Not Engaged Yet
Options

Beautiful Tuesday

Re: Beautiful Tuesday

• Options
    Has anyone watched the movie Max? We watched it last night, and I definitely recommend.  It's about a military dog. Calla enjoyed it too, and kept inspecting the TV every time a dog barked haha
    I can't watch anything with barking dogs on it...even commercials...Raj goes nuts barking at the TV in response.  I swear he is beautiful but not so bright....lol
  • Options
    @speakeasy14, you and your family are in my thoughts.
  • Options
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 sorry for the news.. thinking of you.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 I'm so sorry for your family's loss. Sending lots of hugs.
  • Options
    @jenna8984 - I love those drawers!  I may need to try that with mine...I have dozens of t-shirts that get buried.

Ugh, I am blah today.  Just not feeling well, physically or emotionally.  I didn't sleep well last night and I'm still anxious about the bad news from BF's company.  Plus, I got news last night that I didn't even make the first cut for one of the dream jobs that I applied to.  So it's just one thing right after another.

I teach today, but mostly we're watching movies...it's the last week of classes and so my U.S. students are watching Forrest Gump and I'm trying to boost my spirits by eating comfort food.
  • Options
    @eilis1228 DH is still doing CrossFit and I'm doing Insanity and/or running. It's definitely not the same. Yesterday I did some weight lifting and it was rough. It's crazy how quickly you can lose muscle mass.
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 thoughts for you and your family <3

@jenna8984 high 5 for wings! And I fold Matt's shirts like that {not because he doesn't, I'm just super picky lmao ... he puts shirts away and I fix them later}
  • Options
    @jenna8984 it's a sign! Also, really like the way your drawers look, that may be my weekend project.  
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 - HUGS.

@eilis1228 - Storms are already popping up, so it definitely could be an outbreak kind of day.  I'll probably leave early this afternoon because it takes a long time for a fat pregnant lady and 2 pups to get into a shelter by themselves.  :)  Baxter will walk down the stairs, but Bella won't so I'll have to somehow get her down there.  Might put her harness on her and lower her down with a leash?  Hmmmm.
  • Options
    @cocobellaf I know tornadoes are no joking matter but I'm totally picturing you as pregnant Dorothy trying to hold the pup and open the shelter door with the wind whipping!  Is yours separate from the house like that, or just your basement?

• Options
    @jenna8984 - We don't have basements here, the ground isn't conducive for them.  We have a tornado shelter.  Ours looks like this: LINK  It's in the garage.  H said he went ahead and set up the stairs for me, so hopefully it won't be too bad!  Getting out will be a problem.  :)
  • Options
    @LizzyTish88 Awwww puppies!!! They are so cute!
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF omg that thing is crazy! Tornado shelters are so foreign to me because we don't get them in New England.. I can't imagine having to run into one of those and hide.. so scary.
  • Options
    @PamBeesly524 - March, April, and May is our stormy season.  And we generally have a a really good notice, so a lot of schools are letting out early so everyone can get home.  It's not that you get used to it...  but you kind of get used to the routine.  I still get so scared I want to vomit when we're in there and it's locked and we know that it's close by and you can feel the pressure popping your ears.  Eep!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @LizzyTish88 Omg they are bestest best friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Looks like my area was just upgraded on the likelihood of severe weather tonight, meaning we will almost certainly have tornadoes, hail, etc. Joy. I'll probably leave work a little early so I can get home before the storm and rearrange the garage so my car will fit.

Spring is just lovely here. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - I saw that.  I'll be thinking of you guys, stay safe!!
  • Options
    Hope everyone stays safe!!
  • Options

@cocobellaf Whoa! I'm with Pam, that looks kinda terrifying to go into that! And you can actually feel it in your ears? Yikes, I'd take snowmaggedon over that any day.

• Options
    @CocoBellaF Thanks! I'm totally putting that storm shelter on my list of Things We Need when we buy a house. I really wish it were possible to have basements here! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    @jenna8984 - You know when you're in an airplane and the air pressure changes and you feel it all inside your head?  It's like that.  And if it's really close, you'll feel the ground vibrating and you'll hear it.  

ETA:  The part I hate most is the tornado sirens.  They put the fear of God in me!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards