Not Engaged Yet

WOO HOO Wednesday!

124»

Re: WOO HOO Wednesday!

• @AlPacina - Thanks...I'm biased, but he's pretty amazing.  He is just in general a really sweet guy and a great care-taker.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenjen047 Big hugs! I think it's a good sign you're both willing to go to counseling (both couples and individual). I hope your H is able to make some real changes so he can EARN your trust again.

• @AuroraRose41 - Thanks! Congrats on the new jobs and the move! 

• @jenjen047  Big hugs and vibes! I work in an industry that I see a lot of stressed people when it comes to finances and budgeting. Let me tell you, it's one thing to say you'll do X, Y, Z and then actually implementing it.
    Glad to hear it's out in the open and you're both seeking counselling! I'm sure it'll all turn out great :)
  • labrolabro member
    @AuroraRose41 Congrats on the new job!!

• @aurorarose41 omg yayy! Congrats! Do you know what area you're going to be moving to? 
  • AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2016
    @swazzle and @labro thank you! 

@untouchablets thank you and yes! We will be moving back to the Capital Region area, where we are both from originally and where our wedding is. Right now we are going to try to get a place in Downtown Saratoga Springs, but we will see how that works out. We had to purchase appliances when we moved into our townhouse, and I really don't want to give up our washer and dryer (the fridge I can take it or leave it), so we need to see what is available with hookups for a gas dryer. 

ETA: I can't believe I am 24 years old (25 on Friday!) and my only concern with moving is if I can keep my washer and dryer. I find that a bit hilarious. But our washer and dryer are epic, for lack of a better word. They are the largest ones you can buy on the market without getting industrial laundromat ones, and I love being able to wash all of the bedding whenever I feel like it!

• @AuroraRose41 Ah congrats!!!!! I was skeptical with Jamberry at first too, but honestly it's cheaper than manicures and last 2-3 weeks.  They're time consuming to get on, but since I actually have woman hands instead of baby fingers, they're worth it to me.  
  • @futuremrshistorian and @jenjen047  Sending you guys so many hugs and love right now. <3 

@AuroraRose41 CONGRATS!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jenna8984 said:

@aurorarose41 aaaah congrats!! That's so great!! And we will be doing a northeast get-together so that we can all confirm your heavenly ass ;)

Yes a northeast get-together is necessary!
  • @AuroraRose41 - Omg, yay! I'm so glad that you're getting out of that terribly stressful work environment. I hope this new job appreciates you for the hard worker you are and doesn't keep you in a constant state of stress about keeping your job.

@labro - So what did you end up getting your H? Or if you'd rather share after his birthday that's okay too.

• My friend had her cancer-related hysterectomy yesterday. Unfortunately she is not totally in the clear based on the extent of the growth, and she'll hear back about what stage she is/was in from a lab in a couple of weeks. But, she's already home and doing alright. :) I wish it had just been all over because now I get to stay stressed. Luckily I'm taking next Monday off to visit and hang out with her and hopefully help her out a bit.

• @AlPacina I'm glad she's home already, but will keep her in my thoughts.  
  • labrolabro member
    @AlPacina I hope the results come back ok for your friend. I'm glad she's back home!

I ended up getting H a camping stove (a Coleman type thing) and a griddle. I did look at the things you recommended and almost bought one but I'm not sure how much backpacking we'll be doing so the bigger Coleman stove seemed like a good idea for now (plus we can use it for tailgating!).

• @AlPacina - Sending get well and healthy vibes to your friend! Big hugs <3

• @labro - Camp stoves are awesome too! BF uses his Coleman to brew beer in the garage, too. I think your H will find it useful in more ways than one. Very nice!

• Thanks everyone! Yes, I will definitely be in for a G2G and keep everyone updated about when we move back! We plan to drive across the country too so I might be able to meet some of you along the way! 

@AlPacina hugs and thoughts for your friend! And fortunately this new position is exactly what I think I need. I am switching fields within EE, but this new one is regular hours for the most part, overtime pay if I do ever have to work overtime (rare but might happen here and there; one person I interviewed with said he has been there for 4 years and just put in his first hour of overtime two weeks before my interview), every other Friday off, and 50/50 office and field work. The team is small but necessary, and one person on the team has been there for 42 years, so I also think I have very good job stability, and I have a lot of room to grow in this position as well. The pay is decent and the benefits are good too. FI got an offer with a different company in the area, but he will be 10 minutes down the road from me, and moving into a position he thinks he will enjoy more too (though it could still be long hours for him). 

• @AuroraRose41 - Congratulations!!  This is such good news!
  • Yay I love seeing all the cute bumps!

Everyone looks so great. I miss you all
    @swazzle you look amazing. 

Anniversary

• Congrats, @AuroraRose41 !!!!

@Peaseblossom55, wish you could come around more and play with us.  We miss you like whoa.

• Thank you so much to everyone for your support and hugs. I really appreciate it!!

@alpacina - Vibes for your friend!!

@futuremrshistorian - Sending you big hugs. <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards