Not Engaged Yet

Hump Day

Good morning. 

I'm not in a great mood today because I had my worst weigh-in since joining Weight Watchers. I know your body doesn't know when weigh in day is and there could be any number of things affecting my weight right now (water weight, my boobs are sore so maybe hormone-related, my muscles are sore from working out) but I did not track anything all weekend while I was away and I can't help but think that has a lot to do with it. To be clear, I'm not complaining about gaining, like, a pound. It's a significant gain and erases the progress I've made in the last 7 weeks so I'm feeling pretty down about it. 

For dinner I'm making pickle-brined baked chicken tenders from Skinnytaste which I'm REALLY looking forward to. And I have to pack for Chicago tonight! 

I started reading 'Pretty Girls' by Karin Slaughter this morning and I'm really into it! It's short and work has been dead so I think I'll finish it pretty quickly. 

That's all I got today. 

Re: Hump Day

• @Swazzle - That sucks.  Even though you know that realistically, it's probably not actual weight, it still sucks to see that.  I hope next weigh-in is better for you.

I'm also not in a good mood.  Yesterday I had a bad day (physically).  I went home from work and got in bed.  Only got out to pee and eat some food that H made for me.  And then went for a run to train for his half marathon in June.  So I was irrationally mad at that, because I want to go for a run.  And then, I check out FB this morning and what is the first thing I see?  A memory from one year ago, my first post-tumor 1 mile run.  THANKS UNIVERSE!!!  I get that this doesn't matter in the long run, but today I just side-eye it all.

This morning I ate a piece of cantaloupe and then puked.  It was bile+cantaloupe and awful.  Now I have a rash on my face that can't be hidden, and I'm supposed to meet with some new customers from D.C. today.  So now I'm drinking some iced coffee and eating some eggs to try and cover up the awful taste and get some food down.

Oh well.  Hopefully the rest of today will be nice and I'll end up having a good day overall.  K is still asleep so I'm enjoying the peace and quiet.

• @southernpeach89 - SO glad Callie -- and YOU! -- got some sleep last night! 

• @swazzle I'm so sorry you had a bad weigh-in. I've been there so I know exactly what you are going through. I always find though that after a bad week, I usually have a huge loss, so I'm hoping the same for you!! Hugs. 

@CocoBellaF Sorry you had a bad day yesterday and not so great morning. I hope things turn around!

@SouthernPeach89 Glad Callie slept for you! Can't believe she is on the move already and getting into everything. Things are about to get fun for you! LOL.

Last night I got home and finished up the leftover laundry from the weekend. Since I did nothing on Monday night I had a ton to do. Then I cleaned up the kitchen and dishes. BF got home late so we didn't do the gym. Kind of sucked, but it was gym and eat dinner at 9/9:30 or not gym. We had turkey breast for dinner and they were so good. I never got to packing either...

Tonight I have to pack. For real this time! I want to get to the gym too, so if he thinks he'll be out late I will go without him. Also it's the first of the two part Idol finale so I want to watch that too. I love La'Porcha and really want her to win it, so I will be rooting for her. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @southernpeach89 - YAY CALLIE!!!!

@caseface5 - I haven't really been keeping up with AI, except for one male singer that everyone keeps posting about on FB.  I've been watching clips of The Voice as it comes up on YouTube, and there are a few that I really like.  I'll have to listen to the one you like on AI!

@jenna8984 - All the yummy food!!  And happy birthday to your great-grandma.  104??  That's amazing.

• @cocobellaf is it Dalton? I have the biggest dorky high school crush on Dalton, even though he's not my "type" at all!! lol

• @jenna8984 - No, it is (googling!) Trent.
  • @CocoBellaF @jenna8984 I like Trent too. I want it to be La'Porcha and Trent in the finale but I fear Dalton might make it for the exact reason @jenna8984 said. He's good, don't get me wrong, I just like the other two better.
    friends tv show funy
  • @Swazzle I'm sorry about your weigh in.. Just remember all of the ass-kicking your doing with your workouts - the next one will be better! I'm also reading Pretty Girls - so far it's pretty good!

@CocoBellaF - I hope today is better for you!

@southernpeach89 - congrats on the sleep! It must have felt so nice.

@caseface5 - I don't blame you for not making it to the gym, I could never eat that late and then get a good night's sleep.

@jenna8984 -104!? That's incredible.

Not much going on here... I tried to run after work yesterday but only made it a mile up the road before my lungs were burning because it was so damn cold. Hoping to try again today - my running plan has been so off due to the weather, it's frustrating. 

I also laid awake in bed for over an hour last night, my mind was racing so much that I couldn't sleep. I was mostly thinking about work... Which hasn't ever really happened at this job and I'm getting worried that my time here is running out. Which sucks because I love the place, I just don't know if I can keep up with the workload that our department expects us to carry right now with no end in sight. I'm trying to stay positive because I want to stay here and I hate interviewing, but I have to think of my quality of life as well.

• Thanks everyone.  Really, I'm just being whiny.  I'm getting over it.

• @caseface5 I heard the radio talking about American Idol this morning and it kind of made me want to watch it since it's the last season. I heard they are bringing back all the old judges tonight too.

@Jenna8984 YUMMMM I love edible arrangements and donuts! Whoop!

@TwoDimes How is Indy doing this morning?

@Pambeesly524 Aw I'm sorry...I hate those kind of nights. I hope you can find some answers soon on your job.
  • @Swazzle  I read somewhere that muscle can weigh more than fat, so it could just be a middle transition time. Don't feel down, numbers shouldn't change the work you've done and you've done great :smiley: 

@southernpeach89  yay sleep!!

@CocoBellaF :( that's awful, I hope you feel better.

@jenna8984 holy! 104!! Is she still in decent health?

@PamBeesly524 Does that mean you'll be jobless or are you moving within the company?

Last night I wanted to throw laundry in or do dishes, but neither got done. Matt has a pinched nerve in his back {still functioning, just sore} and I'm pretty sure it's his sciatic nerve. We were suppose to go see my mum last night and I ended up going alone, which was fine.
    On my pinterest I have a secret board for future baby stuff, because a lot of my friends have kids and they'll pin things. I made the board for future reference and it's secret because I also have family on my pinterest so I don't want them seeing it unless I'm pregnant {and announced} Anyways I was showing my mum some stuff, and she was impressed by the things I had {clothes, stuff, things that could help baby calm, swaddling, etc} and then we talked about how future nursery stuff would be done.
    I did show her what @jenna8984  had as decals, and my mum loved it but wants to kind of build on that. Since my mum's place is near a foresty area, we're going to do a woodland theme. She wants to do gender neutral so she can start early lmao

I was there for a couple hours and now have so many dishes to do tonight. Guhhh lol

A few things I realized this morning that I'll be glad for when we buy a house. Extra bathrooms and dishwasher lmao!
  • @MissKittyDanger oops, sorry if I wasn't clear - definitely not jobless, just more reflecting on whether or not it's time for me to look elsewhere for a position. I moved to a new position back in Sept and am currently in charge of the temp that is doing my old job, also doing my new job and am working on a huge company-wide systems project that is taking up lots of time meetings-wise. Not to mention that the director position for our dept. is currently empty, so a lot of that work is trickling down to my team. I'm trying to decide if essentially doing 3 jobs is sustainable for me. 

• @PamBeesly524  Ohhh okay. Jeez that is super busy, no wonder you're stressed out :\
  • @TwoDimes - Knowing your H, Indy will be spoiled rotten all weekend and will hardly miss you.  ;)
  • @Swazzle - Hugs.  I understand...I gained back about half of what I had lost when I was doing my Dubai/Budapest traveling last month and it made me super cranky.

@southernpeach89 - YAAAAAY!  I am doing my happy dance for sleep!

@everybody going to the GTG - I am so jealous and want to come spend fun times with you guys but I can't booooo.  (I will admit to looking at plane tickets this morning just because I want a fun weekend.)

I am also crabby this morning and don't really have a good reason why.  I am missing BF like crazy the last few days (more than normal) and I didn't sleep well again (although thank goodness no awful nightmares).  Also, this is so dumb, but lots of people on my FB have gotten engaged/married/had babies within the last couple of months, and I think I'm suffering a bit of jealousy!  Just blargh.

I'm at work but I'm hiding in my office.  We have an awards ceremony at noon, and one of the other profs from my department is getting an award, so I'll be going to that, but otherwise I'm going to hide in here and pretend to work.
  • Question: how do you pronounce anything that ends in -leigh? I keep seeing this on baby name boards as a replacement for lee/ley (such as Bentleigh, Everleigh). I mean not only does it look terrible in my eyes but am I the only one who think in English it's pronounced LAY? I read that as Bentlay so I don't understand why so many people think it's ok substitution for -Ley.

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    @eilis1228 I made breakfast for dinner last night, great for nights when you have no energy.  And yeah, this mechanic is ridiculous, he won't answer my bf anymore and when we drove by my car was no where to be seen.  I may just take my car back and find someone else.  I really don't like this guy.

@jenna8984 definitely the ay sound, and not the ey sound.  I don't understand a lot of spellings for names anymore.  I feel bad for teachers who have to pronounce all these weird spellings for common names. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards