Pre-wedding Parties
Options

"Active" Bachelorette Party Ideas

My sister is throwing me a small bachelorette with some close college friends in our hometown/area, but we've both been gone too long to know what there actually is! I’d like to do something active or with an activity—like where we talk and catch up, but aren’t just sitting at a dinner table. It will be mid-May in Michigan, so I have thought about maybe kayak rentals, but weather might be temperamental. I’ve also poked around at the idea of brewery tastings, paint party things, and have asked some of the local friends but does anyone have any other ideas? Timing is limited, so this will be a late afternoon or afternoon into evening gig most likely. 

Anyone have any other ideas? I’m not above line dancing =)

Re: "Active" Bachelorette Party Ideas

• Options
    Agree with @levioosa. Just sit back and let the planner figure out what to do. I'm assuming that you are wanting to be helpful, but the bride really shouldn't be part of the planning other than offering up guests to be invited (within the number the host can accommodate) and letting the host know if there are any no-go ideas (i.e. no strippers).
  • Options
    Agree with PPs. If she's looking for advice, let her know you don't care, but maybe the WP members have thoughts - or send her here!

In other words, deflect advice-giving to other people. ;)
  • Options
    If you and your sister have been out of the area for some time, perhaps she could ask for suggestions on the local Michigan boards.
  • Options
    As PPs have said, you shouldn't be involved in the planning of your own bach party. However, I personally don't see anything wrong with giving the person planning it some ideas of what you'd like to do. I like to do a lot of active things, and this is what I'd suggest:

Kayaking 
    White water rafting (not sure if this is an option near you?)
    Hiking/picnic 
    An adventure course - we have one near us that's a whole zipline/obstacle thing in the trees and it's really fun
    Indoor or outdoor rock climbing
  • Options
    msuprincess04msuprincess04 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2016

Not sure where you are in MI, but here's some ideas.

I went to a bowling bachelorette a few years ago in Novi, Michigan (Lucky Strike). It was inexpensive, and enough activity to keep you busy, if you wanted, but not so active as to exclude those who just aren't active people.

My mom threw me a mid-day party at a paint and sip place in Farmington, MI (Painting with a twist). They let you bring in your own drinks, so some girls brought champagne and orange juice and we grabbed pizza afterwards.

"There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness." -Friedrich Nietzsche, "On Reading and Writing"
  • Options
    Whirly ball. 
  • Options
    We did duckpin bowling for mine
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards