Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Gifts for bridesmaids for throwing shower? In addition to gifts for being in wedding?

Hi everyone

My bridesmaids are hosting my shower for me. Do I get them a gift and give it to them at the shower for hosting it?  It would be seperate from the gifts I give them at the rehearsal dinner. 

Thanks!

Re: Gifts for bridesmaids for throwing shower? In addition to gifts for being in wedding?

• Options
    I think you'd be good with a hand-written thank you note to each girl.  A small gift card to a favorite store or restaurant wouldn't hurt, but I wouldn't put more than $10 on it unless it's in your budget.  
  • Options
    I would send a thank you note after the event so that you can include personalized details in each note. A small thank you gift (plant, gift card or bottle of wine could accompany). 
  • Options
    I gave umbrellas...get it shower, umbrella?? And who couldn't use an extra good umbrella?
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    I gave umbrellas...get it shower, umbrella?? And who couldn't use an extra good umbrella?
    Cute and practical.  :)
  • Options
    This is a nice idea -- along with heartfelt thank-you notes.  
  • Options

It's always appropriate to bring a small hostess gift.   

• Options
    This is great! I hope you don't mind me stealing this idea.
  • Options
    I think a note and a small gift are appropriate.  The umbrella idea is awesome.  The times I've received a hostess gifts were bath bombs from lush, a bottle of of wine, and one friend gave a small gift card to starbucks.  Agreed that it doesn't need to be more than $10. 
  • Options
    thank you all! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards