Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Gifts at bachelorette?

Hi all,

my bridesmaids are throwing me a bachelorette in a few weeks, and I'm wondering whether I should be giving them/other friends gifts at that? I was planning to give out wedding party gifts at the rehearsal dinner, or while getting ready on the day-of, but now second-guessing.

So deep into planning mode for the wedding, but (by its nature) haven't been involved in any part of bachelorette planning, so want to make sure I'm not dropping the ball on anything. Beyond packing a bag and having a great time, are there any traditional bridal responsibilities?

Thanks!

Re: Gifts at bachelorette?

• Options
    To the best of my knowledge, bachelorette parties are not gift giving occasions for either the WP or bride.  I think there are some circles who give lingerie to the bride, but I've never heard of the bride giving her friends something.  

• Options
    A small hostess gift (wine, candles, chocolate, or gift card) would be appropriate.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Agree with the above. B parties are not usually gift giving events (I have also seen lingerie given to the bride), but a hostess gift is never wrong.
  • Options
    Hostess gift is a nice gesture especially if they're taking on a lot of planning or expense
  • Options
    Agree with above. I would advise giving anything at an event. I really feel like thank you gifts should be done in person and in private.
  • Options
    I had a combined shower/bachelorette and I gave my BMs a framed picture of them and their SO or their kids or just a nice picture of them in frames that matched their home styles. And after I wrote them all thank you letters. 
  • Options
    I sent thank you cards to everyone who attended my bachelorette and sent flowers to the BM who planned everything.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    laurad75 said:
    I sent thank you cards to everyone who attended my bachelorette and sent flowers to the BM who planned everything.  
    That's a good idea! 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• Options
    I sent thank you cards to everyone that attended, small Starbucks gift cards to my bridesmaids for helping with everything (and as a thank you for the small gift they jointly gave me), and a 3-month Birchbox to my MOH who planned pretty much all of it.  

• Options
    I gave my bridal party, who threw and attended the bachelorette party, their gifts at the rehearsal dinner, when we gave everyone else gifts. Their gifts included heartfelt cards. I didn't do anything extra in terms of thanking them specifically for the bachelorette party. 

They put together a nice gift for me that they gave me at the party, however. It was essentially a basket of "essentials" for the honeymoon, such as sunblock and a sunhat, and a couple more risque things. This is pretty typical in our circle. I of course thanked them for the gift!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards