Pre-wedding Parties

Meal time shower invite wording question

1st: I am providing a meal.  I didn't want to make the subject a paragraph.  :smile: 

I'm the MOH hosting the shower for my SIL.  I've never hosted a shower before, so I'm slightly anxious.  I opted to have it at a private room in a restaurant.  I am providing the food and the shower is at noon on a Saturday.  I don't think I've ever been to a meal-time shower so I'm not sure what to do and I'm sure I'm overthinking.  

Do I need to include on the invite that a meal is provided?  Or should the fact that the location is a well-known restaurant and is at noon be a tip-off that they're getting food?

I don't want anyone to think I'm going to make them pay or that I'm not feeding them...

TIA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Meal time shower invite wording question

• Restaurant at noon makes me assume food is provided. If I was unsure, I would just ask you when I call and RSVP.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • In our family, every shower includes a meal, regardless of time.  We indicate it directly on the invitation in some way.  The invitation might say......
                                              Please join us for a Bridal shower
                                                            honoring
                                                           Mary Jones

Sunday, March 20, 2016
                                                       12:00 Noon Brunch

We might also have the invitation say to join us for a bridal shower luncheon. 
  • MobKaz said:
    In our family, every shower includes a meal, regardless of time.  We indicate it directly on the invitation in some way.  The invitation might say......
                                              Please join us for a Bridal shower
                                                            honoring
                                                           Mary Jones

Sunday, March 20, 2016
                                                       12:00 Noon Brunch

We might also have the invitation say to join us for a bridal shower luncheon. 
    Good point -- you may want to specify whether it's brunch or lunch (if it matters to your guests).
  • SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would assume food by the time and venue.

I might be pleasantly surprised by what is offered, but I would not assume I was paying for anything.
  • If I get an invitation for a shower at a restaurant, I'm going to assume that food will be served, and if the shower is scheduled for a mealtime, I'm going to assume that I'm getting a hosted meal.

That said, it would be nice if the invitation indicates whether or not the meal is brunch or lunch.
  • Thank you so much everyone!  I decided to leave it off. If someone brings up the shower in conversation, I might casually mention there will be food, but I'm probably overthinking that too. 

I did not mean to post and run off, I'm so sorry!  :flushed: 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards