Wedding Etiquette Forum

How to word "congratulations" card

Hi Knotties - 

Question on the etiquette of a situation. Someone I've met professionally and admire greatly is having a small destination wedding in a few weeks. She invited me and my SO to her home for a dinner party for a "going away party" for her DW. I'm not invited to the wedding. This is a fairly new friend - it's a woman very established in my field / location who I've met at events and would LOVE  to have a stronger relationship with. As I mentioned previously, I admire her a lot and am looking forward to spending more time with her when the craziness settles down. 

Now, I don't want to debate the etiquette of her party (since according to the "rules") it's dicey I guess, but I am honored to be invited and am really looking forward to attending. I plan to bring a card and a bottle of wine (as I would do any time I'm invited to someone's house for dinner). The question - how do I word the card?

1.) I do not know her FI's name. I tried searching for their registry online but couldn't find anything. Is it weird to just address the card to the woman I know?
2.) What's the appropriate wording - "congratulations on your upcoming wedding!"? It just feels odd because they're not recently engaged.

Any opinions?

Re: How to word "congratulations" card

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards