Wedding Woes

Tuesday

HeffalumpHeffalump member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited March 2016 in Wedding Woes
It's kind of my Monday, but still.  Happy Tuesday!

Did everyone have a good weekend?  What's going on this week?

I had a lovely four day weekend.  Spent a ton of time with the kids.  DH, sadly, had a project and was tethered to his laptop, so we didn't do any major outings.  DD played with her friends in the neighborhood, DS and I took walks.  (They are building a new neighborhood next to ours, and the street is connected now, so we went exploring over there and looking for "big trucks" i.e. construction equipment.) 

Wooz ran a fever on and off all day Sunday, but it didn't diminish her enjoyment of her Easter basket.  DS was impressed with all the candy.  Had brunch with my mom, who sold her house yesterday. (!)  Yesterday I made banana bread with honey and it came out so incredibly moist.  Then I tried to replicate one of DH's best recipes because we had the stuff on hand and I had time to make it, and it was just so-so.  I don't know what kind of magic he works, but I don't have it.

Back at work.

ETA:  the piano arrived yesterday!

Re: Tuesday

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Spring break is already kicking my ass.  SO. MUCH. NOISE.  DH is off tomorrow and it's supposed to be gorgeous so I want to hit the playground with a picnic.  Thursday we're going to the ILs.  Friday afternoon my folks are taking the kids for the night.  They have to come back early Saturday though because 6let has baseball.

Thursday will suck. 
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2016
    Holla!  I cut out at half day on Friday and was off yesterday.  

Friday, our new water heater and my office doors were delivered.  FIL came over in the afternoon to install the water heater.  BIL and SIL showed up early evening.  It took several hours and a half dozen trips to Lowe's (and my water being shut off for almost 7 hours), but we have a new water heater and more importantly, non-stinky water (we have a well and the rotten egg smell was horrific). IDK when my doors will be installed, but they're here...so yay. 

Saturday, we had DefConn's bday party.  We didn't have much to do to get the house ready, so SIL and I went to get pedicures and have some downtime together.  The weather was perfect and everyone had a really great time. 

Sunday, I made Easter brunch for FIL/BIL/SIL/us.  Everyone departed by noon and we went to my sister's house for dinner.  

Monday, DefConn's actual bday.  We went to Zootopia and out to lunch.  He was wiped from the weekend and took a 2.5 hour nap.  I slept with him for about 45 min or so.  

I'm trying hard to want to work today.  :) It was such a lovely weekend.  
  • I've been sitting here for an hour and a half trying to get motivated, but it's a struggle. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Yay, @thefanciestbeckler , that's awesome!

Tuesday is just the worst.  B/c it's not Monday which you dread anyway, it's not Wednesday which means it's half over, it's not Thursday which goes fast b/c tomorrow is Friday and then yay Friday.  Tuesday is the worst.

But, I get to see K tonight. Our schedules are starting to conflict, hard, and it's going to get worse until this summer.  Which I'm having some feels about how attached I am and how I wasn't ready for this sort of thing and blah, blah, blah, wow she's awesome.  So, I'm just trying to go with the flow.  But yeah, *stupid grin*

Just finished planning a day trip out of town, which will be nice.  A group of friends are going up to see some exhibits at the Nelson Atkins that I really want to see.  So, can it just be Friday already?
  • I've been down about my new client.  Things are not going well (their expectations and unwillingness to get me information I need make things very difficult) and it may not work out.  We just might not be a good fit.  I'm pretty much over my frustration at this point and whatever happens happens.  I have no problem walking away from this because the stress is really not worth it.

We had a good Easter with family and the kids had a blast.

• I've been busy busy.. FI and I just got (and I mean the email in the last hour) the pre-qualification approval letter about a home loan. I'm so excited to finally be able to start looking for houses and knowing what we can afford. So now we just have to figure out what side of town we want to live on and how small is too small for us to cohabitate in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Work is kicking my butt today, but it is nice to be busy.

Third round of antibiotics seems to be working.  Throat is good and I'm feeling fine.

I'm traveling to Miami for work and pleasure starting tomorrow.  I have a conference Thursday and Friday.  Two girlfriends are flying down Friday and we are staying until Monday.  I'm looking forward to some sun, beach/pool time, drinks and good times with the girls.
  • Apparently I can't quote now, but Heffa, as someone who has had a phone cease to function, your wording is offensive and hurtful. Please, try to be mindful of other users here. I prefer the phrase "eternal slumber but still loved and respected".

ETA: Your son is adorable. I've never seen him and all I know about him is that sunscreen makes him sad, but that's all I need to know. He's adorable.

So. Noted.   :p

And I think he's adorable too, thanks for noticing.  He and DH both have issues with certain textures.  Neither of them likes sunscreen or lotion, DH has a weird thing about how he can't touch silk, and DS doesn't like finger paint or anything sticky on his hands.  (I made monkey bread once and he wouldn't touch it.)  Unfortunately, they are both strawberry blonde and very fair, so sunscreen is definitely not optional. 
  • Glad to hear you're feeling better @MNNEBride! And this New Englander is super jealous of your trip to Miami!

@thefanciestbeckler - did you hear back from your interview? Fingers crossed for good news!

So far today has been interesting. Commute this morning was like driving in a super intense game of tetris - everyone swerving this way and that with no regard for the rest of the highway.

Went to defrost the leftover ham my mom had given us after Easter dinner, only to discover that she accidentally gave us the ham bone that she had wrapped up to save for soup. Whoops.

And work has been busy mixed with boring. Counting down the next 67 minutes until I'm out of here.
  • Thanks @sparklepants41 .  It's been a long winter in MN and I'm looking forward to the trip.
  • Today is a great day.

I had a job interview yesterday after work, and it went extremely well. I'm 99% sure that they're planning on hiring me based on the things they were saying. When I left they said they're going to "work something up" and call me today. Eeeek!!! The anticipation is killing me.

Also, I get to see DH in 5 days. I'm taking a trip up to PA to hang out with him for a couple of days. Today marks 2 weeks since I've seen him! I've got lots to do before I leave, though, which stresses me out a little. I've got a guy coming to fix the heat today (broke last week), someone coming to fix the dishwasher tomorrow (broke this weekend), and I need to get my oil changed and renew my tag. Why does it seem like EVERYTHING breaks as soon as DH leaves???
    Good vibes your way for the job! Have a great time in PA.
  • edited March 2016
    @sparklepants41 - update - Apparently the guy who interviewed me forgot that the other manager would be out of the office today having a dental procedure. So now, I have to wait til tomorrow! Ugh!!! Lol. My friend that works there did some nosing around and asked some questions though, and she said it seems like they are definitely offering me the job when they call.

Thanks to all of you for the congrats and well wishes!!! I'll give an update when I (hopefully) hear from them tomorrow.

@ILoveBeachMusic, I meant to comment on the other post and tell you how sorry I am for your loss. Losing a loved one is so hard. Sending lots of prayers, hugs, and good thoughts your way. ETA, I just saw that your MIL and FIL were married 63 years! WOW! That is amazing.

• I've been busy busy.. FI and I just got (and I mean the email in the last hour) the pre-qualification approval letter about a home loan. I'm so excited to finally be able to start looking for houses and knowing what we can afford. So now we just have to figure out what side of town we want to live on and how small is too small for us to cohabitate in.
    Hey @ChelleJayne
    Because there was the other conversation about this the other day, more advice. You didn't mention it, but I hope the two of you also found out what the monthly payments would be on what you were approved for. The banks are willing to throw a lot of money at people, especially those with good/great credit, with no regard to your actual lifestyle. Also, they don't factor in the taxes or HOAs of the places you are interested in living in. Definitely don't borrow the max of what the bank will give you unless you want to eat ramen as long as you live there. 
    FWIW, DH and I are borrowing under half of what the bank was willing to loan us. (I laughed out loud when we were told the number, because no!) We have a travel habit, and childcare in our area is expensive, as is the general cost of living, so we have decided to cohabitate in 800 square feet (2bed/2bath).

• @thisismynickname - When we talked to the bank we talked about how much the monthly payments would be for what we were approved off. Plus we did a lot of research before we even applied for the pre-qualification process. We both wanted to make sure we could afford what we wanted to do before we started everything and then became disappointed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Hey @ChelleJayne
    Because there was the other conversation about this the other day, more advice. You didn't mention it, but I hope the two of you also found out what the monthly payments would be on what you were approved for. The banks are willing to throw a lot of money at people, especially those with good/great credit, with no regard to your actual lifestyle. Also, they don't factor in the taxes or HOAs of the places you are interested in living in. Definitely don't borrow the max of what the bank will give you unless you want to eat ramen as long as you live there. 
    FWIW, DH and I are borrowing under half of what the bank was willing to loan us. (I laughed out loud when we were told the number, because no!) We have a travel habit, and childcare in our area is expensive, as is the general cost of living, so we have decided to cohabitate in 800 square feet (2bed/2bath).

So much this.  We figured out how much we wanted to budget for our monthly mortgage payment and then worked backwards from that to the total loan amount.  We definitely didn't want to be house poor, we knew we'd be needing a new car within a year or so of buying the house, and with daycare and college funds and retirement and everything, the amount we ended up borrowing was pretty conservative.
  • @thisismynickname - When we talked to the bank we talked about how much the monthly payments would be for what we were approved off. Plus we did a lot of research before we even applied for the pre-qualification process. We both wanted to make sure we could afford what we wanted to do before we started everything and then became disappointed.
    Great! Congrats and happy hunting! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards