Wedding Woes
Options

Thursday

The weather has been the worst this week.  Just gloomy, cold, and rainy.  I was off work yesterday and stayed in bed until about 11:30a.  It was glorious.

We woke up this morning and it was 61 in the house.  I turned on the heat since we were all shivering.

We're doing tacos and enchiladas for cinco de mayo.  And I'll be having plenty of margaritas too.  :D

Re: Thursday

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Cold and rainy here today.  Our house is at 62 and I was thinking about the furnace, but 68 tomorrow? 

I like margaritas for tonight, but it's all about leftovers for us.  DH is taking tomorrow off to do yardwork and since it'll be nice he's going to pull out the smoker.

We had a pretty good come from behind baseball win last night.  The kids were pretty excited.  Yet AGAIN my son was doing dirt angels at home.  Grrrr.  I'm bummed M2 wants DH to take her to gymnastics tonight.  It means I get stuck at lacrosse.
  • Options
    *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited May 2016
    I'm on day 4 of my migraine. I'm leaving work for PT in about 30 minutes, so maybe the massage  will help alleviate it. I'm at maybe 60% today, so feeling better than I have the rest of the week. 

ETA: tomorrow is  working Friday, but i might just WFH since the commute is still crap. It took me almost an hour to go ~3 miles today. I could have walked it in that time. 
  • Options
    edited May 2016

I had planned on making enchiladas this week, forgetting it was Cinco. And it worked out that I'm making them tonight. I made the sauce and filling last night, in case H is working overnights again. He's been working from like 7pm - whenever am most of the week. Which totally blows because it messes up his entire schedule and he make less money.

Some of my friends wanted to meet at a Mexican place for 1/2 price margs tonight but I can't go since I'd already made most of dinner. I'm hoping they'll come to my house instead.

We're having a seminar at work, which has nothing to do with me, but they like me to meet and ass-kiss the participants. So I wore makeup. Everyone who has seen me today has commented on it. I finally said "this is why I don't wear makeup - because everyone has to talk about it".

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

It's chilly here this morning as well.  I'm finishing my cleaning and then I need to get ready for volunteering at DD1's school.

I'm bummed that I'll be missing Son's game tonight.  It will be a good one but it doesn't start until 7:30, which would make it way too late for the girls.  Plus it will only be 55* at game time, so it's just a no-go.

• Options
    6fsn said:
    Adventures in parenting:  Last night the other team got a double play.  Max said "That was a dammit."  Apparently he also said it at an appropriate time during a Crew game.  Nice kid.
    as long as he's using it in the correct context... :smiley: 
  • Options
    I turned in my final grades yesterday so today at work I have successfully 1) returned one email, 2) listed two bridemaids dresses on ebay 3) walked down the hall to get coffee 4) chatted with my coworkers

My to do list is much longer, but I have zero motivation.
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    6fsn said:
    Adventures in parenting:  Last night the other team got a double play.  Max said "That was a dammit."  Apparently he also said it at an appropriate time during a Crew game.  Nice kid.
    as long as he's using it in the correct context... :smiley: 
    I love stories about kids swearing!  FI's first swear word story was when he was 3ish and they played a Lions highlight clip.  He ran up to the TV and said "sommofabitch."

We just had our appraisal.  Fingers crossed!  I really want to drop this PMI, and more importantly, our interest rate!  

This afternoon is dads pulmonology appointment where we find out what stage of COPD he has.  Sometimes I see him and think maybe it's not as bad as I think it is but other times, like when he insists on taking the one flight of stairs to his apartment instead of the elevator, he is so breathless and then needs his emergency inhaler and I'm convinced this is it.  Either way, if you're prayers or vibe senders or whatever, we'll take them.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    @kimmiinthemitten sending. 

The show last night with FH was really good. We both enjoyed ourselves and had fun. Neither one of us was too cranky.

Storytime: When my little brother was going through his cussing phase he was the cutest. Most memorably telling Grandma that he did want to be in her goddamn picture while on family vacation.
  • Options
    Today was kind of boring. Until I heard from the realtor. FI and I are going to look at houses after work. I'm very excited.... and nervous. We are only looking at 3 houses today. These are the first ones we are going to look at, so we will see.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Today was kind of boring. Until I heard from the realtor. FI and I are going to look at houses after work. I'm very excited.... and nervous. We are only looking at 3 houses today. These are the first ones we are going to look at, so we will see.
    Good luck with the house hunt. I felt nervous before seeing the first few houses because those were our favorites. Have fun!
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    remember that paint color is one of the quickest, easiest, cheapest changes. paint color should not be a dealbreaker. (however a 3500 sqft house with floor to ceiling godawful wallpaper - including the 2 story living room - is a total dealbreaker.)

ETA: if the basement has less than 2 ft of standing water, DO NOT BUY.
    Thank goodness we don't have basements. I don't mind painting, so that is good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:
    remember that paint color is one of the quickest, easiest, cheapest changes. paint color should not be a dealbreaker. (however a 3500 sqft house with floor to ceiling godawful wallpaper - including the 2 story living room - is a total dealbreaker.)

Re: to Bolded:
    so buy if there is 4 ft? 
     ;) 
  • Options
    *Barbie* said:

Re: to Bolded:
    so buy if there is 4 ft? 
     ;) 
    obviously, unless you find one with at least 5 feet. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards