Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Color Palette for Season and Venue

So we're getting married next year in November, and we've found a pretty good venue. I wanted to incorporate the venue's colors into the wedding so the decorations wouldn't clash, but I also wanted some brighter colors mixed in. I had two prospective palettes, I'm just wondering which would look better with the decor (I also love to dye my hair bright colors, and find that shades of purple, blue, and pink/red look the best. So I was hoping to dye my hair to go with the palette). Or if neither look quite right, and if anyone had better suggestions. 
Venue: 

Palette 1: 

Palette 2:

Thank you you so much in advance!

Re: Color Palette for Season and Venue

• Options
    That's a beautiful venue. I personally wouldn't try to compete with it too much. I'd probably stick with cream and gold, but I can see how you'd want something a little brighter and a (I freaking hate this phrase) "pop of color". Hopefully someone else will have a better suggestion.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I like the blue in Palette 1.  I think that the blue in that palette may draw out the brightness of the paintings on the wall, and if done in a moderate way, may create that splash of color that brightens things up.  It is a beautiful venue, but it looks a little dark (may just be my monitor), and I do see a lot of browns already.  The blue may break it up without being awkward.

"And when they use our atoms to make new lives, they won’t just be able to take one, they’ll have to take two, one of you and one of me..."
    --Philip Pullman

• Options
    I agree with Atomic.  I think a touch of the bright blue would be a great way to break up the brown and red.  I could also see just going with a vibrant green tone, which would be easy to do with florals.

I don't think I'd introduce a wholly new color; there might be too much competition.
    Anniversary

• Options
    I, too, like the blue. It breaks up all the dark stuff.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Another vote for the blue palette. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards