Not Engaged Yet

Thankful Thursday

Re: Thankful Thursday

• @labro  those pasta shells sound delish! I may have to try that soon. And I'm envious you're able to sit outside comfortably now with the nice weather

@swazzle urg I feel you on the being sick, I woke up with sore throat yesterday and today. Feel better though :(

@CocoBellaF I love the mint one!

@untouchablets I love the spring purge! Lol

@beanbot2002 What an awful weekend :( glad you're feeling better

Last night was a sushi date with Matt's coworkers. I doubt we'll go back to that place because the ordering sucked. We ended up having to sneak stuff into the bathroom to toss it, because you had to pay for leftovers. Some rolls that were ordered at the beginning didn't show up until the end, so obviously by that time we were stuffed. Urg ... service kinda sucked.

Tonight isn't much. Watching Big Bang Theory and laundry. I want to start going through our stuff and pantry one - with our dish towels and random stuff - is going to be first. We have a few dish towels that are just too stained that I'm going to toss or donate. We have so many *sigh*

Friday I'm not sure if I'll be on TK since I'm at a different office. Found out last week that it'll end in May - yay!

This weekend is my mum's bday, so we may go to Chorus Line but that depends on how she feels.

Also taking a look at more houses this weekend {*yay*}

Thankful for ....

- Matt. He puts up with me when I'm a damn mess.

- my family. For the most part they're great.

- in laws. For the most part we get along. Matt's dad's side of the family are very different and politics always gets brought up. If we go for Easter, we're going to attempt to "bean dip" that.

- my job. Matt and I were talking about it last night but between us, my job is the most stable even though he's coming up to 5yrs at his job. Also my coworkers are awesome and I'm super lucky.
  • @MissKittyDanger you had to pay for leftovers?! Like, you had to pay additional for your meal if you didn't finish everything?
  • @speakeasy14  If we hadn't snuck stuff into the garbage in the bathroom, yup. Crazy rules because it's an "all you can eat buffet"
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @speakeasy14 The Korean BBQ restaurants H and I go to don't allow leftovers either. But you pay a set fee and they bring out stuff until you can't eat anymore. Basically, they don't allow you to cook up a bunch of meat on the bbq at your table and then take it all to go. I've never heard of that for a sushi restaurant though...

• @labro  They probably think the same idea as the Korean BBQ, they don't want to make rolls just to be tossed. 
  • @MissKittyDanger so was there a flat rate you paid for the meal, and then something extra if there's anything on your plate?

@labro oh yeah, we have plenty of places like that, I just was thrown off by them feeling like they had to sneak throw away food so they wouldn't have to pay for the leftovers.
  • @speakeasy14  the way we understood it, if there's enough to charge for a full roll, they'll charge the full roll. I don't think we'll go back because that's crazy pricing. We've been to places they charged a bit for leftovers, but not full roll amount.
  • labrolabro member
    @MissKittyDanger By leftovers do you mean if you walk out of the restaurant and leave food on your plate when you leave, they charge you for it? Or do you mean that they will charge you to take your leftovers with you?

• Swazzle said:
    I don't think any buffet-type restaurants (or places with like a flat-fee, all you can eat) allow leftovers. That makes perfect sense to me. 

What doesn't make any sense whatsoever is being forced to eat ALL of the food on your plate or having to pay more money for what you don't eat. 

This whole thing is mind-boggling to me. 

• labrolabro member
    I hope this isn't creepy-stalkery but @MissKittyDanger does this place have a website you can share?

• labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 I was SO confused by your g2g with @cu97tiger because I could only remember that you were meeting up for the wedding you're going to in DC or something. It took me forever to realize she was in your neck of the woods for business!

• @TwoDimes we have a similar thing here too. They do half price wings(Tuesdays), and $.50 pizza (Sundays) and you can't just order it to go. Like you can't get a pizza, eat one bite then take the rest. You can take the last few slices though. It's so weird on what amount is "okay" to take. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes - That SUPER sucks and I'd be so bummed out too but, like you, I understand the rule. 

The "all you can eat" = "you MUST eat every fucking thing on your plate" is what I don't get and it's really irritating me and I have no reason why other than it doesn't make any sense! 

• @labro  I'm not sure how they do it, but my guess is if you leave stuff on your plate. If we took it with us, I'd be cool with paying.
    Not creepy-stalkery. Their site doesn't work (we checked) but you can check reviews "ten sushi ottawa" They don't have great reviews
  • @swazzle I'm with you- have never heard of such a thing and I'd put up a huge stink about paying more than the "set/ all you can eat" price. Any time I go to a buffet, I end up with stuff on my plate that I don't like. If the prime rib looked good and I took huge piece, and then it was overcooked and I didn't eat that piece on my plate, I'd be appalled if I were charged extra for "wasting" it.

• @Swazzle  Same. If we left with the food, I'd understand paying for it but the way they charge is just odd!
  • @MissKittyDanger - Good lord. That is absolute insanity! It sounds like their service all around is completely shitty. That's a seriously terrible rule to have. 

• labrolabro member
    @MissKittyDanger I hope you know I read through reviews about children only eating french fries for this!

However, it does sound like they do charge you for uneaten food, whether you're taking it home or not! WHAT IN THE ACTUAL FUCK?

• labrolabro member
    minskat30 said:
    Ok, meeting went pretty well actually.  She is thinking through my proposal but thinks it will work for her/our team.  She will get back to me but said she didn't think my asks were unreasonable.  :)  I'm happy with how it went overall.  

That is awesome!!!!!!!

• ok reading those reviews... WHY would someone continue to drink something when there was mold in the glass!??! WHY would someone continue eating things they found hair in?! @MissKittyDanger for your health, I hope you don't go back to that place, but also for your wallet and the double charging.
  • @minskat30 yay!! Fingers still crossed but that's great news!
  • @minskat30 That's great!

So....how big of a deal is lice? I thought you just get some special shampoo and move on with life? This woman in my office is crying HISTERICALLY- like I thought she got laid off or something terrible happened- she said her 10 year old daughter needs to be picked up because she has lice.

• @jenna8984 It's a huge pain in the ass. You have to wash/treat basically everything in the house and do a the special shampoo and combs. There have also been reports of new strains of lice that are resistant to the shampoo. I would cry too. 

@minskat30 YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I'm so glad the meeting went well and your boss is open to your asks! 

@labro Yes, she was in my neck of the woods. :) I didn't realize she'd be in town until last week-ish, and she only had this morning open for a visit. I'll see her again in May (and hopefully @beanbot2002) when H and I are in DC. And hopefully I'll see you and @southernpeach89 sometime this fall! H and I are tentatively planning to visit ATL for my nephew's birthday in September. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    @jenna8984 I mean...I cried when my dog got fleas and we couldn't get rid of them immediately and lice are kind of on the same scale for me so yeah.

• @labro @speakeasy14 We are likely not going back. The kids with one of Matt's coworkers weren't ordering much for that sheer fact of charging for leftovers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards