Attire & Accessories Forum

Pop of color-bridesmaids

I am so stuck. My bridesmaids are all wearing different short black dresses. I wanted them each wearing a little bit of one color. The colors are pink, purple and lime green. We were originally going to do sashes but as they picked their dresses I found the sash would not look good. I have thought about having pashminas but I think that is a larger amount of color then I would like. I then thought statement necklaces but their necklines are all different. I then thought shoes but I am wearing pink shoes and did not want to take away from the fun of my shoe. Any one have any other ideas?

Re: Pop of color-bridesmaids

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    agree on bouquets and leave it at that. tell them if they want to accessorize their dress with some color that is fine but they don't have to.
  • I initially wanted green dresses for my BMs.  But my sister HATES green, so I didn't want her to purchase a green dress.  I went for a neutral gray tone and had the green in their bouquets.  That was the pop of color needed. 

I also let each girl decide on shoes and their accessories, so they could wear what is comfortable for them and possibly something they already owned.

I wouldn't worry about the shoes, you will long forget what shoes your BMs wear, but you will remember the smiles on their faces as they stand next to you on your wedding day.

• Do the BM bouquets each in those individual colors and call it golden.  It'll save you a ton over trying to buy matching whatevers and they won't have to try to find something to work. 
  • A pop of personality looks better than a pop of color. Tell them if they WANT to accessorize with something pink, purple or lime green they can, then see what they add. Maybe one wants to wear a necklace, one does shoes, another one does her nails and some don't add anything at all. Along with their bouquets, that would look great and they will be happy to have the choice. 
  • A pop of personality looks better than a pop of color. Tell them if they WANT to accessorize with something pink, purple or lime green they can, then see what they add. Maybe one wants to wear a necklace, one does shoes, another one does her nails and some don't add anything at all. Along with their bouquets, that would look great and they will be happy to have the choice. 
    I really like that!
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Bouquets or shoes. Honestly, their shoe color choice will not take away from the fun of your pink shoes. That's kind of ridiculous. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards