Louisiana-New Orleans

Second Line Drinks

I was curious if anyone that's had a second line from the ceremony to reception has passed out drinks along with the handkerchiefs.  It seems like a fun idea to start the party early, but I can't think of an easy, sort of organized way to fix and pass out drinks after the ceremony.  Any good advice?? 

Re: Second Line Drinks

• @Knottie1438017905 We didn't pass out drinks per se, but we had personalized go-cups that I got super cheap on Etsy to have out before the ceremony.  They weren't passed out, but people grabbed them beforehand.  We had bar services available while guests were waiting for our ceremony to start.  Our ceremony was in the same venue as our reception, so we second lined around the FQ with drinks.  A few of our guests (fraternity brothers, go figure haha) stopped into bars off Bourbon and caught up with us. 

Is your ceremony in a place of worship?  If so, I'm not sure how you'd work the drinks in (I'm assuming pre-made?) after the ceremony.  I'd say, first off, designate a person(s) other than the ones handing out handkerchiefs for the task; esp if you haven't hired a planner.  Depending on how many guests you'll have, maybe you could hire a service to come do that for you quickly outside your venue.  Something similar to a food truck, but with drinks?  Though, you'd have to make it all pre-made drinks for speed and ease.  Unless you want to allow a small break in-between the end of the ceremony before the second line.  A lot of times, the second line band plays you out of the ceremony, and can work as your processional, but it doesn't have to be that way. 

If you're really into DIY-ing, maybe something like pre-made punch or sazeracs or something that can easily be poured out of one of those drink coolers with a faucet, into personalized go-cups?

Just throwing some ideas out there!  Hope you're able to work it out!
  • Thanks! It's at a church, so agreed definitely some sort of pre-set up drinks is a must! That's a good idea about a possible service, I'll look into that :smile: 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards