Snarky Brides

Pillows? Really?

http://offbeatbride.com/2016/03/wedding-party-seating

I had to snark.  I like a lot of Offbeat Bride, but this was just too much.  I'd rather stand than have to sit on the ground, on a pillow, in a dress.  No matter how long the ceremony was.

Re: Pillows? Really?

• Yeah, no. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • http://offbeatbride.com/2016/03/wedding-party-seating

I had to snark.  I like a lot of Offbeat Bride, but this was just too much.  I'd rather stand than have to sit on the ground, on a pillow, in a dress.  No matter how long the ceremony was.
    Oh, hell no.  It's not about the comfort of the guests.  It is all about the creative unifying ceremony and photo op's, of course!  Who makes this stuff up?

• .... What?
    Hand-sewing the pillows was really important to them???????
    Having your bridal party in a semi-circle gave connectedness and grounding for the transition into marriage??????

And the guests got proper chairs. Nothing says "you're my best friends" than a handmade pillow to sit on on the ground rather than a chair. Not a single person looks comfortable. It's not story time in Kindergarten.

Who makes this shit up?

• Every single guest would get a crotch shot from me if I had to sit on the ground and my dress length was anywhere north of my ankles.

• Not to mention anyone with back problems.  An uneven handmade pillow without back support?  No thanks.  My RA will thank you for normal chairs, like a sane and considerate person would provide.  

• levioosa said:
    Not to mention anyone with back problems.  An uneven handmade pillow without back support?  No thanks.  My RA will thank you for normal chairs, like a sane and considerate person would provide.  
    I also have RA and would have a really tough time getting up. That being said, I would probably wear cartoon underwear to add to the show I would be giving all the guests as I got up from the ground in a dress.
  • I didn't read the article but can any of your gracefully get up off the ground (or pillow) in a dress/skirt and heels? Without looking like a tool and/or flashing everyone?

Because I cannot.

I can't get up off the ground gracefully in sweats and sneakers! Too fat and too klutzy, plus restless legs syndrome and mild arthritis would make it hard to sit on a pillow in the first place.
  • My BFF has really bad arthritis in her knees, a pillow on the ground would be very painful for her.

• The photo looks fine, but can you imagine how it must look from the front of the pillow party?  Awkward legs and hands and hunched over backs. There's no comfortable or ergonomic way to make that work. 
  • Those groomsmen looked pissed. 
  • Those groomsmen looked pissed. 
    One might say their feathers were ruffled.
    You win the Internet!
  • The photo looks fine, but can you imagine how it must look from the front of the pillow party?  Awkward legs and hands and hunched over backs. There's no comfortable or ergonomic way to make that work. 
    This was my first (selfish) thought. There is no comfortable and nice looking way to sit on pillows. They probably needed to tell everyone to pose to get one looking as nice as it does.
  • I had to kneel on one of those kneeling bench things at the church the whole ceremony. One of the bridesmaids needed help getting up afterwards. A pillow seems less cruel but still terrible.
  • I had to kneel on one of those kneeling bench things at the church the whole ceremony. One of the bridesmaids needed help getting up afterwards. A pillow seems less cruel but still terrible.
    Wow, that's hardcore, and this is coming from someone who will kneel for half an hour for the rosary.  I've never heard of kneeling for the whole ceremony before.  And at our wedding, if you weren't Catholic, there was no expectation to kneel at all.
  • Had I known I wouldve brought knee pads. Made for pretty pictures though. It looked like we were all worshiping the married/marrying couple.
  • MobKaz said:

Oh, hell no.  It's not about the comfort of the guests.  It is all about the creative unifying ceremony and photo op's, of course!  Who makes this stuff up?

I'm confused, are colorful cushions at a laid back wedding more tacky than a pillow fight in a tux and gown like a pack of seven year olds? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be sneering at here. 
  • MobKaz said:

I'm confused, are colorful cushions at a laid back wedding more tacky than a pillow fight in a tux and gown like a pack of seven year olds? I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be sneering at here. 
    Well, the last comment on this thread was 3months ago, so the conversation is long since over. However I'm guessing you've already made up your mind what you are sneering at.

• Call it a lack of meaningful content on the boards. 
  • Call it a lack of meaningful content on the boards. 

This comment lacks meaningful content. As did your last one.

If you're trying to snark (on the Snarky Brides board), please do! But if you're using your time to say "this wasn't worth my time" then....yea bless your heart honey.

*********************************************************************************

• AddieCake said:
    Call it a lack of meaningful content on the boards. 
    Then why do you bother to log in? If there's nothing appealing to you here, see ya. We'll try to soldier on w/o you. 

How many times do we need to talk about your poor personal quality?
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards