Wedding Etiquette Forum

Friends' photography

2»

Re: Friends' photography

•  I don't understand why people always say photos are all you have left of the wedding. That isn't true. You have a marriage.
    PREACH
  •  I don't understand why people always say photos are all you have left of the wedding. That isn't true. You have a marriage.
    PREACH
    Nope! But how are you going to post wedding photos on facebook every day for a month after your wedding, and then on Throw Back Thursday for the rest of your life?  Com'on people!  Your wedding is invalid if you can't annoy your friends and family with photos of it for the rest of your life.  
  • I know other people pointed this out, but I just want to reiterate that getting student photographers for super cheap, or even for free is definitely a thing. We did have a paid photographer, but a client of my husbands mentioned her daughter (just out of highschool or first year in college) wanted to be a photographer, and she was pretty good, and she would love to take pictures at our wedding for free to get the experience. We said sure! Let our photographer know who was perfectly cool with it, and she ended up snapping one of my favorite pictures from the entire event! She didn't know how to do all the cool, artistic posed photos like the pro did, but she had a great eye for capturing moments as they happen.

Even our professional was cheap compared to the established ones because we found him on craigs list. He had worked for a famous photographer before that, but it was his second year striking out on his own and he needed to build up his wedding portfolio. So either way, it works very well
  • I'm glad you found some solution to work in your budget. Kind of an aside and definitely I don't mean it as an attack on anyone, but I don't understand why people always say photos are all you have left of the wedding. That isn't true. You have a marriage. If you aren't a big picture person, don't worry about it. I think I've seen one picture of my parents' wedding ever. They probably have more but who cares. It is actually the marriage that matters when the wedding is over, not the photos of it. I hope no one takes this offensively since I don't mean it to start a thing but you don't have to make photos important to you if they aren't really. Really each couple just needs to be happy with what they do with their budget.
    I'm a photog and I whole heartedly agree with this. I was fortunate enough to inherite one of the two photos from grandparents' wedding. Imagine that, 2 generations ago people had 2 to 4 photos if their wedding day. 1 generation ago you had 2 or 3 rolls, so less than 50 images. Now, if you have less than a thousand images your wedding is ruined... Sad state Of affairs, and I'm a photog. 

P.S. photography was not the most important thing to me. Food, drinks, the minister /ceremony, wedding bands, to name a few ranked above photos. In fact, my wedding video is more treasured than my photos bc I can hear DH say his vows.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards