Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Chat

Re: Wednesday Chat

• @beachyone15 Yes! Make him help you! Also, you could just go and get some garland and make a bunny wreath and tie a ribbon around and call it a day! Super Easy!
  • @beachyone15 what makeup did you get!?!?  And recipe for Irish Car bomb cupcakes (Click)
  • Congrats to your H, @TwoDimes!!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2016
    @TwoDimes So OBVIOUSLY you're coming to visit me now right? Now that you're rich and everything?

@beachyone15 For some reason I thought you were a life-long Texan. Where are you from originally? How long have you been in the state?

• @beachyone15 - Who do you guys like so far this season? I actually missed last week's episode but I know what happened. I was a big Caleb fan on Big Brother! 

• @speakeasy14 -

I got a Buxom build-your-own shadow palette and 6 colors.

Smashbox blush -

A pore refining face mask -

And I got a free Laura Gellar beauty bag with a shadow, eye brush, and lip gloss.
    1.jpg 90.1K
    3.jpg 43.3K
    2.jpg 3.8K

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @labro - I am a life-long Texan. Which is why I can't understand why @PamBeesly524 doesn't eat red meat! J/K Pam ;)

@swazzle - Honestly, I'm not sure if I've developed a favorite yet this season which is weird. H gets a kick out of the former basketball player because he recognized him. He showed me pictures of some of his craziest looks from the NBA. I mean, really, WTF is that about???

• @TwoDimes - Congrats to you and your H!  So exciting when hard work pays off!  :)

@beachyone15 - Dawww, thank you.  What are you making for game night snacks?  My allergies were also terrible when I lived/went to law school in Texas so I feel you.  
  • labrolabro member
    @beachyone15 Ughhh that sucks!! I figured when you were saying you had never developed allergies before that your body was still adjusting to the environment!  I don't have strong seasonal allergies (basically some minor in the spring and almost none in the fall) so maybe this is just a particularly bad season?

• @twodimes Congrats to you and your H!!!
  • labrolabro member
    @wink0erin Those flowers are gorgeous! TBH, the progression of my relationship with H went from texting ALL the time, like hundreds of messages a day I'm sure, to we rarely text each other during the day (if we do it's a "I'm here" when I'm picking him up from work) or we'll text a silly link or something. I think having a phone conversation every evening is even better since it means you get to have a REAL conversation. I like your plan and I hope your BF becomes more ok with it too.

• @wink0erin hopefully after talking that issue is resolved.  Also, I'm so glad to know you own other shirts haha
  • @untouchablets That invite... ugh! Also, I really want to see the shirt you are wearing.
    @TwoDimes Yayyyy on H's promotion!
    @labro I totally agree with you, I think conversations will be more meaningful if we just save it for a phone call. 

• @wink0erin In our 6.5 years together, BF and I have never communicated via text. We only text when confirming plans, or if either of us are traveling to let one another know we arrived safely. When we were long distance our first summer together, we didn't text but we had a nightly phone date. When he DOES text me randomly, I am usually suspicious that he's cancelling or changing plans and when I text him randomly I never expect a response. Monday we didn't see each other and also didn't hear from one another at all, but yesterday we had a lot to recap :)

I like it. We always have something to talk about when we are together, and we both focus more on our actual responsibilities when we are not. Though, I did think it was weird at first, coming off high school relationships when we would text CONSTANTLY. How stressful is it to have to worry about the other person getting mad that there wasn't an instant response?? Not worth it to me. 
  • @minskat30 - We are having a fajita bar for game night!

@labro - It could just be a bad season I guess. I've heard people say (including my H) that they never used to have allergy problems living in TX, but developed them later in life. So I might be one of those people, unfortunately.

@wink0erin - Beautiful flowers!

• @TwoDimes - THAT.IS.HILARIOUS.  Indy is a naughty dog. 

Re texting...H and I don't text other than when one of us is in a meeting, has only 2 minutes to talk or needs to remind the other of something quickly...or, you know, we want to get a point/picture across we can't put in a work email.  ;)  
  • @AlPacina It is sparkly! Thanks!

Re texting for us.. We don't talk much during the day. We will text with quick questions, or if we see something the other might want to see (most recently he texted me the new Civil War trailer.) We will sometimes call if we want a quicker answer.

Thing is, I sit at a desk at work, but BF drives an 18-wheeler. Most of the time he can't text back so it's pointless. If it's important enough then I will call or text, but usually it's nothing that can't wait either until I call him when I leave work, or when he gets home. 

As for being away, I always make it a point to call BF and check in on him and Tess. I have been away a few times, and Disney to boot, and I always make time to call a few times a day to check in. The most important point being that this is what works for US. He understands that I am busy but he doesn't want me to forget about him. That doesn't work for everyone, but it's how we've mutually agreed that it works for us. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes omg hahaha that is a perfect story! 

talking to SO all day:  Legit conversation we are having right now:
    Bf - did Callie poop this morning?
    Me - yeah at 7am... it's kinda 11:30 now you should still walk her
    Bf - but did she poop
    Me - stop being lazy and go walk the dog
    Bf - she chased the birdies

@speakeasy14 - I think it's funny that he calls them birdies! Unless your neighbor plays lots of badminton? ;)

I have a feeling my dog won't get walked at all while I'm in Chicago. :( He's going to be SO CRAZY when I get back!

• @AlPacina hahaha the baby talk to/about the dog is horrible in my house. Ugh, poor Marv, hopefully that's not the case.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards