Not Engaged Yet

Finally Friday!

Re: Finally Friday!

• @labro do you have to pay to drop stuff at the dump? I'm telling you, the South gets some things right! My parents in SC pay like $10 a year and they can bring anything they want. Up here in MA, it's the biggest ripoff ever- they charge you $30-100 PER ITEM. Like a small item (computer) would be $30 and a large item (couch/ mattress) $100! It's ridiculous and they wonder why scumbags "dump" stuff in the beautiful state forests and side of the highway. When we did our kitchen last year, I paid $500 to dispose of everything.

This state seriously charges you for any- and every-thing! You want a bonfire? That's a $10 permit from the fire department. You want to fish in the pond in your backyard? That's a $25 fishing permit.

• @speakeasy14 Umm...solid foods don't really bother her that much lol. She does have a sensitive stomach towards certain things but so do I lol. It's all trial and error. If we notice she has a bad reaction to something then we lay off of it. There isn't really something we could give her to help a sensitivity per se. We give her gas drops for gas but as for food sensitivities it's all about paying attention and avoiding foods that don't sit well with her. We could always reintroduce it at a later time.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    @labro due date is Wednesday so not late yet.  I think we still have another week at least.  Seriously this mechanic is the worst! My bf was trying to give him some credit since he quoted us so low, but I would rather spend twice as much and have my car back, than deal with this jackass.  

@southernpeach89 whoops reading comprehension fail haha for some reason I thought you had said since switching to solid foods her tummy has gotten really sensitive. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenna8984 Ummmm I am not actually sure lol! We'll have to probably pay a small fee but I don't think it will be anything ridiculous.

• @beachyone15 - Same! I always find it strange when people don't like alone time away from their SO. 

@speakeasy14 - YAY! I hope Emmy makes her appearance soon!

• @labro Yeah I'm not too into this house we're going to see but H wants to see it so I want to be fair. If there's something that looks great I do want to go to the open house because if we loved it and felt like it was "the one" then we'd just go ahead and put it an offer in since his credit isn't so bad that we'd be screwed or anything. The first OH we went to we naively though it was going to be the perfect house when the listing came out so we didn't want to pass it up.
    I can't wait to go to actual appointments though and hopefully tour a house with just our broker! It doesn't help that I am the most impatient person in the world.

• @speakeasy14 Lol no. She does have a lactose sensitivity but we will worry about that when she starts eating more dairy. She has actually had a good adjustment so far. There have been a couple things that caused minor issues like the peas gave her some diarrhea but her doctor thinks she just caught a bug and then we just need to be cautious with foods with high acidity because with their digestive systems...everything kind of comes straight out as it went in lol sooo...you have to think all that acid probably will cause a rash.
  • labrolabro member
    @lavenderfields13 That makes sense. :) I am not trying to be such a downer on open houses...I just feel like they tend to seriously put on the pressure at them to BUY NOW! KWIM? I like seeing a house with just MY realtor there, nobody else to bother me, and think about it without being influenced by other people's thoughts and opinions.

• Wow two pages!!

@cocobellaf glad you're GD test went well!!

Nothing going on today, I was supposed to work for my friend but after yesterday she found an excuse to tell me not to come, which is okay with me! I'm gonna go grocery shopping and hit the gym and then find some other ways to be productive because I can't just have a day of nothing, apparently lol. 

What's your favorite day of the week?
    I don't have one at the moment. They are all pretty lackluster for me lol
    How late do you usually sleep on the weekends?
    Never past 7:30 because I always work on the weekends. 
    Do you have a favorite weekend breakfast?
    nope
    If you're not going anywhere or having anyone over, do you shower?
    If I haven't worked out that day or done anything really strenuous, no.
    Do you dress differently on the weekends vs at work/during the week?
    Not really, I wear jeans and sneakers and a tshirt to work, which is what I end up wearing during my downtime anyway lol unless I'm home all day in which case I'm wearing something from my extensive pajama collection lol
    If the weekend was 3 days, would you rather have off on Friday or off on Monday?
    Off on Monday
  • @labro No I totally get what you mean! It's overwhelming with tons of other people there and you can't say what you want until you get outside lol.

• labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes I think one of the ONLY things I miss about living in SD was Menard's! I love them so much more than Lowe's and HD!

Also you are ALWAYS welcome in the Bro Household!

• @TwoDimes whatever it was more interesting that we trekked through weather anyway hahaha
  • @TwoDimes - I'm only 27% done! This one is longer than the others. I need to read faster :smile: 

• @TwoDimes Congrats on paying off your car! I paid mine off last year too and I was SO EXCITED!! Oh and I think a new grill is definitely a top priority and needs to be at the top of the list :)

• Blech, I think I'm going to go home early and work from bed.  My back is KILLING me sitting or standing at this point.  Called the doctor's office to make sure I don't have to go in and they were very reassuring that this pain is unfortunate as the baby nestles lower into my hips but not abnormal.  

I hope you all have a great weekend!  :) 
  • Feeling for you @minskat30!  I hope you get some relief soon.

@wink0erin - The actual wedding is at a restaurant.
  • @labro - If I go in public sans bra it's because I'm wearing multiple shirts under a hoodie. I am also jealous of those who can do it regularly! It sounds so comfortable!

@minskat30 - Feel better, lady! I hope your back gets some relief this afternoon!

• labrolabro member
    @Swazzle That pizza clock is incredible!!

• @labro - That was an anniversary or birthday gift from H!

• labrolabro member
    edited April 2016
    @AlPacina I think the second dress works better for an outdoor reception. Both dresses are super pretty but I would wear the second dress again and again!

ETA: I think both would look very pretty even with your BF in a suit. Do your hair nicely, wear some pretty jewelry and nice shoes and you're set!

ETA No 2. If I were Kate Middleton I would wear that second dress.

• @labro That is me this week. I miss having smaller boobs. Sometimes even on the weekends I have to like tuck my shirt under them just because of the sweat. Boobs are kind of gross and annoying. 
    @Alpacina I've had a few times where I took a bra off for lounging at home between work and going out and totally forgot to put it back on before heading back out. Not too bad if I'm layering, but totally awkward if I'm not.

• @AlPacina - I absolutely LOVE the second one and you need to buy it right now. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards