Pre-wedding Parties
Options

Ladies Luncheon ideas

I am having a tea party "Time for tea with the bride to be" It is Alice in Wonderland themed. it is for bridesmaids, mothers, grandmothers and my aunt and cousin.

(I am not super close with a few of the bridesmaids and I want them to feel comfortable.)- they are future sister in laws

Other than eating- can you think of anything activity/game we could do?

most of those "bridal shower" games are SUPER cheesy and they are all about the bride- I want this day to be about all the ladies involved in the wedding to thank them for all they have done and will do :)

Re: Ladies Luncheon ideas

• Options

I am having a tea party "Time for tea with the bride to be" It is Alice in Wonderland themed. it is for bridesmaids, mothers, grandmothers and my aunt and cousin.

(I am not super close with a few of the bridesmaids and I want them to feel comfortable.)- they are future sister in laws

most of those "bridal shower" games are SUPER cheesy and they are all about the bride- I want this day to be about all the ladies involved in the wedding to thank them for all they have done and will do :)

Nope.  Just have good food, good drink, and plenty of it.  You don't have to invent extra projects for people to enjoy themselves.  Have some background music so it's not completely quiet if people aren't talking right-at-this-moment.  Have fun.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Where is this party being held?

I am all for eating and drinking.

I can think of a few fun adult activities- paint night, pottery painting, mani/pedi, etc. But those are out of most people's budget for hosting a party and no one wants to deal with paint in their nice clothes.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    What a fun idea! How about croquet (flamingos optional)?

All kidding aside, board or card games or parlor games like 20 Questions or charades might be fun. Or depending upon your venue, outdoor games like bocce.
  • Options
    There was someone that had an awesome suggestion for a game in another thread. They set a timer and when it rang off, the gift giver of the gift currently being opened got a bottle of wine or other gift. That is a game I can get behind. I also don't mind a quick introduction of "how do you know the bride" right at the beginning. 
  • Options
    lc07lc07 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I'm confused as to who is hosting this party and who it is honoring. It sounds like you are hosting it OP and want it to be a thank you to your nearest and dearest but the "Time for Tea with the Bride to Be" part sounds like you are the guest of honor?
  • Options
    lc07 said:
    I'm confused as to who is hosting this party and who it is honoring. It sounds like you are hosting it OP and want it to be a thank you to your nearest and dearest but the "Time for Tea with the Bride to Be" part sounds like you are the guest of honor?
    I am wondering this, too... Your comment about not being close with the bridesmaids makes it sound like you are a BM, not the bride, but everything else makes it sound like you're hosting your own shower (which is an etiquette no-no).

If you're hosting the shower for the bride (as in, you're not the bride), then I agree w/PPs advice. If you're hosting a shower in your own honor, you should consider not having it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    lc07 said:
    I am wondering this, too... Your comment about not being close with the bridesmaids makes it sound like you are a BM, not the bride, but everything else makes it sound like you're hosting your own shower (which is an etiquette no-no).

If you're hosting the shower for the bride (as in, you're not the bride), then I agree w/PPs advice. If you're hosting a shower in your own honor, you should consider not having it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

@Knottie1439825744, you mention in another post that your wedding party has not been very supportive.  You also mention that some of your BM's are future sisters in law.  It sounds as if you plan on hosting a variation of a "getting to know you" tea for everyone.  That is perfectly acceptable.

However, sometimes trying to "force" people to get to know each other becomes, well......forced.  Your family and/or wedding party members do not need to become best friends, or even need to meet much beyond the actual wedding.  It is a lovely gesture, but an unnecessary one.  I say this merely to point out that you should not feel disappointed, nor take it personally, if some of the guests decline the invitation.

Your "motive" behind this invitation concerns me.  I can only read between the few lines you have posted.  It sounds as if some WP members have not been supportive, but you do not specify whether that support is financial, emotional, or physical.  If you care to thank some of your guests for things they have done on your behalf, that is best done privately.  Please do not attempt to do this to instill guilt or spur others on to action.  More concerning is your desire to "thank them for what they will do".  No one is required to do anything at all.  I hope your invitation is not a "trojan horse" with the intent being to actually ask them to perform any duties for your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards