Not Engaged Yet

It's Monday

Re: It's Monday

• @misskittydanger LOL that would be convenient! Probably black & white floral design because the loops can easily be transformed into round flower edges or if he needs to do one big black flower over it that's fine because I plan the whole piece to be quite large and wrap down my forearm.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @jenna8984 Nope. I mean it's not a big deal, we paid him his rate for a week's worth of labor and it's not really any one person's fault that we had delays at the beginning of the week. But we thought we had him until the job was complete and we don't. If we wanted to sit back and wait for an opening on his schedule then we could, but I want this project done, I don't want to wait two weeks or more for him to come back and work again.

Also I forgot to respond re: your hair ordeal! That is such a bunch of BS! I'm sorry you didn't feel comfortable in asking for the price you were quoted.

• @cu97tiger @KeptInStitches yes, soupy... Basically when you make homemade ice cream you have to freeze the kitchenaid attachment beforehand. Then you have to make the batter on the stove, then let it cool overnight. Once it's chilled, you churn it in the frozen attachment - that's what gives it the creamy consistency. Then you have soft serve ice cream! You put it in the freezer and it turns to hard ice cream. I'm not sure if my attachment wasn't frozen enough or if there was something wrong in the batter :(

@jenna8984 I'm so sorry about your hair! I would be really pissed too, but I totally get feeling uncomfortable about mentioning the discount - even if she promised it to you beforehand it's still awkward to bring up.

• @labro oh gotcha, you basically paid for their "quoted" 40 hours or whatever and they did do those hours but weren't able to finish yet. I thought you were going to pay them for 40 hours if they only worked 20 or something like that.

• @Swazzle sorry just saw your post re: Scandal.. I'm NOT caught up. I actually started watching it for the first time when H went out of town a month ago... I'm already almost through Season 4! They don't have Season 5 on Netflix so I'll have to find it elsewhere but it is so freakin good.
  • PamBeesly524PamBeesly524 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2016
    @AlPacina YAAAS the dress! I'm glad it worked for you - it looks awesome on you!

Edit: it's funny that you posted the pic today because on FB they have that "on this day" thing and apparently today last year was my bridal shower - so many pics of me wearing that dress popped up! :)
  • @PamBeesly524 - I was feeling terrible about myself that day because I was all bloated. And then I put the dress on and immediately felt skinny and adorable. It's so flattering! You have great taste!

• @alpacina woohoo have a good time!!

• @AlPacina - Loving that dress on you!

@eilis1228 - Welcome back! Wish I had some of that dessert!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Update on my sandal search: I was thiiiiiis close to buying Swazzles birkenstocks but then I found some Jack Rogers on sale at Nordstrom for $89... I guess they're last year's colors or whatever. But I got black ones and I'm happy because I know they are dressy and comfortable.

Also, has anyone heard of Thinx? They are underwear that are supposed to replace tampons during your period. My friend has some pairs and RAVES about them so I bit the bullet and bought some over the weekend. Curious to see how they work out. You can return them after 60 days if you don't like them but all I can about is putting used underwear in the mail...ewww.
  • @eilis1228 Yeah I'd like all the food you had, but especially that tiramisu.  Tiramisu is my favorite and I am always willing to try it in different forms. 
  • @pambeesly524 Ew, I can't even picture how that is supposed to work/absorb...

• labrolabro member
    @PamBeesly524 EWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! I  mean, I guess I hope they work so you don't have to put used undies back in the mail. I've heard of THINX too but I don't think they are for me. I thought they were developed for young women in rural parts of Africa who may not have easy access to feminine hygiene products and/or not an easy way to dispose of them?

@eilis1228 All I have to say after all this is I am in even greater appreciation of the people who do this contracting/home improvement work every damn day for a career. It is HARD and very meticulous work!

• @eilis1228 - My dad has been in and out of the hospital for 4ish months now. He has cellulitis in his leg which is really painful. Luckily, it didn't spread to the joint which would be significantly worse and he's getting IV antibiotics in the hospital. He might be able to come home tomorrow. While he was there the last time, they discovered a heart issue which they'll deal with once the infection is under control because it involves surgery. 

• @PamBeesly524 - I'm sad we won't be shoe twins! 

Re: Thinx - I don't understand. Do you bleed in the underwear? With nothing to dispose of when you use the bathroom? I'm really hating the idea of physically sitting in period blood all day long. 

• @eilis1228 - Yes, it was the Oasis. We had only been there once before (must have been a weeknight, bc there was no one there) but Saturday night was obviously crazy - probably more so than we thought. We even asked our waitress what's the best thing on the menu and her response was, "well, we're really known for the views". Sooooo....what you're saying is that everything on the menu is mediocre? Not what I wanted to hear after a 2-hour wait, but we were so hungry that it all tasted good.

• @beachyone15 LOL the waitress was 100% correct. Mediocre food with fantastic views! The drinks are good too. It was a lot better before it burned down about 10 years ago. It was a lot smaller too-- not the huge complex it currently is. At least they keep everyone entertained during the long waits with all the shopping, drinks, and live music!

@Swazzle Oh my gosh, I had no idea! I'm so sorry! I'm glad he's getting all the help he needs, and I hope they're able to get rid of the infection ASAP so they can focus on his heart. <3 

@labro Right?! House reno work is so intense. I can't believe there are people out there doing it full time. It's so exhausting! You and your H are champs for taking on the work and doing it over the entire weekend.

@wink0erin 1. Your house is gorgeous! 2. My jaw dropped while reading about your BF's mom. WOW. I'm so glad your BF stood up for you guys-- that's huge! I'm sorry she was so thoughtless and hurtful. 3. I'm sorry your chocolate cake didn't work out. :( I'm glad you were able to make it work, even if it wasn't in time for the Seder. You are such a great girlfriend.

• @jenna8984 @Swazzle @labro I hear you guys, I'm literally feeling the same way you are but they are so intriguing that I have to find out. I've heard that you don't sit in anything - the underwear is literally so absorbing that you feel completely dry the entire day. I'm a tampon girl, so the idea of just dripping away with nothing to block it really weirds me out, but it's totally worth a shot IMO because I hate tampons and having to always make sure I have them/stuff one up my sleeve to walk to the bathroom or whatever.

• @eilis1228 - Thank you!!! <3

• URGH, y'all.

So, BF's contract was outbid by another company, and they started salary negotiations with the new company this week.  The company offered him the wonderful perk of having his pay cut by a significant margin.  This is pretty typical of new contracts, but I'm shocked.  The amount they're cutting is $9,000 less than what I make IN A YEAR.  (Granted, he makes about 3 times what I do, but the number gave me epic sticker shock.)

The worst part, though?  He's lost all of his accrued leave time.  And seeing as he's been deployed for 13 months and has only been home for a week (for his grandfather's funeral)...there goes any chance of him coming home any time soon.

I need a margarita.  Maybe 2 of them.

• @wink0erin I'm glad your bf pulled his mother aside afterward and said that was not ok.  I would have been hurt by what she said too.  My bf's mom makes little comments all the time.  With her though, it's better to pretend I didn't hear anything. 

@PamBeesly524 I'm intrigued yet puzzled by Thinx.  I'd be panicking that it'd leak through my clothes.  But ew to returning them.  I used to work at Kohls, and they accept returns no matter what.  Well, my department was intimates and I was always disgusted by the underwear that was returned. 
  • @wink0erin  so proud of your BF! Also, does Eugene protect the house? He seems to be doing quite well :)
  • @Pambeesly524 The idea of Thinx just grosses me out. I'd imagine they feel like fabric diapers. Great idea for those who can't always have access to tampons/pads though!
    @eilis1228 @speakeasy14 BF said she was a bit wine drunk and that she has always blurted things out without thinking how it affects people. I'm just glad he went and said something without me having to ask him to do so. That meant the world to me! He's so laid back and non-confrontational that I kind of worried how he would deal with his parents' opinions in the future (like when raising kids), but the way he handled it Saturday makes me realize he will stand up for us when it is most important. 
    @misskittydanger Yes, Eugene is a fantastic guard flamingo. 
    @futuremrshistorian Oh no, sorry about BF's contract changes :( 

• labrolabro member
    edited April 2016
    @wink0erin Your peony is beautiful and your yard looks fantastic! I'm jealous that your peony is blooming already though. I think the buds on mine will probably start opening in another week or so. Hopefully they'll still be in bloom when @GoldenPenguin comes to visit in just three more weeks!

• @futuremrshistorian oh no, that's a kick in the pants! I'm sorry!

@labro H finally replaced the mailbox today!!!! haha

• @alpacina - I remember you posting that dress before. It looks great on you!
    @eilis1228 - That was really frustrating when I was applying for jobs. I applied for one that was literally the exact same thing I was doing in AZ, but I didn't even get a call, and two months later got a form letter. I was like 'really? Who else would you be calling if you didn't even call me back?' No worries on the fitbit at all!!
    @pambeesly524 - NO THANK YOU. @audrewuh has tried them, I think, and God bless her. Luckily, my periods are light (like 3 tampons over 2 days) but there's no way I could free bleed like that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards