Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

How do these colors look?

We picked out bridesmaid dresses a few weeks ago (although no one has ordered yet, wedding isn't until November but we went shopping when all bridesmaids were in state). I wasn't picky about choices, some girls wanted Navy until they actually tried on navy and didn't like it so we went with burgundy. I have 6 bridesmaids and 4 loved the burgundy but 2 wanted something light so they went with a blush dress. I'm not really into fashion so I don't really know how things should look together. The 4 dresses with the straps will be in the Wine color that you see (not the blue) 3 girls are wearing the lower cut sweetheart one and 1 is wearing the higher cut sweetheart. Then 2 girls are wearing the blush dress (my MOH and 1 BM). I'm sorry if that's confusing. So what do you think, will these colors look nice together? I found a picture online of 6 bridesmaids with 4 in burgundy and 2 in pink and thought it looked nice but I'd just like to get some opinions from people that probably know more about this than I do. One of the girls suggested taking the hem that gets cut from the burgundy dress and letting the girls in the blush dress use it as the belt instead of the blush one that comes with their dress to kind of tie it all in but I don't know, what do you think?

Re: How do these colors look?

• Options
    I think the burgundy and the blush look great together. Don't change the belt on the blush dress.
    Agree on both counts!
  • Options

Leave the dresses independent of eachother - don't expect BM's who've paid for a dress to donate their extra fabric if any to the cause, but really, it'd look odd..

It really all will "work" together at the end of the day once you add the flowers.  Whether you're in to fashion or not doesn't matter if you're questioning the look yourself as not quite what you're hoping for, that's o.k. - this is one of those times "Speak now or forever hold your peace" before everyone places their order - if you don't like it say so!  It's really o.k. to say "you know, I've looked at it and looked at it, and while I'm not big into fashion it just doesn't sit well with me in this combination, let's keep looking..."

• Options
    Thanks ladies! I will have them leave the original belts on the blush dress. It was 2 of the girls wearing the burgundy dress idea to give the girls in the blush their extra fabric so that was all their ideas, I wasn't asking them to donate it. I think the colors look good together but I also think navy and black look good together too and I've been told those are clashing colors so I just wanted some opinions from others :) 
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I will have them leave the original belts on the blush dress. It was 2 of the girls wearing the burgundy dress idea to give the girls in the blush their extra fabric so that was all their ideas, I wasn't asking them to donate it. I think the colors look good together but I also think navy and black look good together too and I've been told those are clashing colors so I just wanted some opinions from others :) 
    this is old fashion advice, like not wearing brown and black together. I'm not sure it's been relevant since at least 2000, when I became aware of fashion. 

(I'm asking my bridesmaids to wear black, and my FI is asking the groomsladies to wear navy)
  • Options
    I hope it's old fashion advice because I wear black and brown together a lot LOL. Ya I didn't understand the black and navy thing, I think they look good together but it was my older aunt that told me that so that's probably why. 
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I think the colours look great together.
  • Options
    totally worked in this wedding:
    http://www.weddingchicks.com/2016/04/28/napa-valley-elegant-blush-and-pink-wedding/

They were a little more wine colored than your burgundy, but I think it will look great.

• Options
    I love those colors together and I don't think they clash at all. And I really love that blush dress!
  • Options
    omg the pink veil that's she's wearing is amazing! Thank you :) I love the blush one too, I almost wanted to buy one for myself lol 
  • Options
    They're very different colors but they definitely go together. I think it will look nice :) I agree with others not to use the darker color dress as a belt for the lighter dresses 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards