New Jersey
Options

Venue Offers Ugly area for Photos

I am moments away from booking my venue in Northern New Jersey. We love the venue and all that it offers the only problem is the location of the venue does not match its newly renovated interior. I wish I could pick it up and place it somewhere much more chic. I have no idea what to do for wedding photos! My wedding will be in the fall, the venue suggests going to a nearby park however we're not the outdoorsy couple we'd love interior photos or maybe outdoor with great architecture/buildings behind us. We know another option is to take pics before the ceremony at the hotel but we'd like to stick with the traditional order of things.

Has anyone else dealt with an ugly area for photos? and if so what did you do?
Any suggestions on great photo area near Bloomfield, NJ?

HELP PLEASE!

Re: Venue Offers Ugly area for Photos

• Options
    Maybe try the Van Vleck House & Gardens in Montclair or the Montclair Art Museum. Another cool place if you want something unique could be the Thomas Edison Museum in West Orange. There's also Eagle Rock Reservation in West Orange, it's outside, but there are amazing views of the NYC skyline you could take your pictures in front of.

Also, you might need to get a permit to take photos at these places, especially if you want to be inside. I'm not 100% sure about these locations, but I know my cousin and his wife had to get one and pay a fee when they had their wedding pics taken in a park. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards