Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday is one day closer to Friday

GOOD MORNING! How are you today? 

I'm freaking frozen! The 'feels like' is 12 degrees right now. TWELVE DEGREES!

I did T25 W3D1 when I got home from work last night while H made dinner. He requested black bean burgers this week so I pulled up an old Home Chef recipe that we made a while ago and put him to work. It was as delicious as I remembered! I relaxed and read for the rest of the night and then went up to bed early but couldn't put my book down so I didn't actually go to sleep until 10:30. I really need to work on not doing that. 

This morning, I forced myself out of bed for today's workout. It was a good one and I was drenched at the end. 

I have a Devils game tonight with H. It's my 2nd to last game of the season since I'm missing the last game while I'm in Chicago and they're doing Fan Appreciation at these games so hopefully we win something good! 

I want to start my packing list for this weekend today and I'll do most of my packing tomorrow night since I have another game on Thursday. I can't believe how soon it is!!!! 

Re: Tuesday is one day closer to Friday

• Options
    Question: has anyone ever had a student loan interest rate suddenly increase?

• Options
    @Swazzle hmm.. I don't think so. Did it raise significantly?
  • Options
    @PamBeesly524 - It went up 0.25%. I'm going to assume it's related to the Fed increasing interest rates a few months ago. I have 2 loans left, both with different banks, and I just logged into the other one and that increased the same amount, I just didn't get a notification about it. Fuckers. 

• Options
    @Swazzle - You'd think you'd at least get a notification..??
  • Options
    @Swazzle that makes me nervous because I never really check to see if my interest rates change.

They are sneaky little effers though- I had to stop automatic deposit with one of my lenders because they were spreading the payment out and paying more to the lower interest loans and basically only paying the accrued interest off the higher interest ones - when I called to cancel auto deposit the guy tried to tell me I couldn't do what I wanted to do. I had to talk to him for 15 minutes before he realized I wasn't going to let it go and he unbundled them for it.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF - I have 2 loans left: 1 through Citibank and 1 through Discover and I got a message from Discover but nothing from Citibank.

• Options
    @PamBeesly524 - That is so shady! Both of mine now have the option online to make an additional payment and apply it however you want to apply it. I have that option with my H's car loan though, they applied my additional payment to my next payment due and told me that there is no other option. SO annoying. 

• Options
    @minskat30 I think she is getting a couple naps with the nanny but no more than an hour apparently. I asked her this past weekend how she was doing with that. I think it's gas unfortunately. She has a sensitive stomach so I'm sure with all these new solid foods, her poor tummy is probably gassier than usual. This morning she was tooting up a storm lol.
  • Options
    @minskat30 - On certain days, the smell doesn't bother me.  Other days, I can't stand the smell of anything.  I just take it as it comes!
  • Options
    Good morning.
    I want to thank everyone for the support yesterday. It was a particularly rough day. Bean and I went to our therapy session, where Noah proceeded to run around and bust his face on the therapists window ledge. I might have to try and find a sitter for nights that we have sessions. Donald is working evenings right now. Anyhow, she talked to Bean for a good bit and said that he's doing just fine...I don't know that I exactly agree with that...and said I'm the bigger issue - which I knew. She said I have 'complex depression' and gave me a recommendation for a psychiatrist. She thinks I need to be on medication. I'm not sure how I feel about that, but I also don't want to keep feeling the way I'm feeling. She also recommended St. Johns Wort and Melatonin. 
    Tonight is soccer and walking with the other moms. Other than that, I'll probably watch a couple of BB episodes on Netflix. I'm halfway through the last season and holy crap...
    Anyhow, I hope everyone has a great day.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    @southerpeach89 - Awww, even Callie toots sound adorable.  ;)  I'm sorry she is gassy.  Can you give her anything to settle the tummy to see if that helps?  Not sure what is safe.

@beanbot2002 - It certainly can't hurt to talk to a psychiatrist...doesn't mean you have to go on meds but there is zero shame in that.  One of my closest friends is on meds for depression and they have really, REALLY helped her.  You do whatever it is you have to do to feel better. Hugs.
  • Options
    jenna8984jenna8984 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2016

@swazzleagain great job on the T25!  Wicked jealous of your upcoming Chicago trip to meet everyone.

@southernpeach89 uugh sorry she's having a hard time sleeping. I don't feel comfortable co-sleeping either but my friend got this little basket type thing for the baby to sleep in bed. It's just a flat mat she lays on but with side walls, if you get desperate enough to look into something like that for your bed.

@cu97tiger Yaaay for your new group and meds, that's great! hope your back heals up quick.

I'm struggling through my month end. Our corporate A/P admin has been out for 2 months with blood clots and the people filling in for her and f-ing up so much and I'm the one who has to reconcile it all so it's a mess for me trying to straighten out payments that they sent at the bank but not in the system.

Other than that, I just feel very "off" lately. I just feel bleh and not myself. Lady at work was asking me for some info and apparently I was responding to her in a very depressing tone because she was like "Are you ok? Are you sick?" And I was like I'm fine but really I was holding back tears, and I don't even know why! Basically had the same exchange with H yesterday. Guess hormones are just doing weird things.

• Options
    @jenna8984 - Hugs to you too...honestly, I've had moments in this pregnancy where I felt like I was a stranger to myself.  Your hormones seriously do make you feel like an entirely different person sometimes.  It will pass, I promise.  In the meantime, try to treat yourself with something.  
  • Options
    @minskat30 Yea we give her gas drops in the morning and at night. She doesn't pas gas much during the day but at night it wakes her up. I think we could probably give her more since she is over 6 months now. I'll have to try it out tonight.
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 - BIG hugs, lady! I'm so glad you and Bean both were able to talk to someone and I hope you make an appointment with the doctor that was referred! It can't hurt and I hope it helps you to feel better soon <3

• Options
    @jenjen047 I'm the same way- no hang outs on weeknights. My meals are planned, my brain is fried, just want to be home in pjs lol.

• Options
    @jenjen047 - The Big Short is on our list of movies to see.  I'm glad you liked it!  H wanted to see in in the theaters but we never got around to it.  Somewhat funny story but when the subprime market crashed I was a few years into being a corporate bankruptcy attorney and I still remember the day a number of institutions started failing.  I was at the zoo one weekend with my nephew and niece in Milwaukee and got a call from one of my bosses in Chicago and the first thing out of his mouth was "where are you!!??" not "hello" so I answered truthfully..."I'm by the monkeys"....he didn't find that amusing.  I had to leave immediately for work and didn't have much of a break for about a year after. 
  • Options
    I just awww'd at your H @twodimes and his way to calm Indy down.  I hope she feels better soon.  It is just the worst feeling in the world when they get sick and can't tell you how they are feeling.  
  • Options
    @Swazzle - My private student loans just went up too, so it must be tied to interest rates.  UGH.

@beanbot2002 - Sending you all the hugs (although I don't know you very well).  I have bipolar disorder and struggle a lot with depression (see: any post I wrote last week), and I am on medication--I'm happy to talk about it if you want to PM me.  

@southernpeach89 - Sending you all the good sleep vibes.  Right after my niece was born, my nephew (2 1/2) decided he was no longer going to sleep through the night.  That lasted a couple of weeks and it resolved itself, so hopefully Callie starts sleeping soon.

@minskat30 - Your H wins the "best ever" award today...cleaning the house = major win.

I am dragging so much today.  I did not sleep well at all last night...first it took me forever to actually get to sleep, and then once I did I had terrible dreams.  I dreamed that I was waiting in an airplane hanger with about 25 others waiting to see our SOs get off the plane from a mission in Afghanistan.  Only people who had survived the mission were getting off the plane...and BF never came.  It was the worst dream I have had in a long time--so realistic that I woke up in tears.  To convince myself he was okay I checked FB and saw that he had liked one of my photos not long before so I know he's alive!

Today is going to be my long teaching day, and then, goshdarnit, I don't care how tired I am, I am going to get a workout in.  I'll probably go to my favorite park and run and then go home and do a little yoga.  And then hopefully I will sleep better tonight.

I did get both of my dream job applications turned in yesterday...so now we wait.
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian Lol I wish this was only happening for a couple of weeks. It has been a few months now. We are hoping it's just a stage she is going through but we will see. Just have to keep telling myself it won't last forever.
  • Options
    Ok, anyone else's work do this???  I just got an email that if you don't take action within 10 days (10 days is not a lot of time for a number of people on or who have been on spring break) then your 401k contribution will be automatically set to a certain percentage of your paycheck (if you are saving more than the percentage they recommend it stays the same).  That seems a little Big Brother to me.  I'm already saving more of my paycheck than the set percentage (I have so much time this year that will be unpaid due to maternity leave and I need to make up the 401k contributions to max it out this year like I have in the last few years) so it won't impact me but I would be irritated if I came back from vacation and had to turn around and change my contribution (which takes several weeks to kick in and out).

@futuremrshistorian - ALL the things crossed that one of your dream job applications turns into an interview (or better yet, both!)!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards