Wedding Woes

Monday

Saturday was a wet, wet baseball game. I thought we were going to get crushed but the boys played well.  6let had some great outs and hits.  Then he walked past someone warming up and caught a bat across his back.  Kid was trying so hard not to cry, but it had to hurt.  Meanwhile another kid was crying huge tears for getting out and another was crying for getting mud on his pants. 

Sunday was church, lacrosse, and buying seeds for the garden.  I tried really hard, but failed at not rolling my eyes at MIL.  DH told her about the bat and she starts telling the story of getting hit with a thrown bat...in college. Lady, it's not always about you.

This week is busy, busy.  We have at least one thing every night except tonight.  I also need to jump through the summer camp hoops and hope we get a few. 

Re: Monday

• Saturday, I worked.  My doors definitely came in handy since DH's aunt, uncle, and FIL came over with their dogs.  I dog sat while DH, his aunt and uncle, and the kids went to Sky Zone.  We had everyone over for dinner.  All was OK until DH's dad and aunt got in a spat and she ran upstairs and cried.   Serious WTF-ness on that shit. 

Sunday, we slept in and then laid around until after noon.  I finally got up and went to the store.  When I got home, I puttered around the kitchen and made stuff for dinner.  We had bad storms early evening, which interrupted last night's TV.  I went to bed early (for me) and then ended up awake and having bit of a life freak-out at 4:30a (about nothing in particular...just brain overload, I guess). 
  • We has bad storms too, @mrs.conn23.  Glad that's over with (hopefully).

Took Wooz to riding Saturday, and she was on a horse she'd never ridden before.  He was a little peppier than some of the others she's ridden recently, and she took a couple of jumps at a canter.  Which she loved, god help us. 

Went straight from there to my mom's--both kids fell asleep in the car, and we met my mom at CFA.  Then we helped her with some stuff--she's moving Thursday and needed to get her old entertainment center out to the curb, install a couple of CO detectors, etc.  By the time we finished with that and drove home again, that was pretty much our day.

Yesterday both kids had swim.  It was DS's first time, and he took to it pretty well.  He had a serious WTF look on his face at times, but he's generally pretty accepting of things.  It rained yesterday morning, but by the time we got home the grass was dry enough to mow.  So DH mowed, and DS and I went behind him with the spreader dropping grass seed.  Finished just in time for the next wave of storms.

I fly out this afternoon, so I'm putting in a couple of hours at the office and then heading to the airport.  Sigh.
  • Besides dealing with a whole lot of crazy from my mother this weekend (I posted on Chit Chat if you're interested) this weekend was pretty good. Friday was happy hour with work friends, then game night with some close friends. I forget sometimes how much fun just playing board games can be.

Saturday and Sunday were working, cleaning, food prepping and trying taking the dog to run outside in between thunderstorms. That and searching all over the house to find the cat hiding under the couch in terror from the storm.

Also, how is it May already?! I swear I'm still in March.

• Also, how is it May already?! I swear I'm still in March.
    Werd.  I think that was part of my 4:30am freakout.  It's moving so fast. 
  • We had an extremely lazy weekend. Saturday, I watched the cross country portion of the Rolex 3 day eventing on TV while keeping laundry moving. FH washed and vacuumed his car. We went out later to play some pool.

Sunday, I was too hung over to do much. We watched Archer and Kimmy Schmidt. We picked out wedding invitations, but have some details to iron out before we order them. 
  • Saturday I ended up hitting 3 different parties, but they were all small, intimate, filled with good friends, and relaxing.  I met K's best friend (M) at M's housewarming party.  M and I have a scary ton in common (same age, just left 16 year relationships, had to get new place, lots of common interests) and really enjoyed each other, so that was nice.  Headed out to another friend's place for games, booze, and food over the fire pit.  Then headed to another friend's place for more games and to see her amazing new apartment.  It's a restored Victorian mansion.  Her apartment has all of the original Victorian crown molding, chandeliers with the molding bases, arched doorways, 2 fireplaces, wood floors, bay window...it's just gorgeous.

Sunday I stayed home and basically caught up my ironing, watched TV, and snuggled with K.  

I slept a lot, which I was somewhat concerned about (until noon on Saturday, 10 on Sunday) b/c I can't tell if it's depression or catch up because I've been sleeping like shit for a few weeks now.  But, I physically felt better, so I'll take the hours.
  • I had a nice quiet weekend. I cleaned and cooked all the things. In the new house, it's so easy and nice to clean so I feel like I'm finally going to be one of the people whose house is always clean. I've always wanted to be one of those people.

I cooked and prepped all day yesterday. I made parmesan and thyme crackers for H. He said they had too much parmesan. WTF is wrong with this guy? Too much parm - GTFO.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I hate insurance.  I've been fighting a bill for a mammogram done on 9-3.  They keep assuring me it's fixed and they'll take care of it and they'll call me back.  I keep having to spend 30+ minutes on the phone calling them. 

Today I got to a supervisor who told me they don't even take our insurance and never have so she doesn't know if it's ever going to be paid. Then she gave the snotty "I'm so sorry YOU'VE had to get involved in YOUR healthcare responsibility."  1. They DO take our insurance and have.  2. If someone had sent the correctly coded bill to the correct payment center 8 MONTHS ago.  I wouldn't have to be involved.  3.  Thank goodness the results were good, I'd hate to deal with a medical issue on top of this bs.

She assured me they would take care of it.  I told her I wasn't going to hold my breath.  I'd hate to deal with that medical bill too.

I was just at my primary and we were talking about this.  She called me yesterday to see if there was anything SHE (the DOCTOR) could do to help.  It was bugging her that a mammogram was so hard to get paid out.
  • edited May 2016
    I'm an ugly, cranky mess today!  After a hellish weekend moving my dad that included getting a sofa stuck in a stairwell, busting a dome light over FI's head and then getting stuck in an elevator, my insomnia kicked in around 12:30, about 2 hours after I went to bed and I didn't fall back asleep until 6.

I'm supposed to start an 8 week clean eating challenge today.  Screw that noise, that can wait until tomorrow!

ETA:  FI is a legit God-send.  I don't know what I'd do without him.  My brother is an addict and my sister lives in Florida so they're completely useless.  Add my dads COPD and I would have had to pay for movers and a Molly Maid for this.  I don't know how I got so lucky, seriously.
  • This weekend was great. I left right after work on Friday to visit DH in Indiana. I didn't get there until 1:30 am thanks to tons of construction in between Louisville and Indianapolis, but it was totally worth it.

We slept in on Saturday morning and then shopped Saturday afternoon. It was pouring rain so there really wasn't much else we could do. Saturday night we went to a fun Canadian themed bar and had some great food and too much to drink, but again worth it.

We slept til noon on Sunday (neither of us ever do that), and then I got up and got packed to leave. It was a short visit, but I miss DH so much that I really don't care. I'll take what I can get. Only a month or so left and he will be home :) I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

Today was a good day. I love my new job. The basic nature of it is much busier than my job at the bank so time passes really quickly.

Also- @ShesSoCold I don't believe there is any such thing as too much parm. Your H is nuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards