Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bra troubles

hi everyone! 

I need to find a bra for my dress, preferably a corset too. Or if possible sticky bra, anyone with a large bust ever have luck with these? I have a size 14 dress and I am a 38DD. My dress has a low back and I'm not sure what to do about a bra. I knew I would have a problem, I have always been larger with a big bust, but after losing over 50 pounds I went a little daring with my dress :) 

Any advice would be helpful! 

Thanks!

Re: Bra troubles

• Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss!  I know how hard it is.

Just how low is the back of this dress?  Big busts size and very low backs are not always a good combination.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Have you talked with a seamstress? Sometimes, bras can be sewed into the dress to hold the girls in. Could also try taking your dress to the local racy lingerie store and seeing what they have available.
  • Options

Heres the back. I fell in love with the dress before realizing how low it was. So I just decided to go for it. 

They at talked about seeing in cups but I didn't think that would do anything. 
  • Options

Hum, I think I would still discuss options with the seamstress and go to a local fancy lingerie store for ideas. They might have something that could be done. Good luck! Beautiful dress by the way :)

• Options
    That is a gorgeous dress! I agree to talk with the seamstress.
  • Options
    Same problem. Tried the Nu bra- don't bother. Unless an A or B at most. I just ordered from Her Room. Style 213. A few others I am keeping on back burner until I try that one 203 and 29073. Mine is low back and thin straps so has to be backless and low back. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a 36DD and ended up ordering a "bustier" because for me the regular strapless ones don't cut it. Disclaimer, I haven't seen it with my dress yet, but it seems comfy and I like how it holds me up. It does have boning but so my dress so I'm thinking it won't matter, and also my priority is to be comfortable. I got it from Nordstrom, and I also shopped at a site called "bare necessities". One of my maids recommended a sticky bra but I've never tried one and I think she's underestimating my girls. The bonus with a longline or bustier or corset too is that it helps hold in and smooth any pudge too. A well-made corset is actually really comfortable, so if you have the ability to get one, that might be the way to go, depending on the time you have available. There are also several styles that do come down pretty low on your back, just can't vouch for the support once they're that low.
  • Options
    I forgot to mention that I was planning on having cups just sewn into the dress, but it's just a zipper back and the seamstress really recommended some other form of support and once I saw the difference I completely agreed. Just fyi.
  • Options
    Nordstrom's or David's are your two best options...  A long-line bra should be able to get the job done.  I'd question the sewn in, but that's just me...
  • Options
    lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2016
    I wore a sticky bra under my dress as a C and liked how it looked and worked.  I have gained some weight since then :( and I've tried wearing it as a D and I didn't like it. Granted, maybe it would have worked better in a larger size, but I wasn't a fan of how it held the girls up. 
  • Options
    Knottie #'s - vendor posting is a no-go here on the boards... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards