New York-Long Island

Reception hall price haggling?

Just went to look at venue B today for a viewing. It was nice but did not give me the wow factor that venue A did. Only thing is venue A gave us a better price quote (which surprised me since I've heard how expensive it is).I'm wanting to ask venue A if they will beat or match venue B price. Do you think it's a good shot or am I wasting my breath?

Re: Reception hall price haggling?

• edited December 2011
    You can try, but I generally found that places wouldn't haggle.  They would substitute, but not haggle.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • positivelypositively member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would.  There is no reason not to try.  I know the venues base their pricing on different times of the year - so you never know - you might hit it just right.  Good luck.
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    it all depends. if your wedding is on an off day or an off season you may have a very good chance of it. if it's a saturday night in the middle of june you might have a problem,
    but hey-it NEVER hurts to ask. the worst they can do is say no. tell them that you love the venue and tell them the other price and your budget restrictions and ask them how they can work iwth you.

• edited December 2011
    We tried. Sadly Venue A would not give us anything that Venue B is giving us without adding the extra cost. They would not budge on anything. Venue B actually called my fiance and told him that if we book with them by the end of the week that they will waive the ceremony fee. Sooo...it looks like we will be going with them.
  • edited December 2011
    I haggled and got a dollar off per plate, LOL its something. My event is taking place on a catholic holiday, so i thought I had a good chance ...still happy with what I got for what I am paying 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards