request

I am probably overthinking this but just want to get some of your opinions :)

I had planned on inviting some somewhat distant relatives (my dads aunt and uncle) to our wedding. I didn't have their address or phone number, so messaged them on Facebook for their address. I didn't get a response to this, but I'm not sure if they're on Facebook often, so I didn't think much of it. I reached out to some other relatives for their phone number, and called them, left a message letting them know I wanted to send them a wedding invite, requesting they either give me a call back or just send me the address. It's been a little over a week, and I've gotten no response to this either. Since then, I have actually found that I DO have their address in an old phone book. However, I'm now unsure if I should even send them an invitation since they didn't respond to give me the address. I'm not sure if they think it is odd I would be inviting them, since they are somewhat distant relatives and don't live nearby, but they have been to many of my other closer family members weddings, and I would feel odd to not at least extend an invitation. I also don't want to seem gift grabby, since I doubt that they would actually come, and now they haven't actually given me the address to send the invite to.

Would you just go ahead and send the invitation anyway, or, if they never respond/give me the address, just not invite them?

Re: No response to address request

• I agree, send it and if they can come, great! It's also only been a week as well, they may still contact you with their address. Especially since they've been to other family weddings, and you'd be genuinely happy if they could make it I wouldn't worry about it being seen as gift grabby. 
  • Yes, you really need to send an invitation since you've essentially already invited them verbally.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thank you, that is what I was leaning towards! I guess I just found it odd that they didn't respond and didn't want to seem like I was "forcing" an invite on them. But of course they still can choose to not come if they would like, so better to just extend the invite either way!
  • If you actually have a mailing address for them, I'd go ahead and send it to that address.
  • Jen4948 said:
    If you actually have a mailing address for them, I'd go ahead and send it to that address.
    If it gets returned, you can follow up with a phone call to confirm the new address. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards